Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2011, 09:08 AM

23,416 posts, read 36,993,685 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
I smell a troll.
For once, I have to completely agree with you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2011, 09:11 AM

23,416 posts, read 36,993,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Carbonni View Post
Meh. When dealing with people like you; there is no compromise and you were never a "nice guy" to start with. Just another petty puritan. I have dealt with dozens of you guys before and you bring nothing new.

I think I can give his answer for him:

He's just going to call you a skank again. Methinks he might have some women issues as well as being a puritan. I also think those women issues may be why he is so high-strung, if you get my drift.

This is a someone who is so blinded by petty rage that nothing you say will sway or moderate him. Nothing you concede with pacify him. Your mere existence is a violation of his rights. Notice how there are more restrictions on smoking than ever before and this guy is acting like there are gangs of smokers who go around finding asthmatics to hold down and force smoke down their throat? Appeasing anti-smokers and thinking it will calm them down is like cutting your hand and hoping the piranhas will be satisfied.

He probably had a parent who treated him poorly and also used to smoke with the windows rolled up in the car and would hit him or yell at him if he tried to roll down the window (I have had a few anti-smokers explicitly state that as the reason why they hate smokers). Since that was something that particularly annoyed him and he can't get back at her directly, he transfers his anger towards smokers. Read the tone of his posts. That's not someone who is genuinely concerned about health. Health is just an excuse, that's why you almost never see them extend the same reasoning towards things like barbeque smoke and so on. That's the tone of someone with a pathological hatred and is filled with revenge fantasies.
As usual, you are spot on with your assessment!

Old 12-01-2011, 09:59 AM

386 posts, read 232,501 times
Quote:
I smell a troll.
What you are smelling is the foul stench of tobacco smoke coming off of your clothes, hair and breath, or possible from the endless piles of litter on the ground you strew constantly.

Old 12-01-2011, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Meh. When dealing with people like you; there is no compromise and you were never a "nice guy" to start with. Just another petty puritan. I have dealt with dozens of you guys before and you bring nothing new.

I think I can give his answer for him:

He's just going to call you a skank again. Methinks he might have some women issues as well as being a puritan. I also think those women issues may be why he is so high-strung, if you get my drift.

This is a someone who is so blinded by petty rage that nothing you say will sway or moderate him. Nothing you concede with pacify him. Your mere existence is a violation of his rights. Notice how there are more restrictions on smoking than ever before and this guy is acting like there are gangs of smokers who go around finding asthmatics to hold down and force smoke down their throat? Appeasing anti-smokers and thinking it will calm them down is like cutting your hand and hoping the piranhas will be satisfied.

He probably had a parent who treated him poorly and also used to smoke with the windows rolled up in the car and would hit him or yell at him if he tried to roll down the window (I have had a few anti-smokers explicitly state that as the reason why they hate smokers). Since that was something that particularly annoyed him and he can't get back at her directly, he transfers his anger towards smokers. Read the tone of his posts. That's not someone who is genuinely concerned about health. Health is just an excuse, that's why you almost never see them extend the same reasoning towards things like barbeque smoke and so on. That's the tone of someone with a pathological hatred and is filled with revenge fantasies.
Do you have anything whatsoever "of substance" to add, or just more mindless drivel and pseudo-psychology babble? I didn't think so.

I am willing to compromise - smoke on your own property among consenting adults and keep the filth - airborne and litte - to yourself. But you are too selfish to do that - aren't you? Stone-up and answer.

Old 12-01-2011, 10:48 AM

3,728 posts, read 4,869,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lahaina Lopaka View Post
Do you have anything whatsoever "of substance" to add, or just more mindless drivel and pseudo-psychology babble? I didn't think so.

I am willing to compromise - smoke on your own property among consenting adults and keep the filth - airborne and litte - to yourself. But you are too selfish to do that - aren't you? Stone-up and answer.
Was your mother or your father? I'm guessing your mother since you seem to reserve the majority of your venom towards women. Did she hit you and then tell you afterwards that when you're older that you can do whatever you want in your own car? Something happened in your childhood or early adolescence that caused your little obsession. Did it involve a woman? Or did your hatred of women develop independently? Your rhetoric and attitude goes beyond health concerns and merely disliking smoking. You have palpable hatred of smokers that has some definitive origin.

Am I willing to do that? No. Because open air smoking is not hurting anyone. To claim that smoking in an outdoor setting (in the vast majority of cases) is causing someone any measurable harm is absurd given the low concentrations of smoke and the short-term of exposure. If they are violating your rights, so is anyone who is having barbeque or driving a car or has a yard with plants that produce pollen or any number of other activities. But I'm sure only smoking counts in your mind.

Obviously, I will not smoke on your property nor the private property of someone who requests me not to.

Old 12-01-2011, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Was your mother or your father? I'm guessing your mother since you seem to reserve the majority of your venom towards women. Did she hit you and then tell you afterwards that when you're older that you can do whatever you want in your own car? Something happened in your childhood or early adolescence that caused your little obsession. Did it involve a woman? Or did your hatred of women develop independently? Your rhetoric and attitude goes beyond health concerns and merely disliking smoking. You have palpable hatred of smokers that has some definitive origin.

Am I willing to do that? No. Because open air smoking is not hurting anyone. To claim that smoking in an outdoor setting (in the vast majority of cases) is causing someone any measurable harm is absurd given the low concentrations of smoke and the short-term of exposure. If they are violating your rights, so is anyone who is having barbeque or driving a car or has a yard with plants that produce pollen or any number of other activities. But I'm sure only smoking counts in your mind.

Obviously, I will not smoke on your property nor the private property of someone who requests me not to.
Your post is not worth a reply (or reading past the first sentence), you are on the ignore list.

Old 12-01-2011, 01:07 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,562,431 times
Quote:
What you are smelling is the foul stench of tobacco smoke coming off of your clothes, hair and breath, or possible from the endless piles of litter on the ground you strew constantly.
Here's a real problem - liberal wackos that claim to care about the environment then do this. Not to mention the costs of this cleanup. Unbelievable!
Occupy L.A.: 30 tons of debris left behind at City Hall tent city - latimes.com

Old 12-01-2011, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Here's a real problem - liberal wackos that claim to care about the environment then do this. Not to mention the costs of this cleanup. Unbelievable!
Occupy L.A.: 30 tons of debris left behind at City Hall tent city - latimes.com
You're not under the mistaken impression that I am a liberal, are you?

Old 12-01-2011, 02:10 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,562,431 times
Quote:
You're not under the mistaken impression that I am a liberal, are you?
Of course your a liberal, whether you acknowledge that or not. Liberals use gov't to control other people's behavior - that is what you are all about.

Old 12-01-2011, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Of course your a liberal, whether you acknowledge that or not. Liberals use gov't to control other people's behavior - that is what you are all about.
Go read my other posts and then come back and apologize. Calling somebody a liberal is cause to toss down the gauntlet!!!! How would you like it if I called YOU one.

Conservatives respect rights (like the rights of non-smokers NOT to assaulted with tobacco effluent.

Rights are a complicated thing, they often conflict, so when analyzing, you must take a hierarchical sort of approach. Yes, smokers have a right to smoke, but that does NOT extend to or include a right to assault others with the effluent.

Business owners have a right to control their property, but fNOT to the point of waiving others' right not to be assaulted.

Use the old "your right to swing your fist, ends at the other fellow's nose" maxim, and your confusion will quickly dissipate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies