Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 11:03 PM

1,027 posts, read 824,687 times

Advertisements

Nobody is "re-investigating" anything.

West Point says its his fault.

HPD says its his fault and the police have been cleared.

Labelle and her party says its his fault.

Really the only person pushing this is the guy's lawyer.

Not to mention he says he didn't remember ANYTHING about the event UNTIL he saw the video. Hed get torn apart in court lose all his money while Labelle uses her pocket change for defense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2011, 11:16 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,458,172 times
Quote:
HOUSTON - The Houston Police Department is reopening an investigation into an incident that took place in March at Bush Intercontinental Airport. Houstonian Richard King is suing singer Patti LaBelle after a surveillance tape shows her bodyguards beating him up.
Patti LaBelle Lawsuit Plaintiff Speaks (http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/entertainment/music/110607-patti-labelle-airport-lawsuit - broken link)

Put your alcohol down.

Old 06-07-2011, 11:22 PM

1,027 posts, read 824,687 times
Tell me when they "find" something

Stop drinking the Kool-Aid

Old 08-10-2011, 07:38 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,780,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
I'm not sure how anyone could, without a doubt, say the man was drunk with incremental surveillance video.
Aside from the precise moments I've already pointed out, chalk line overlays of his video path could be made. The plumb line of his body vacillating wildly can be reduced to a single line in each frame, measure the exact degrees of 'off kilter' he is, then compared to the plumb lines of all others & that concrete pillar in the film as scientific method controls. Comparing his gait to the gait of all those other airport pedestrians is plenty enough to satisfy the concerns you're raising. Those Nancy Drew books finally paid off.

There are people in this thread who decided to ignore evidence before them no matter how detailed the evidence. If you put 2+2=4 on their desk they'll argue it's false, force round pegs in square holes to satisfy their personal agendas. They're against truth and justice, you are among them, and you don't want to look at yourself & own it.

It's not as if this video tape is the OJ trial where lawyers and judges deliberately expunged evidence forcing the jury into an inevitable decision. Crying out loud, I'd swear Fuhrman were on OJ's payroll fixing the fight, and smelling like a rose to conservative minds claiming white male persecution just like Ollie North 'zealously' stealing tires for the greater good of America. Crock of dung is crock of dung. Both disgraced their uniforms for cheap applause, and it's the honest guys in service, the dignity of the uniform itself, stuck holding the bag of animosity/ distrust from general public. I truly loathe and despise that on behalf of what is worthy of defense. So says an <alleged> 'man bashing' feminist. BS accusations prove themselves out to be just another horse thief justifying horse theft and ducking out of responsibility 'in the name of manhood'.

This sums it up perfectly, doesn't it Jon?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by txlady1049 View Post
....And I fail to see
Yes, you absolutely do. It's willful ignorance leaning on national enquirer blurbs as historical record denying the validity of all else. Every question you posed has already been answered and your post is announcing you're too lazy to read the thread. Every question posed came from a one time poster posing as a lady from texas for whatever tacky agenda you came to satisfy in this blog.

Instead of playing people, you could have stated your point straightforwardly and we might begin to arrive at useful remedies. That's not your objective, though. Your objective demonstrated in your single post is about maintaining ignorance, injustice & strife, exasperate the good nature of people, all to satisfy a world view incompatible with truth, justice, and America itself.

Quote:
No it hasn't.
You're right, it hasn't. If justice were served swiftly & accurately, the hounds would be released. The jury of his classmates would be the ones kicking his arse in open forums to shame him out of service permanently or force him to earn his right to be in West Point all over again. He should have been grateful for the gentleman's discretion they offered him to straighten up and fly right. He blew it and more hair of the dog is only digging a deeper hole of dishonor ignoring his article 31 rights. If it were my command I'd dishonorably discharge him the moment he filed suit leaving him little more than some college credits to show for his time. He's incompetent to lead when he cannot manage self discipline. He's qualified for future tail hook scandals. If that tape alone contained all the pertinent facts, in defense of beloved corps, consistent with UCMJ, off with his head.

Heartless? I can live with that accusation. I'll accept it gladly, cast iron biotch- whatever you want to call me. It would be far more heartless to every noble officer and every noble enlisted under his charge at the mercy of a juvenile delinquent in their chain of command.

Quote:
Those, um, bodyguards also claimed King tried to get into the limo.
Obviously they had to subjectively guess what he was doing (considering this guy has no idea what he was doing by his own admission) but his body language is consistent with their reported impression.

Quote:
They claimed basically that King started it even though it's obvious his body is turned away from the bodyguard who attacked him.
It's obvious to me any agitated male lunging at something off camera corner right has just made himself a threat to my person if I were the one standing in that space corner right. A scalp full of porcupine quills is also an education if you want to pontificate with it about your 'rights'.

Quote:
HE DIDN"T GET CHARGED WITH ANYTHING
He should have been on the grounds of drunk and disorderly, but that's Houston's bad. Protecting good old boys as per stereotypical reputation? Looks that way to me. Texas women are spineless if 'common sense' laws of the Silsbee TX jungle are any indication. Quite a few sad themes going on down there. "Rights" in Texas appear to mean the right to use all other human beings as target practice/ prey. Gee I wonder where 'the black community' got such demented cultural habits from? If y'all (all of you, black white male female green or gay) don't care for the accusation of stereotypes, refrain from regularly evidencing them. Martyr cards don't cut mustard with me. You've grossly overestimated your head twisting skills if you think you can outdo my Catholic upbringing. I don't accept their malarkey either.

So to recap, your world view consistently evidenced in 18 pages of posting-- you're in defense of egregious male behavior and public drunkenness entitling itself to harass others minding their business. When there are consequences for abusive/ aggressive behavior, the law exists for a drunk to hide behind his mamma's skirt? I don't think so, pal! MAN UP and wipe your own butt, King. You too Rodney King! They're both what active duty service members would call "PAMF's". Civilians- you'll have to use your imaginations on that acronym.

Old 08-10-2011, 09:49 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,780,145 times
Quote:
Patti LaBelle Lawsuit Plaintiff Speaks (http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/entertainment/music/110607-patti-labelle-airport-lawsuit - broken link)

Put your alcohol down.
Put your own down.
As per your link, bastion of jaundice that they are:
Quote:
Surveillance video shows 23-year old King waiting at the airport for his brother.

Patti LaBelle exits the terminal with her bodyguards and luggage in tow ... and heads towards her limousine. Seconds later, her bodyguards attack King. There are multiple punches and they throw him against a stone pillar where he falls to the ground.

The video show HPD come over as King tries to stand up.

Then, King on a stretcher, where he was taken to the hospital with head lacerations and a concussion.

And finally, LaBelle gets out of the limousine to smile and take pictures with an HPD officer and fans with a pool of King's blood at her feet.
1. Video shows him staggering across the full length of the concourse, passing by, then pacing back and forth, then lunging in the direction of the limo. He was in no way passive, but FOX actively sells another story to fan flames.

2. All of a sudden, for no reason at all, Patty's guards 'attack' just to beat a random white boy minding his own business down?

3. Thrown as in lift him off his feet and midget toss him???

4. Finally, LaBelle gets out of the limousine (with a huge time lapse missing) and she stands in a pool of CLEANING SOLUTION and asphalt patch(?) at her feet. That 'blood' wasn't there immediately after the altercation, and asphalt patch/ oil stain(?) was there prior to altercation. It's a black and white video tape and the cleaning lady was seen going to town just prior to the photo opportunity the cops indulged. If you line up where the photo was taken (near the curb) and the concrete pillar where his head landed, they're roughly 10+ft from one another.

6. If that were actually blood on the ground the people walking through it dragging luggage would have created a trail of blood across the concourse. Not one individual attempted to side step it as if it were a liquid mess. Blood is not what is evidenced in the tape. The stain, whatever it may be comprised of, remains fixed.

Ready to pay attention yet, or still want to carry on arguing with porcupines?

AND... you aren't the only one. Shame on this young man, rebel without a clue in the EXACT same habit of abusing the law making crap up:

PATTI, HAVE YOU LOST YO' DAMN MIND - YouTube
Patti & limo window is not visible on that tape. Nor does this tape have any audio associated with it. Based on national enquirer fantasies of diva fits that's good enough to superimpose on the reality that occurred in this tape.

And here's yet another who made 10 minutes of effort and caught onto some of the key observations I noted but went on to embellish with "profuse bleeding" & presumption based on national enquirer reporting that celebrities spend their every waking moment looking to beat peasants down for Vlad the Impaler thrills.

Forensic Examination: Patti LaBelle Securty Assault West Point Cadet RAW VIDEO (ZOOMED) - YouTube
Fact is every ubber wealth or celebrity that's crossed my path has no time or inclination to do any such thing. Fact is it's those who envy celebrity/ fame/ wealth having no understanding how it was earned or the personal sacrifices that came with it trying to grab a piece of them and ragging on them 24/7 as if they weren't actual human beings anymore. This is likely why they've ever given me the time of day. I see them as human beings. Most do not. Those that would abuse their authority, no matter who they are or high/low up the food chain, get no credence from me.

These are the same bloodthirsty weasels who want a picture of Elvis in his casket or go on rubbing salt in wounds about how Michael Landon's got 4 weeks to live in front of his kids. The sleaze is in every one of you who participate making merry of the misfortune of others (no matter who they are). Even this man's crude attempt to judge fairly betrays his own lack of discipline witnessing the video impartially. Note he ignored the lunge this kid made. Note he pointed at Patty's female assistant beside the SUV as 'the commander who said attack'. Patty's limo was off screen bottom right and he's clueless despite having benefit of replaying the footage to observe as many times as he liked to be certain. Live witnesses get no such benefit. He made crap up and didn't admit he was speculating. There is no difference between fiction and non fiction, fact and speculation, to him. If you can fake an air of authority you get to feel tall on youtube, who cares about truth or justice.

And if any of you think it's not important to be as objective & truthful as possible, you'll think better of that when it's your own life on trial. This megalomaniac trip people are on needs a sound kick in the arse.

Old 08-19-2011, 09:57 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,542,421 times
the cadet has been reinstated.

Cadet in LaBelle airport incident returning to West Point | Houston & Texas News | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

Old 08-19-2011, 10:55 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,458,172 times
Quote:
King's attorney, John Raley, said Houston police recently apprised academy officials that the 23-year-old cadet had not been implicated in wrongdoing in the March 11 incident at George Bush Intercontinental Airport.

Two LaBelle employees, Efrem Holmes, 43, and Norma Harris, 63, have been charged with assault in connection with the airport incident.

Two police officers - who later were reassigned - are seen on the tape posing for photographs with the singer after the incident.

Cadet in LaBelle airport incident returning to West Point | Houston & Texas News | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

Exactly.

Old 08-19-2011, 12:08 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,879,293 times
I hope the cadet sues that pig and her goons for every penny they have, or will ever have.
The director and the wayword lady have just been O W N E D... big time. Perhaps now they will keep their flappy lips closed with their prejuiced little minds. Hero worship of a long forgotton singer will get you nowhere...!
This is truely a great ending to the story.. Good guy wins, CD whacko's lose...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies