Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2011, 02:09 PM

2,735 posts, read 2,454,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Not all throughout Europe, so do you want to clarify this?
You said Europeans need a passport everytime they cross a border which is wrong. But that is off-topic. Maybe you can adress the issue in the other thread?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2011, 02:10 PM

1,943 posts, read 3,320,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomba View Post
The idiots on the left are out in full glory here.

And you can't stand it!!!

Old 06-08-2011, 02:11 PM

13,676 posts, read 8,940,773 times
The reason Paul Revere went so fast:

Old 06-08-2011, 02:12 PM

Quote:
You tell me since you won't admit it.

Two questions for you:

1. Did Paul Revere warn the British?

Answer: YES

2. Did Paul Revere's actions cause bells to be rung or weapons to be fired off?

This is not what Palin said. Palin said he was ringing bells and firing warning shots which he did not.

Old 06-08-2011, 02:15 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,724,419 times
Quote:
You tell me since you won't admit it.

Two questions for you:

1. Did Paul Revere warn the British?

2. Did Paul Revere's actions cause bells to be rung or weapons to be fired off?

That's not exactly how Palin put it. Let me refresh your memory. She said:

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't going to be taking away our arms uh by ringing those bells and making sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be secure and we were going to be free and we were going to be armed."

Old 06-08-2011, 02:16 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,257,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
That's not exactly how Palin put it. Let me refresh your memory. She said:

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't going to be taking away our arms uh by ringing those bells and making sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be secure and we were going to be free and we were going to be armed."
She spun it to a gun rights issue to get votes.

Don't you get it?

She's the modern day Paula Revere.

You just need to learn to connect . . . . . dots.

Old 06-08-2011, 02:17 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,823,420 times
Quote:
It strikes me as terribly amusing that Palin's fans keep posting the professor's quote, rather than Palin's comments. Let's post her comments.

He who warned, uh, the colonists that the British army was mobilizing, not by ringing those bells and sending warning shots and bells, provided an invaluable service to America. His daring ride through the night, swift and quiet, helped the revolutionaries prepare for the advancing British army and ensured that several revolutionary leaders didn't fall into the hands of our enemies. The only mar on his courageous ride was that he was at the end of it captured by the British. But he was steadfast and patriotic to the end, telling the British that he had, indeed, robbed them of the element of surprise.
From the article I posted.
Quote:
‘Look, there is a mobilization going on that you’ll be confronting,’ and the British are aware as they’re marching down the countryside, they hear church bells ringingshe was right about that and warning shots being fired. That’s accurate.”

McConville said he also is not convinced that Palin’s remarks reflect scholarship.

“I would call her lucky in her comments,” McConville said.
She was just lucky she knew what she was talking about? LOL!

Old 06-08-2011, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
From the article I posted.

She was just lucky she knew what she was talking about? LOL!
You are wrong. Palin said Paul Revere was riding his horse and ringing those bells. He did not do that.

Old 06-08-2011, 02:30 PM

2,390 posts, read 2,988,766 times
Quote:
Wrong. Wrong. Wrong.

And with July 4th just around the corner, I am ashamed that so many Americans are so willing to corrupt their history.

Here is a link to a PBS program that clearly indicates that threats and attempts to disarm the colonists by the British was one of a series of events leading to the beginning of the Revolution. Note that I specifically sought out a suitable liberal source for you.

If you read anything about the background and history of the Second Amendment you will find well researched literature that tells the same story.

Old 06-08-2011, 02:40 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,724,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnynrat View Post
Here is a link to a PBS program that clearly indicates that threats and attempts to disarm the colonists by the British was one of a series of events leading to the beginning of the Revolution. Note that I specifically sought out a suitable liberal source for you.

If you read anything about the background and history of the Second Amendment you will find well researched literature that tells the same story.
It's not news to me nor should it be to anyone that the British army was seizing ammunition that could potentially be used against them. That's warcraft 101. They weren't going house to house asking for colonists to turn over their weapons. Because the colonists lived in the colonies, where potential threats were all around. They weren't disarming the colonists, they were removing ammunition stockpiles that they feared would be used against British soldiers.

Snarky comments aside, unlike Palin, I actually DO know my history.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies