Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 11:12 PM

4,088 posts, read 4,373,483 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Mmmmmm no one mentioned race war, it wasn't crime perpetrated by one race on another. Why does the left see everything through the prism of race. A fascinating pathology.
UPDATE: MIAMI 'WAR ZONE' DURING URBAN WEEKEND...
'I was scared for my life'...
Poet 'Da Real One' Gunned Down In Front Of Miami Poetry Cafe...
Violent crime explodes in Myrtle during Black Bike Week; 8-hour hell...
Rib Fest At Rochester beach turns rowdy...
Riot On Long Island...
Urban Melee In Charlotte...
Chaos causes DNC concern for convention...
Unruly urban crowd shuts down Nashville water park...
Emanuel shuts down packed Chicago beach; 'heat-related illnesses'...
REPORT: 'Dozens of gang bangers'...

I'm seeing things, huh? LMFAO at you...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2011, 11:47 PM

37,754 posts, read 40,839,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
We all know that the Drudge Report (and Fox "News") scour the noosphere for any videos involving violence by black youths, then make sure that, however anecdotal or insignificant in the grand scheme of things, they get prominent play. Especially if whites appear to be the "victims".

Meanwhile, White-on-white violence, or heaven forbid, white-on-black violence... um, no thanks, can't use it.

We can all ponder on why they do that

Well, Matt Drudge is really beating the war drums today. Here's his above the banner headlines. I didn't edit them- this is exactly how they appear on his site:

Riot On Long Island...

Gee, who knew there's a full-on race war being waged in the US by black teens this week? Did anybody else notice it? Should we be afraid if we see a group of black kids coming down the sidewalk toward us?

Freakin' Wingers, scared of their shadows, man, I swear... it's depressing.
Which of the stories aren't true or are about black teens? I read the Miami one which doesn't say the race, the Ribfest one which doesn't say the race and the one about the DNC which also doesn't say the race.

Old 05-31-2011, 11:51 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,378,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
We all know that the Drudge Report (and Fox "News") scour the noosphere for any videos involving violence by black youths, then make sure that, however anecdotal or insignificant in the grand scheme of things, they get prominent play. Especially if whites appear to be the "victims".

Meanwhile, White-on-white violence, or heaven forbid, white-on-black violence... um, no thanks, can't use it.

We can all ponder on why they do that

Well, Matt Drudge is really beating the war drums today. Here's his above the banner headlines. I didn't edit them- this is exactly how they appear on his site:

Riot On Long Island...

Gee, who knew there's a full-on race war being waged in the US by black teens this week? Did anybody else notice it? Should we be afraid if we see a group of black kids coming down the sidewalk toward us?

Freakin' Wingers, scared of their shadows, man, I swear... it's depressing.
Know what? I saw the same headlines and the words "race war" wasn't mentioned anywhere until you did here.

Old 06-01-2011, 12:03 AM

1,811 posts, read 1,204,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnPaul View Post
Why do your surf a site you don't like?
So idiotic posts like his OP can be written. From the very first phrase "We all know...", it is obvious his post is a nullity.

Old 06-01-2011, 07:07 AM

4,088 posts, read 4,373,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffington View Post
So idiotic posts like his OP can be written. From the very first phrase "We all know...", it is obvious his post is a nullity.
Do you only surf sites whose content you already agree with, Jeff? That's what contributes to the decline of critical thinking in this country.

Drudge's headline barrage on "urban chaos" was carried right at the top of his page, accompanied by a still, presumably from one of the vids, of several black teens in blurry motion. No one clicks on all eight links to read the stories. Drudge doesn't intend for that to happen- that might result in people putting things into context (something the propagandists want to avoid- it leads to critical thinking- something else they want us to avoid).

We'd be foolish to ignore the insideous intent of the racially charged videos that are constantly showing up on Drudge or Fox News. They are dog whistles. In the context (there's that word again) of their promenece during the first term of our first black president, their intent is obvious.

Old 06-01-2011, 07:11 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,702,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I just got off the phone with my right-wing friend who told me that blacks are causing trouble all over the country. He then said I need to go look at Drudge's website for proof.
Wow, your friend represents all conservatives. Interesting.....

Old 06-01-2011, 07:13 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,736,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Mmmmmm no one mentioned race war, it wasn't crime perpetrated by one race on another. Why does the left see everything through the prism of race. A fascinating pathology.
The good old Southern Strategy never required a "war", just a "threat". Because the idea is based on the premise that there are just enough idiots who can be sold on the idea... ANYTIME!

Old 06-01-2011, 07:15 AM

I'm seeing things, huh? LMFAO at you...[/quote]

The only thing no one sees are the words race war because they aren't there. Again it is so sad to see what happened to the Dem party, they dong see people, they see only color.

Old 06-01-2011, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
The good old Southern Strategy never required a "war", just a "threat". Because the idea is based on the premise that there are just enough idiots who can be sold on the idea... ANYTIME!
The only one selling anything is the left. They only see people through the prism of identity politics , it is truly sad.

Old 06-01-2011, 07:25 AM

52,320 posts, read 34,040,569 times
i've never heard of a race war where only one race is involved
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies