Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Rep. Anthony Weiner resign from Congress?
yes 113 71.97%
no 38 24.20%
other 3 1.91%
not sure 3 1.91%
Voters: 157. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 04:54 PM

37,963 posts, read 22,147,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
1. The title of this thread is misleading - essentially, a lie.

2. My reaction after reading the leading post: Grow up.
I thought it was quite clear, 0bama said he would resign over something as trivial as photos of him in his boxers, but he is running for reelection even though his failed policies have caused the nation about $4 trillion in debt, and started a useless and foolish war with Libya.

Which do you see is the bigger failure? I thought the left could care less about issues of morality or the sexual peccadilloes of politicians. that is of course if you can take of your politically partisan glasses for a bit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2011, 04:58 PM

12,905 posts, read 15,658,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I thought it was quite clear, 0bama said he would resign over something as trivial as photos of him in his boxers, but he is running for reelection even though his failed policies have caused the nation about $4 trillion in debt, and started a useless and foolish war with Libya.

What do you see is the bigger failure? I thought the left could care less about issues of morality or the sexual peccadilloes of politicians. that is of course if you can take of your politically partisan glasses for a bit.

Most politicians fail at oh so many things and continue on. Look at Bush.

I know you're just looking for a bash party and you seemed to have found one with yourself but your correlations here are kind of weak. But party on dude...

Old 06-14-2011, 05:03 PM

2 posts, read 3,686 times
O'Bama can't resign he forgot which ID he used when he registered to run for election.

Old 06-14-2011, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
Most politicians fail at oh so many things and continue on. Look at Bush.

I know you're just looking for a bash party and you seemed to have found one with yourself but your correlations here are kind of weak. But party on dude...
Weak?

It was 0bama who said tweeting photos was so egregious an act, that he would resign. As far as reasons to resign go, I think wrecking the economy with failed policies trumps a couple of silly photos that were sent to an adult woman.

Old 06-14-2011, 05:09 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,337,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maja View Post
Be nice to see them both resign!
I felt the same way during 8 years of Bush/Cheney....

Old 06-14-2011, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Weak?

It was 0bama who said tweeting photos was so egregious an act, that he would resign. As far as reasons to resign go, I think wrecking the economy with failed policies trumps a couple of silly photos that were sent to an adult woman.

Still very silly. If we are to make your case, just about every President should resign. I'm sure you don't see it that way though, do you? By the way, the economy was wrecked long ago.

Old 06-14-2011, 05:16 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,193,381 times
Maybe Breitbart can sneak into the White House, slither under the bathroom door and snap
a photo of Obama's penis and then post it on twit box....

Old 06-14-2011, 05:18 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times
I'm thinking every POTUS, hell every politician..every person, has failed plans and policies. Only idiots take those kinds of pics and send them over the internet or phones. Seriously...does ANYONE still this they will forever remain private? If so, resign from everything now because once you have shown yourself to be an idiot you loose..

Old 06-14-2011, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
Still very silly. If we are to make your case, just about every President should resign. I'm sure you don't see it that way though, do you? By the way, the economy was wrecked long ago.
Long ago? We had years of low unemployment, since 0bama has been president we have a future of high unemployment, and he has equaled Bush's eight years of deficits into three of 0bama's.

Remember, it was 0bama who said he would resign over something as silly as photos of him in his boxers, he set the bar, not I.

Old 06-14-2011, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I'm thinking every POTUS, hell every politician..every person, has failed plans and policies. Only idiots take those kinds of pics and send them over the internet or phones. Seriously...does ANYONE still this they will forever remain private? If so, resign from everything now because once you have shown yourself to be an idiot you loose..

I know--I mean WTH was he even thinking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies