Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2011, 09:21 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times

Advertisements

No, they don't need to retract. Just give credit to Reagan for the dissolution of the U.S.S.R., everyone will rejoice and hold hands together.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

30,065 posts, read 18,663,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roofis View Post
I find it hard to believe that people are that naive and dumb. I think it's just a case of sour grapes and deep in their hearts they know Obama made a tough decision that could have hurt his Presidency had it backfired!

No- I think that the military took out Bin Laden. Barry did not have a hand on the trigger, otherwise I would be congratulating him.

1,027 posts, read 824,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
Didn't the Navy Seals take down Obama?

LMFAO...Muscle Reflex huh?

Old 06-04-2011, 09:27 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,870,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
It's pathetic that this is all you can think about regarding Bin Laden's capture.
Bin Laden happened to have been killed on Obama's watch, good for Obama.

I'm sure if Bin Laden was found on Bush's watch he would have been captured and/or killed also.

The only difference would have been that Bush WOULDN"T have kissed Muslim a** and we would have actually seen the photographic evidence.

Instead we got the lame/weak/PC excuse of Obama giving Bin Laden UNDESERVED respect in death that the 911 victims and their families didn't .

So there goes the lame premise of this thread.

Old 06-04-2011, 10:30 PM

4,301 posts, read 7,033,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roofis View Post
I find it hard to believe that people are that naive and dumb. I think it's just a case of sour grapes and deep in their hearts they know Obama made a tough decision that could have hurt his Presidency had it backfired!
Missions fail all the time to catch or kill their targets. If it had failed, nobody would have cared, and most likely, never would have heard about it in the first place considering the secrecy surrounding most of these missions.

Old 06-04-2011, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie117 View Post
Missions fail all the time to catch or kill their targets. If it had failed, nobody would have cared, and most likely, never would have heard about it in the first place considering the secrecy surrounding most of these missions.
Just like nobody cared or blamed Jimmy Carter for the failure of operation eagle claw

Considering conservatives criticize the guy for playing golf on a Sunday..your right I doubt he would be blamed if Osama wasn't there, we lost top secret stealth technology and enraged an "ally" on the war on terror all for a failed attempt at Osama.

Old 06-04-2011, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDirector View Post
Just like nobody cared or blamed Jimmy Carter for the failure of operation eagle claw.
Carter made the choice to go public with the failure, and only because if he didn't, the Iranians would have come forward with their own imagined version of events. The fact is, countless missions have failed since the war began, even raids into Pakistan to capture other senior terrorist/insurgent leaders. Nobody really cares, and most of the failures usually fall quickly into obscurity.

Quote:
Considering conservatives criticize the guy for playing golf on a Sunday..your right I doubt he would be blamed if Osama wasn't there, we lost top secret stealth technology and enraged an "ally" on the war on terror all for a failed attempt at Osama.
If Osama wasn't actually there, there would be no "enraged" ally. This is not the first mission launched into Pakistan without the government knowing the finer details. The point is, if the mission failed, it would go right up there with all the others that turned up nothing - nobody would care. We've hit plenty of his other former residences over the past decade.

Old 06-04-2011, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie117 View Post
Carter made the choice to go public with the failure, and only because if he didn't, the Iranians would have come forward with their own imagined version of events. The fact is, countless missions have failed since the war began, even raids into Pakistan to capture other senior terrorist/insurgent leaders. Nobody really cares, and most of the failures usually fall quickly into obscurity.

If Osama wasn't actually there, there would be no "enraged" ally. This is not the first mission launched into Pakistan without the government knowing the finer details. The point is, if the mission failed, it would go right up there with all the others that turned up nothing - nobody would care. We've hit plenty of his other former residences over the past decade.

So a big ass chunk of stealth helicopter and the residents of the raided house wouldn't eventually get to SOMEONE in the Pakistani government?

Not to mention the DOZENS of people that would love to leak a story like that to the press if Obama tried to cover it up.

Old 06-04-2011, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDirector View Post
So a big ass chunk of stealth helicopter and the residents of the raided house wouldn't eventually get to SOMEONE in the Pakistani government?

Not to mention the DOZENS of people that would love to leak a story like that to the press if Obama tried to cover it up.
OK, so why have they not complained about other US incursions into Pakistani territory? You seem to think US troops have not been anywhere near the region for a decade. And I imagine a chunk of secret helicopter remains would pique interest among aviation enthusiasts, but once again, the mission would go right up there with other failed captures of important leaders. Nobody would care.

Old 06-05-2011, 12:32 AM

4,882 posts, read 5,014,802 times
I try to be as middle ground as I can be. Yes, it happened on President Obamas watch. Yes, he made "the call". Yes, he deserves credit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies