Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 02:49 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,885,578 times

Advertisements

Clinton denounces Syria’s Assad over murdered boy - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_theenvoy/20110601/ts_yblog_theenvoy/clinton-denounces-syrias-assad-over-murdered-boy - broken link)

Hillary denounces this barbaric act.

But Israel should make peace with these barbarians! And also the barbarians who raped and tried to murder Lara Logan. And also the barbarians who slaughtered the Fogel family in their sleep. Make peace, Israel!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2011, 03:32 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,597,244 times
Since we can only tolerate one Chief Bad Guy at a time, we have to make do with Qaddafi. Perhaps Assad can get in line to be the next one, at which time Syria will be properly condemned for its barbaric behavior. Until then, most Americans neither know (or want to know) anything about what might be emanating from Damascus.

Old 06-01-2011, 03:33 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,562,431 times
Can somebody point me to where Gaddafi is charged with anything remotely close to this. Why isn't the international community doing anything about Assad? I can't make any sense of what we are doing. This is beyond barbaric.

Old 06-01-2011, 03:48 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,547,540 times
I wonder if republicans would allow Obama to use military might against Syria the way it was used against Lybia?

Old 06-01-2011, 03:49 PM

2,409 posts, read 3,040,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Can somebody point me to where Gaddafi is charged with anything remotely close to this. Why isn't the international community doing anything about Assad? I can't make any sense of what we are doing. This is beyond barbaric.

Because America in reality is a big bully. We cower in the face of a real threat like North Korea or Iran or Syria. We talk big...........we'll denounce this and denounce that...........we'll send in the latest greatest military technology and best trained Spec Ops in the world to raid a run down "million dollar" compound in a Pakistani neighborhood...........or worse we'll bomb from afar men, women and children with our Predator drones.......but toppling a truly evil regime that murders 13 year old boys? That would mean our foreign policy and our government military industrial complex actually believes the lies and deceit they spew regarding liberty, freedom, and democracy. Countries like Iran, Syria, and North Korea actually pose a serious threat to American military might..........and there isn't really an economic interest in destroying the Syrian government...........so that is why the world and specifically the USA turns the other cheek at atrocities like that.

Old 06-01-2011, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
I wonder if republicans would allow Obama to use military might against Syria the way it was used against Lybia?
Republicans, and Congress in general are MIA. No, I would expect sanctions, resolutions, and working with Congress to put pressure on Assad. Do something to help those people escape this brutal tyranny.
I am not convinced we have a role to play in Libya at all. I think the rebels are likely our enemy. Even if they are not, this is nothing short of a coup, with the end game being a dead Gaddafi. Assassinations of foreign leaders is supposed to be against international law.

Old 06-01-2011, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCroozer View Post
Because America in reality is a big bully. We cower in the face of a real threat like North Korea or Iran or Syria. We talk big...........we'll denounce this and denounce that...........we'll send in the latest greatest military technology and best trained Spec Ops in the world to raid a run down "million dollar" compound in a Pakistani neighborhood...........or worse we'll bomb from afar men, women and children with our Predator drones.......but toppling a truly evil regime that murders 13 year old boys? That would mean our foreign policy and our government military industrial complex actually believes the lies and deceit they spew regarding liberty, freedom, and democracy. Countries like Iran, Syria, and North Korea actually pose a serious threat to American military might..........and there isn't really an economic interest in destroying the Syrian government...........so that is why the world and specifically the USA turns the other cheek at atrocities like that.

Old 06-01-2011, 04:08 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Quote:
Republicans, and Congress in general are MIA. No, I would expect sanctions, resolutions, and working with Congress to put pressure on Assad. Do something to help those people escape this brutal tyranny.
I am not convinced we have a role to play in Libya at all. I think the rebels are likely our enemy. Even if they are not, this is nothing short of a coup, with the end game being a dead Gaddafi. Assassinations of foreign leaders is supposed to be against international law.
Why not be outraged that the UN is sitting by or NATO is sitting by.
Why does everyone here think the US has to be the world cop ?

We're already fighting in 3 countries..want to add another to the list of "bad guys" we have to get rid of ?

Old 06-01-2011, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Why not be outraged that the UN is sitting by or NATO is sitting by.
Why does everyone here think the US has to be the world cop ?

We're already fighting in 3 countries..want to add another to the list of "bad guys" we have to get rid of ?
Because we fund NATO and the UN, we pay dearly to have the biggest influence on what they do or do not do.
I am not suggesting military action - remember how many sanctions and resolutions the international body put upon Iraq, before Congress authorized action.

Old 06-01-2011, 04:18 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,692,234 times
Quote:
I guess you missed the video taped gang rapes by Quaky Daffy's Libyan forces of young girls.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies