U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 06-04-2011, 12:17 AM
Status: "On Break" (set 7 days ago)
 
Location: Foot of the Rockies
81,413 posts, read 91,857,189 times
Reputation: 28071

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
The point being, she was right and the Left was wrong as usual.

Massachusetts Historical Society: Online Collections

Governor Palin Gives the Media a History Lesson on Paul Revere’s Midnight Ride | Conservatives4Palin

I guess her One Nation bus tour, to remind people of the founding of this country, couldn't have come at a better time...for the Left.

Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion: So Now All These People Will Apologize to Sarah Palin About Paul Revere, Right?
Please see post #100 for a quote from your first link. Palin and her minions are wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-04-2011, 07:55 AM
 
Location: Upstate SC
852 posts, read 2,122,396 times
Reputation: 794
I wonder if while in Boston she visited Cheers, the site of that long running documentary show she watched for many years about those socialist alcoholic Ted Kennedy lovin liberals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-04-2011, 08:17 AM
 
Location: Gone
23,975 posts, read 11,521,714 times
Reputation: 5471
Quote:
Originally Posted by jy_2007 View Post
Really???
You're REALLY going to defend her on this?
Sad ain't it, I mean REALLY, the women is nothing more than a right-wing celeb that is making Millions off the sheeple that gave up rational thought long ago.
Thankfully the Vast Majority of Americans Know she is a loon and not worth any real consideration for any political position in our government, especially not President.
Casper
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-04-2011, 08:23 AM
 
Location: Columbia, SC
10,874 posts, read 7,603,900 times
Reputation: 4201
Quote:
Originally Posted by jy_2007 View Post
She is seriously the gift that keeps on giving.

just, wow...


YouTube - ‪Sarah Palin: Paul Revere Warned The British‬‏

please run, Sarah. PLEASE!
Palin is Tina Fey's retirement plan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-04-2011, 09:06 AM
 
6,745 posts, read 7,670,557 times
Reputation: 1844
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
I am no Palin fan but the left really ought to be careful here. What she said was incredibly innocuous. It didn't rise to the level of 57 states of clean articulate Negro. You guys really risk making her a sympathetic character.
Every person on Earth has had a slip of the tongue. But the rambling incoherence that comes from Palin's mouth is amazing. That woman couldn't even name a magazine or news paper for God's sake.
COURIC: And when it comes to establishing your world view, I was curious, what newspapers and magazines did you regularly read before you were tapped for this — to stay informed and to understand the world?
PALIN: I’ve read most of them again with a great appreciation for the press, for the media —
COURIC: But what ones specifically? I’m curious.
PALIN: Um, all of them, any of them that have been in front of me over all these years.
COURIC: Can you name any of them?
PALIN: I have a vast variety of sources where we get our news.
A sympathetic character? Nice try, but she brings it on herself. Palin is a much needed break from the serious stuff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-04-2011, 09:18 AM
 
1,595 posts, read 2,112,379 times
Reputation: 839
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Maybe it wasn't a horse he rode after all...maybe it was a reindeer as that would explain the bells. Sorry cannot explain the warning shots.

Revere did not shout the phrase later attributed to him ("The British are coming!"), largely because the mission depended on secrecy and the countryside was filled with British army patrols; also, most colonial residents at the time considered themselves British as they were all legally British subjects. Revere's warning, according to eyewitness accounts of the ride and Revere's own descriptions, was "The Regulars are coming out.

Yes Palin, gunshots would have been very secretive.

Back when I was in School I was taught he said "the British are coming, the British are coming. Maybe Palin was taught that too. It may just depend on what School and when we were taught. Considering she used elected into office I would think she would have a better answer than the nonesense she gave. She looked a little stunned at the question and didn't seem to see it coming or prepared to answer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-04-2011, 09:26 AM
 
1,595 posts, read 2,112,379 times
Reputation: 839
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
Every person on Earth has had a slip of the tongue. But the rambling incoherence that comes from Palin's mouth is amazing. That woman couldn't even name a magazine or news paper for God's sake.
COURIC: And when it comes to establishing your world view, I was curious, what newspapers and magazines did you regularly read before you were tapped for this — to stay informed and to understand the world?
PALIN: I’ve read most of them again with a great appreciation for the press, for the media —
COURIC: But what ones specifically? I’m curious.
PALIN: Um, all of them, any of them that have been in front of me over all these years.
COURIC: Can you name any of them?
PALIN: I have a vast variety of sources where we get our news.
A sympathetic character? Nice try, but she brings it on herself. Palin is a much needed break from the serious stuff.

IMO she is simply avoiding answering. She doesn't want to publicly announce any one newspaper or magazine she reads if she even does read any. It's just obovious to me that she is avoiding answering. It doesn't mean she never reads any newspaper or magazines ....she just doesn't want to answer....what's the big deal?

Sometimes she's dumb like a fox considering all the money she's making and how people just flock to her video statements.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-04-2011, 09:30 AM
 
20,979 posts, read 14,366,166 times
Reputation: 10270
Quote:
Originally Posted by jy_2007 View Post
She is seriously the gift that keeps on giving.

just, wow...


YouTube - ‪Sarah Palin: Paul Revere Warned The British‬‏

please run, Sarah. PLEASE!
You have serious comprehension problems.

I would put Sarah's principles and ideology against obama's any day of the week.

Be careful what you wish for!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-04-2011, 09:31 AM
 
Location: Tampa Florida
22,244 posts, read 13,573,886 times
Reputation: 4574
Quote:
Originally Posted by cantthinkofaname View Post
IMO she is simply avoiding answering. She doesn't want to publicly announce any one newspaper or magazine she reads if she even does read any. It's just obovious to me that she is avoiding answering. It doesn't mean she never reads any newspaper or magazines ....she just doesn't want to answer....what's the big deal?

Sometimes she's dumb like a fox considering all the money she's making and how people just flock to her video statements.
Dumb like a fox says more about those she is getting her money from, than her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-04-2011, 09:51 AM
 
Location: Texas State Fair
8,567 posts, read 8,729,686 times
Reputation: 4207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
I guess the phrase, "The British are coming! The British are coming!" was lost on her. Just amazing how shallow that woman's education really is.


"Listen, my children, and you shall hear
Of the midnight ride of Paul Revere,
On the eighteenth of April, in Seventy-Five;
Hardly a man is now alive
Who remembers that famous day and year.............."
Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion: So Now All These People Will Apologize to Sarah Palin About Paul Revere, Right?
Quote:
I told him; and aded, that their troops had catched aground in passing the River, and that There would be five hundred Americans there in a short time, for I had alarmed the Country all the way up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlohaHuey View Post
She's a ****ing moron, and if you think she's remotely qualified to be President, you're a ****ing moron too and you should have your voting rights permanently revoked.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top