Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2011, 12:58 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,856,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
I guess it's un-American to kill terrorists, now.
It was before but now the left rallies behind their war monger in chief. Double speak anyone?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2011, 01:16 PM

838 posts, read 980,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
It was before but now the left rallies behind their war monger in chief. Double speak anyone?
The wars we're in are actually quite unpopular within the Democratic Party. Left-wingers rally behind him in spite of, not because, of these wars.

That being said, it's surprising to see more Republicans turn against wars that they had supported, possibly (though, I admit, not necessarily) because they are now President Obama's wars.

I myself am a liberal who always supported the War in Afghanistan, though not Iraq. I also support our current efforts in Libya. I believe that if we just withdraw from Afghanistan we will empower the Taliban to retake that 'country' and will give yet another home for Al-Qaeda to more safely plan attacks against us and other countries. Beyond that, the liberal in me hates the idea of the Taliban, and any similar entity, controlling any area of the world as they are unbelievably oppressive. Things are already bad for the citizens of Afghanistan, they'd be a lot worse under Taliban control. I believe it would be immoral to allow the Taliban to regain power from us. I do, however, also believe that we are being immoral in providing so little foreign, non-military aid to this country.

Old 06-04-2011, 01:17 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,497,625 times
Quote:
I never heard anybody on the left saying killing terrorist in battle was wrong. Clinton did it and now Obama's doing it. It just happens that Democrats do it better. Capturing and torturing goat herders is wrong.

Old 06-04-2011, 01:19 PM

30,023 posts, read 18,596,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
The operational head and main military mind behind Al Qaeda was killed last night in a unilateral drone strike in Pakistan.
I guess Obama doesn't care about sovereignty or our allies. This man is an out of control dictator who doesn't think laws apply to him.

Official Says Top Al Qaeda Operative Killed in Pakistan - FoxNews.com

Top jihadist leader killed, followers say - CNN.com

Obama's actions with drones is about his only policy that I agree with. If someone is harboring terrorists, their boundries are inconsequential.

Old 06-04-2011, 01:39 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,174,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Obama's actions with drones is about his only policy that I agree with. If someone is harboring terrorists, their boundries are inconsequential.
This is about the only thing I agree with you on!

Old 06-04-2011, 01:50 PM

31,387 posts, read 36,975,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Why are the righties condemning Obama for doing the things Bushy couldn't do?
Perhaps for that very reason.

Old 06-04-2011, 01:51 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,080,845 times
Quote:
War monger? Which war did Obama start? He's attempting to finish what Bush, Inc. started and never finished. We never should have invaded Iraq and if the Bush Mob Famity got the job done in the right place and at the right time, we would not be this badly in debt as a country and would not have sacrificed the lives and limbs of innocent people and our soldiers.

Old 06-04-2011, 01:55 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,174,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Perhaps for that very reason.
Yeppers! I can hear Hannity now....but for Bush policies BLAH BLAH BLAH

Old 06-04-2011, 02:06 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,648,910 times
So the Right wants to protect Al Quieda, anything to make America fail

Old 06-04-2011, 02:11 PM

645 posts, read 1,962,188 times
I think the op is being sarcastic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies