Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2011, 11:10 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,772,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zz4guy View Post
Exactly. Presidents and leaders are elected because they espouse and act on the philosophies that their voters want. We supposedly elected President Genius in 2008 and he has royally F-ed most of it up. GWB had a BA and an MBA and look where that got us.
Ok, so in light of our last 2 bad presidents, why do you want a president who will far exceed their combined stupidity and lack of experience/ability to take criticism?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2011, 11:16 PM

1,337 posts, read 1,947,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Ok, so in light of our last 2 bad presidents, why do you want a president who will far exceed their combined stupidity and lack of experience/ability to take criticism?
You have to admit Sarah Palin would be pretty dam amusing as long as you can keep her away from the nuke codes!

Old 06-05-2011, 11:23 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,289,340 times
She's not fit to be dog catcher, ok maybe she is.

Old 06-06-2011, 05:16 AM

2,713 posts, read 3,023,523 times
Quote:
As I watch Sarah Palin campaign the last week she seems like a charismatic leader and fails to make many of the gafs that she is supposedly known for.,

What are the rational explanations as to why Sarah Palin is not fit to lead our country? Please respond with more substance than "she is an idiot", or that she did not know some obscure historical fact.
She's a idiot.... sorry..
Leaving a State for a TV show should be enough reason...

She doesn't just make "gafs" she makes horribly bad and stupid "gafs".
She's done horribly stupid things.
She not as intelligent as people seem to want to believe....

If the Tea Party wants her to run, then let her run, I have yet to meet a non-tea party conservative that supports her.

Old 06-06-2011, 05:21 AM

If you just want a female conservative president, republican voters have many better choices like
Michele Bachman, or Nikki Haley.. oh wait nevermind....

Old 06-06-2011, 05:25 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,778,277 times
I asked my SIL, an Alaskan resident, about SP and she said that Ms. Palin is just too lazy and distractible to do the work and stay around. That was why SP abandoned being the Gov. of Alaska.

The primary requirement of being POTUS is perseverance and endurance. Ever note how much the job ages people?

Addendum: IMHO Ms. Palin is also an attention addict. It is apparent that she experiences an enormous rush in from of crowds and cameras. That is a very dangerous addiction and nearly impossible to break. I think being ignored in Wasilla, Alaska is this woman's greatest fear. Being poor is her second.

Last edited by GregW; 06-06-2011 at 05:36 AM..

Old 06-06-2011, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I asked my SIL, an Alaskan resident, about SP and she said that Ms. Palin is just too lazy and distractable to do the work and stay around . That was why SP abandoned being the Gov. of Alaska.

The primary requirement of being POTUS is perserverance and endurance. Ever note how much the job ages people?
Oh GOD can you imagine a aging Sarah Palin in the White House...OMG..
People were worried about McCain....

Old 06-06-2011, 05:29 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,661,715 times
IMHO, Sarah has a HUGE chip on her shoulder. She seems to be constantly trying to prove that she was worthy of the VP selection she was given a few years back.. I thinik Sarah's biggest problem is that she picks fights. She has her beliefs and she tends to constanatly pick at folks from the other side and rile them and their base up. I am sure she has her motives but I don't think that wins her any support from the middle or Independants.

Most politicans will at least provide a glimpse into their platform and their records before attacking the other side but Sarah doesn't have much of a record and her platform is rather rigid. I agree with some but not all, the problem is that you get the feeling that with Sarah, your either all in or she will bust you in the chops.

I certainly do not think she is stupid or an idiot at least no more than half the folks in Washington today.

Old 06-06-2011, 05:34 AM

6,734 posts, read 9,340,799 times
Quote:
As I watch Sarah Palin campaign the last week she seems like a charismatic leader and fails to make many of the gafs that she is supposedly known for.,

What are the rational explanations as to why Sarah Palin is not fit to lead our country? Please respond with more substance than "she is an idiot", or that she did not know some obscure historical fact.
Supposedly?

Old 06-06-2011, 06:52 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,646,362 times
Every time she makes a stupid mistake everyone who likes her rushes to her defense and claims she was 'speaking metaphorically'.

That type of 'speaking' would be a disaster. Can you imagine her treating with Putin and saying something like "you will be hunted down and shot like I shot that poor deer" and then claiming that it was a metaphor for something that is only going on in her own head and has nothing to do with reality?

The truth is, she is stupid.

Maybe I'll start compiling a list of her metaphors; that is if someone who claims they are metaphors would explain to me what they are!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies