Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 03:16 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,740,494 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillies2011 View Post
Chris Christie who has been spending his time as governor of new jersey by making drastic cuts to education and basically all public services while claiming the state is broke, recently took a helicopter ride to attend his son's H.S. baseball game.

Christie has shown what fiscal conservatives mean when they say we all need to tighten our belts in these tough economic times... all the regular people are going to get the shaft while people like him continue to live lavishly.
You can now remove your foot from your mouth. All of your efforts to express your embarrassment at being fooled by a slanted web site will be accepted.

State Police Superintendent Col. Rick Fuentes released a statement arguing the flights don't cost the taxpayer anything.

Fuentes said the time police pilots fly the governor count as training time.

"It is important to understand that State Police helicopters fly daily homeland security missions, and use flight time for training purposes, more so lately as we acclimate our pilots to the new aircraft," Fuentes.

Fuentes said because of this, the flights have no extra cost to the taxpayers.

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/201...tml#MostRecent
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2011, 03:17 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,740,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillies2011 View Post
okay so i guess you don't find it the least bit hypocritical that he cut that deficit by totally decimating the state's education system and all other public services while making sure there was still enough budget for his pointless chopper rides?

Read the facts baby, read the facts.

State Police say Gov. Christie's helicopter rides are 'no additional cost to taxpayers' | NJ.com

Old 06-01-2011, 03:18 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,752,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
i notice that anybody who ever disagrees with you is automatically labeled as a leftist.

just because i dont drink the gop koolaid and defend every gop member for anything like yourself, does not mean i am a leftist.

i have an independent voting record. have voted for dems, republicans, and independent.

2010 i voted for the republican kline for house and horner independent for gov.

while you just check off R down the line.

you dont make the GOP work for your vote, which is unfortunate.

I have no interest in your voting record. I notice your posts tilt left.

By the way you were as wrong as wrong can be!

Old 06-01-2011, 03:22 PM

537 posts, read 818,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
I have no interest in your voting record. I notice your posts tilt left.

By the way you were as wrong as wrong can be!
Thanks for proving his point.

Old 06-01-2011, 03:22 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
You can now remove your foot from your mouth. All of your efforts to express your embarrassment at being fooled by a slanted web site will be accepted.

State Police Superintendent Col. Rick Fuentes released a statement arguing the flights don't cost the taxpayer anything.

Fuentes said the time police pilots fly the governor count as training time.

"It is important to understand that State Police helicopters fly daily homeland security missions, and use flight time for training purposes, more so lately as we acclimate our pilots to the new aircraft," Fuentes.

Fuentes said because of this, the flights have no extra cost to the taxpayers.

State Police say Gov. Christie's helicopter rides are 'no additional cost to taxpayers' | NJ.com
Whoa there! Just back up a minute.....

TAXPAYERS pay for """State Police helicopters and homeland security missions""".........and NOT to give some spoiled rich repug a ride to a baseball game....

And so damn what if he balanced the budget...that doesn't then give him the right to get a luxury ride on taxpayers backs to HIS kids baseball game.....and LOTS of people in NJ will see it that way....

Old 06-01-2011, 03:28 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,852,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
you wont see this on the blaze.
I love watching failure live.

Old 06-01-2011, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Whoa there! Just back up a minute.....

TAXPAYERS pay for """State Police helicopters and homeland security missions""".........and NOT to give some spoiled rich repug a ride to a baseball game....

And so damn what if he balanced the budget...that doesn't then give him the right to get a luxury ride on taxpayers backs to HIS kids baseball game.....and LOTS of people in NJ will see it that way....
Can you not read?

Old 06-01-2011, 03:40 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,752,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebrehm View Post
Thanks for proving his point.

LOL, his point being the Blaze wouldn't report it?

Old 06-01-2011, 03:50 PM

527 posts, read 467,697 times
To say that flight did not cost the taxpayers anything - and to NOT see it as a big waste of resources just so someone could fly to six innings of a baseball game is just naive shortsightedness with a dash of rose colored glasses vision thrown in too- the gas costs something- to say that these flights are happening anyways is a cop out- the gas used for the flight should have been used to transport food to homeless shelters, or to do anything that would be far more useful to the taxpayers than bringing that politician to a baseball game-this sort of entitlement attitude of all politicians is something that is so hypocritical and it is absurd that anyone would defend such misuse of government resources-

Old 06-01-2011, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
LOL, his point being the Blaze wouldn't report it?
I'm getting to the point where I would be ok with the government spending a few billions on educating all of the retarded Democrats, it's for the greater good of the country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies