Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2011, 04:50 PM

1,027 posts, read 824,843 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Did you think the woman looked old enough to be that young man's mother? I sure didn't and, yes, I agree with you.

It comes out to what your more apt to believe.

1.) A woman staged a publicity stunt

or

2.) TSA agents violently molested an old lady in front of hundreds of bystanders.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2011, 04:52 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
What obligation does she have to cooperate?

I've never heard of a middle-aged woman from anytown USA hijacking a plane.

The whole process of subjecting non-Muslims to all this crap is to not offend Muslims by singling them out.

What a waste of everyone's time and effort just to pretend like we have to search everyone.

What a useless charade!
She didn't look or sound middle aged to me. I might accept she was that guy's sister but I had a problem with the mother part.

Old 06-04-2011, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDirector View Post
Why cant people just follow simple directions?

Do you think the TSA WANTS to touch your sweaty testicles or sagging breasts?

Either go through the Scanners or get groped its very simple.

Dont then WHINE when you get groped after being indignant and refusing an unobtrusive scan.

I really feel sorry for the people that became delayed because of her holding up the line.
I had to rep you for this post. Russian Times was stamped on the video and that tells me that most of what you say is probably right.

Old 06-04-2011, 04:54 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,015,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
I had the luxury of being frisked when going to New Orleans last month. The lady rubbed her hands very roughly over my boobs and then over the rest of my body. I did not scream, I did not ask for a police officer, I just left when she was done. She really did not seem to be enjoying the event any more than I did. Some peope make way too much out of a little light groping. It is offensive, but it is not fatal. I just wished they would use a little more logic when choosing their victims and weed out some of the sex offenders I am sure they employ.
Exactly...women hide things in their bras, undies and orifices; at least we've reached the point where there are female security officers to pat down women. To believe that all Muslims are dark-skinned is uninformed, and watching a single episode of "Cops" will show you what to expect if you face a body search. It isn't pleasant, but drug mules and highjackers
make it necessary when you refuse to spend a minute going through a scanner.

Old 06-04-2011, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Analog Man View Post
Spoken like a true sock puppet. Not everyone desires to be mindless bots who will lie down every time big brother tells them to. It's the reason why our rights are being slowly taken away because of sheep with your mindset. Sometimes it takes a little bit of kicking and screaming so to speak to get a point across as evidenced the second video.
The second one was obviously planned and set up unless you didn't pay any attention to the fact that the man had his camera running when he was approached. People who don't know the law any better than he seemed not to about search and seizure are obviously trying to do something that is wrong.

Old 06-04-2011, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDirector View Post
Whats your problem with the scanners?

Pat downs are only used if you refuse the scan or they find something during the scan.
I wonder why the young man didn't say anything about all that while he was filming. Maybe she wasn't given the choice, but we know she was.

Old 06-04-2011, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightwad View Post
People who lay ALL the blame for the loss of civil liberties on Obama haven't seen the ball since the kick off they are so badly mis-informed. No one person can be blamed for the loss of liberty since all the crap started during , and right after, WWII.

Don't believe me? Then dig out your history books and get to reading.
I was 12 years old when the peace treaties were signed that year of 1945 and i just haven't seen what you say here till very recently. Hell, in 1999 I was taking a carry on bag through the check and the man saw a round object about the size of what we considered bombs back then, kind of like the one that Inspector Clousseau held when it went off. It was my son's shot put but I suggested that it might be a bomb. You weren't supposed to use that word in an airport then but I took a chance. I wouldn't do a thing like that today even though I am some kind of smart aleck.

Old 06-04-2011, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
YOu don't appear to want to comment on the NM border patrol bit.

Here you have a citizen who knows his rights insisting on them. And the LEOs refusing to comply.

And listen to the LEOs lie about what is required...

In the end of course the LEOs are told by their superiors to let him go. Which is what the law requires. They had to have an articuable suspicion to compel him to stay and they obviously did not. Note that this would all have likely played out quite differently if he had not been filming.

It tends to demonstrate the truth of the adage never says anything and never trust a LEO.
I stopped watching that one about 5:30 because it got to be obvious what he was trying to do. Did they make him open his trunk, as they should have? The way he was acting I would have had to suspicion he had something, maybe an illegal or two back there.

The fact that this came from YouTube makes it pretty sure that he planned all that and for what he could get from it, also.

Old 06-04-2011, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
The 4th Amendment

The Right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects against unreasonable searches and seizures shall not be violated. And no warrants shall issue but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched and the persons or things to be seized.

Now, you could argue that grabbing a person's genitals is not violating the security of their person, nor constitute an unreasonable search ... but then you'd be both ignorant of the law and full of crap at the same time.

Is that your stance?

No .. you are missing the point. We are not cattle ... and we are not someone's property to be handled and abused in whatever manner these thugs decide is appropriate.

And if groping someone's genitals doesn't constitute "unreasonable", perhaps you could define for us what you consider "unreasonable" might be?

Now, if there is "probable cause" ... and a warrant supported by oath or affirmation is issued to conduct such a search, naming what they are searching for, then it would be in compliance with the law.
How have the courts always ruled about cases involving movable scene of crime? You know like that man having something in his trunk or that woman hiding something in her underwear. That one has been tried before hasn't it?

Old 06-04-2011, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Anyone shocked by pat down searches this late in the game needs to get a grip.

Anyone who thinks this is some sort of harbinger of a coming police state, should undergo therapy.

If you don't like it, you can let the market work, take the bus, AMTRAC or just get in your car and drive.
You just forced me to rep you again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies