Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 04:19 PM

3,264 posts, read 5,591,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Yeah if he's that mentally unstable he shouldn't be teaching. I say yes i would mind and I would remove my child from that class.
i'm gonna agree with you. a dress on a man would be distracting to the learning process in the class. all teachers should have the common sense to realize classroom atmosphere is important (and if they don't realize that, then they shouldn't be a teacher, period). a dress on a man does nothing to enhance atmosphere. it takes away from the learning atmosphere unless you are specifically teaching crossdressing 101.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2011, 04:21 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
Nope. It wouldn't worry me unless he was a bad teacher.

I would rather a great male teacher wore women's clothes than a bad one wore a shirt and tie.

In other words you are a marginalist?

A study was done at a university. The first 50 years they had a total of 92 4.0 GPA grads. In the last twenty years they had over 2000. You tell me if it's that the kids are so much smarter or the teachers are so much worse.

I'd rather have good teachers both male and female who concentrate on their ability to teach, not use teaching as an ideoligy platform.

Old 06-02-2011, 04:22 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,304,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
I'd rather have good teachers both male and female who concentrate on their ability to teach, not use teaching as an ideoligy platform.
So teachers should be naked in order to not inadvertently teach any 'ideology'?

14,810 posts, read 16,207,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
No they couldn't. Bullying in schools and zero tolerance..remember ?
I guess it now protects teachers as well as other students.
Good luck trying to stop teenage boys from snickering and calling some a f*g behind his back.

Operative words in my post were "behind his back", even if that means after school and off school grounds.

14,917 posts, read 13,101,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
You can keep spouting nonsense and justifying it with said twisted logic.

Answer the question honestly: Do you have children?
How is my logic twisted?

I have no biological children (I'm a gay man). I do however, raise and have guardianship of my three and a half year old niece (not that having children or not is in anyway relevant to this).

Now please answer these two direct questions I asked of you:

1) Would a women teacher wearing slacks be "indoctrination"?

2)What if you child's teacher is intersex (neither male or female - they're between 1-2% of the population). What gender role should that person be forced to adhere to when teaching your child math?

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
If a high school male teacher comes to school dressed like a woman, he will lose credibility, especially with teen age boys. Behind his back they would snicker and call him a you-know-what.
Then the parents would be fined like Kobe and Jakim Noah.

To answer the OP question - heck yeah I would mind. The majority of authority figures in public schools are already women - and now I am supposed to be unaffected when the few men start behaving like women ?? - pulease.

Old 06-02-2011, 04:23 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,319,202 times
I respect a person's right to dress in whatever way they choose as long as it's within dress code. If the dress code for the public schools permit it, of course they have the right do so. We do not attend public schools, so this is not an issue for us. I highly doubt our private school would allow this.

Old 06-02-2011, 04:25 PM

12,905 posts, read 15,660,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
How is my logic twisted?

I have no biological children (I'm a gay man). I do however, raise and have guardianship of my three and a half year old niece (not that having children or not is in anyway relevant to this).

Now please answer these two direct questions I asked of you:

1) Would a women teacher wearing slacks be "indoctrination"?

2)What if you child's teacher is intersex (neither male or female - they're between 1-2% of the population). What gender role should that person be forced to adhere to when teaching your child math?

My coworker just found out her son is "transgendered" but maybe we're using the wrong term. So what is this intersex because that might actually be him? Outwardly he appears male, yet he has ovaries which work and he is genetically female. Just found this all out and he is 19 years old. He was in turmoil through his entire adolescence and now that they know what's going on, the kid has made a complete turnaround. So, would he be "intersex."

Old 06-02-2011, 04:26 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Honest question..do they use the girls room when they wear a dress and then the boy's room when they wear pants ?
They don't have unisex bathrooms in schools yet and both kids and adults use the same bathrooms.

Old 06-02-2011, 04:30 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,101,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
My coworker just found out her son is "transgendered" but maybe we're using the wrong term. So what is this intersex because that might actually be him? Outwardly he appears male, yet he has ovaries which work and he is genetically female. Just found this all out and he is 19 years old. He was in turmoil through his entire adolescence and now that they know what's going on, the kid has made a complete turnaround. So, would he be "intersex."
Your co-worker's son seems to be what is commonly referred to as an XX Male.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XX_male_syndrome

We like to think that humans only come in two flavors - male and female. That's not true. About 1-2% of the population is neither male or female (they're about as prevalent on Earth as red-headed humans). The medical, or biological term for these people is intersex. They're neither male or female, but some intermediate sex. There are many types of intersex people - XX males, XY females, XXY females, XO female, true hermaphrodites, etc.

Based on what you say, he does seem to be intersex. I think it's an utter outrage our society shames these individuals and basically forces them to adopt the "proper" gender role of either a male or female lest they be ostracized and accused of trying to "indoctrinate" others to accept their "freakishness". He's a perfectly fine and acceptable human being, and it greatly saddens me that he's in turmoil because of who he is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intersex

Last edited by hammertime33; 06-02-2011 at 04:40 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies