Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2011, 11:11 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,098,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Which of my boys do you want talk like that to? One of them is 30 years old and the most conservative of the two especially about sex and the other is 26. The oldest one is about 195 by 5'7 and the other is 235 by 6'2. The oldest one would be the most likely to hit you for the way you people talk but then his wrists and arms aren't much bigger than twice what a woman like him would have.

They both had a mother that was much like my mother where sex is concerned and that had a little to do with how they feel. When they call someone a f** they mean just that and I don't like it but then we used the word that starts with a q when i was in school.
Sounds like some very disrespectful, emotionally stunted, violent young men. You must be very proud.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2011, 11:14 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,300,979 times
Quote:
Which of my boys do you want talk like that to?
Which one is stupid enough to be confused by a male voice coming out of a person wearing a dress?

Old 06-02-2011, 11:14 PM

1,495 posts, read 2,299,695 times
Quote:
Which of my boys do you want talk like that to? One of them is 30 years old and the most conservative of the two especially about sex and the other is 26. The oldest one is about 195 by 5'7 and the other is 235 by 6'2. The oldest one would be the most likely to hit you for the way you people talk but then his wrists and arms aren't much bigger than twice what a woman like him would have.

They both had a mother that was much like my mother where sex is concerned and that had a little to do with how they feel. When they call someone a f** they mean just that and I don't like it but then we used the word that starts with a q when i was in school.
Safe to say that this comment reveals far more than you intend it to.

Old 06-02-2011, 11:17 PM

527 posts, read 467,592 times
If a teacher could teach kids these days that they are not entitled to succeess, but needed to work hard to achieve what they want-teach them solid backgrounds so they could compete in the world market, get them motivated, teach them to think, then I wouldnt care if that teacher stood in front of the class in nothing but a speedo-

Old 06-02-2011, 11:17 PM

5,821 posts, read 5,302,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
Sounds like your kid must be an idiot if that's confusing
Some people are very brave behind their computer.

If my child had a male teacher dress as a woman, either the teacher would go, or my child would. I like normal, I like status quo.

Old 06-02-2011, 11:19 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,300,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
If my child had a male teacher dress as a woman, either the teacher would go, or my child would. I like normal, I like status quo.
Is it normal to judge a teacher based upon their fashion sense as opposed to their ability to impart knowledge to their students?

Old 06-02-2011, 11:30 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,665,061 times
Quote:
I will cast my vote right now in saying that if this happened to my kid I would be looking for a school where it wasn't allowed. I don't want my boy to have to listen to a man's voice coming out of a person wearing a dress which could prove to be very confusing to a small boy from a straight home.
I'm amazed by the people who say that children will be "confused" by one thing or another. I think children are a lot smarter (and a lot less bigoted) than you make them out to be.

It might be odd to hear a man's voice from a person dressed as a woman, but it's not "confusing" - at least not to anyone with an IQ above 70.

Old 06-02-2011, 11:32 PM

3,681 posts, read 6,273,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
Can't speak for hammertime33, but what's acceptable is anything that doesn't cause physical or emotional injury to the child or anyone else.

I wouldn't tell them anything is normal behavior
So, if the teacher walked into the classroom naked one morning, would you be okay with that?

Old 06-02-2011, 11:35 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,665,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maja View Post
So, if the teacher walked into the classroom naked one morning, would you be okay with that?
Black-and-white thinking, false dilemma, etc.

False dilemma - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 06-02-2011, 11:36 PM

3,681 posts, read 6,273,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Black-and-white thinking, false dilemma, etc.

False dilemma - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
How bout we let filihok answer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies