Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 09:43 AM

3,863 posts, read 9,508,850 times

Advertisements

Didn't see Miami on the most dangerous cities list just released?

10. Stockton, Calif. 9. Rockford, Ill. 8. Baltimore, Md. 7. Little Rock, Ark. 6. Oakland, Calif.
5. Memphis, Tenn. 4. New Haven, Conn. 3. St. Louis, Missouri 2, Detroit, Michigan
1. Flint, Michigan Population:

Nope no Miami!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2011, 09:56 AM

5,960 posts, read 5,546,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by overdose View Post
noo, urban is codeword for "ghetto" dont confuse the two.

1) Then...how to you propose they slow down crime?
2)yeah, I wrote that for the fun of it
3)I feel like I'm attacking myself but....what do you mean exactly by the government raising their children? And big cities don't run like little ones.
4)You complained about it in #1
5)Um..crack was introduced to the streets by those in charge. And why do people only single out slavery? So 1865 to the mid 1970s was nothing then? BTW, I'm being nice by saying the mid 1970s
6)Well, ok then.
I've heard for years that "crack was introduced to the streets in the 1980s by the government/CIA".

But what I don't hear is how exactly the government grabbed the people's arms, grabbed their hands, forced them to light the lighter, put the crack pipe up their lips and, finally, forced the poor urban dweller to inhale the smoke.

That part is always left out of the "crack was introduced by the government" theory.

Old 05-31-2011, 10:20 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
Guess you didn't watch the video...

I don't know about you but my skin isn't bulletproof. Yes, I fear getting shot when people are shooting wildly. Crazy isn't it?

I guess the shooter in that video neglected to consult the FBI statistics...

Link doesn't work, video has been removed. Do you have a newspaper link so we have some idea to what part of Miami this occured? It didn't happen to be Liberty City or one of the other areas notorious for shootings and violence did it?

Old 05-31-2011, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Link doesn't work, video has been removed. Do you have a newspaper link so we have some idea to what part of Miami this occured? It didn't happen to be Liberty City or one of the other areas notorious for shootings and violence did it?
One killed, seven injured during police-involved shootings on South Beach - Miami Beach - MiamiHerald.com (http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/05/30/2241990/police-gunmen-open-fire-on-south.html - broken link)

LiveLeak.com - Miami Beach shooting on Memorial Day weekend 2011

Old 05-31-2011, 10:37 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,418,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
YouTube has become very PC these days they remove any video that causes a controversy.

Old 05-31-2011, 10:55 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,729,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
I've heard for years that "crack was introduced to the streets in the 1980s by the government/CIA".

But what I don't hear is how exactly the government grabbed the people's arms, grabbed their hands, forced them to light the lighter, put the crack pipe up their lips and, finally, forced the poor urban dweller to inhale the smoke.

That part is always left out of the "crack was introduced by the government" theory.

I suppose it is like the TV show "Bait Car" where the police leave a car unattended in a city like Compton and wait for it too be stolen. They can't help it.

Old 05-31-2011, 01:33 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,564,801 times
Do you know what is funny? Miami Beach has also hosted a Black Film Festival every year now for over a decade and this kind of nonsense doesn't happen when that event takes place!
This really has nothing to do with "race" but youth and acting the fools and if you remember Fort Lauderdale had to ban "Spring Break" due to a bunch of white male college kids unable to control their drinking!

Old 05-31-2011, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by overdose View Post
If you have a gun, and allow some guy who you know to be wacko to have it, your partially responsible when he uses it to harm people. Same to drugs. Let a drug dealer have it, what do you expect? and not who it was sold to. People who felt that their lives were not going anywhere. People already on drugs. And thats not only black people btw.
White people are responsible for the drugs they CHOOSE to put into their bodies. That includes the negative consequences.

What you may not realize is that...

blacks are responsible for themselves as well.

I know its a shock.

And if someone feels that drug abuse is not their fault because they are depressed?

Too bad. Go tell some poor soul in Africa or India who has REAL problems.

Old 05-31-2011, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
Do you know what is funny? Miami Beach has also hosted a Black Film Festival every year now for over a decade and this kind of nonsense doesn't happen when that event takes place!
This really has nothing to do with "race" but youth and acting the fools and if you remember Fort Lauderdale had to ban "Spring Break" due to a bunch of white male college kids unable to control their drinking!
BREAKTHROUGH!!!

Yes, its CULTURE...not RACE!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies