Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2015, 05:27 PM

260 posts, read 217,095 times

Advertisements

Less racial diversity. A conservative administration.

Old 05-19-2015, 05:39 PM

33,501 posts, read 37,013,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlerain View Post
Anyplace with temperatures over 90F for more than a few days a year would never make my list...
I agree neighbor.....I don't like that kind of heat, and on the rare occasion we get it, it's a five minute drive to the ocean where it's 10 degrees cooler.....We haven't had to shovel snow here for years, and the last four winters have seen no snow at all.

The benefits of Victoria’s climate are evident through the city’s gardens, which are more likely to display drought-tolerant oak trees, eucalyptus, arbutus, and even bananas, than they are likely to feature evergreen conifers, which are typically associated with the coastal Pacific Northwest environment.
Victoria Weather |

Old 05-19-2015, 05:41 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,614,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineties Flava View Post
Canada simply doesn't have the same history that America does. However, I completely disagree with the idea that Canada doesn't have its own fair share of institutionalized racism. It has a very large share of it; it's just that America's share by comparison is to Canada's what America's GDP is to Canada's. The difference is that America is a larger, more diverse country with larger-scale problems.
I don't know the actual ethnic breakdowns but Canada seems much more multi-cultural than most of the U.S. In Canada, multi-culturalism is embraced, in the U.S.,, not so much.

Old 05-19-2015, 07:03 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,748,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
They have a better standard of living for their population overall. They have less crime, less racism, less ignorance, less poverty, less political divide, less guns, less pollution... and on top of that they have an excellent public education system (Canada is one of the most educated societies in the world), a universal health care system that covers everyone both rich and poor, and a sound economy.

Canadian cities consistently rank as the cleanest and the most livable in the world with Toronto, Ontario; Calgary, Alberta; and Vancouver, British Columbia routinely taking the top spot. If I get the chance to move to Canada I'll do it in a heartbeat. It's a perfect place to live if you ask me. I'll leave America to the teabaggers. I won't wait until they turn us into a Third World Country.
You'll be moving to a conservative country which actually CUT government spending back in the 90s because they were doing exactly what the EU and now the US have been doing; spending more than they take in.

Basically... your head will explode. Enjoy the move

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
I don't know the actual ethnic breakdowns but Canada seems much more multi-cultural than most of the U.S. In Canada, multi-culturalism is embraced, in the U.S.,, not so much.
............. ......... ...

Old 05-19-2015, 07:21 PM

7,737 posts, read 6,303,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
They have a better standard of living for their population overall. They have less crime, less racism, less ignorance, less poverty, less political divide, less guns, less pollution... and on top of that they have an excellent public education system (Canada is one of the most educated societies in the world), a universal health care system that covers everyone both rich and poor, and a sound economy.

Canadian cities consistently rank as the cleanest and the most livable in the world with Toronto, Ontario; Calgary, Alberta; and Vancouver, British Columbia routinely taking the top spot. If I get the chance to move to Canada I'll do it in a heartbeat. It's a perfect place to live if you ask me. I'll leave America to the teabaggers. I won't wait until they turn us into a Third World Country.

If is that wonderful, why are you still here?

Old 05-19-2015, 07:37 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,409,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Bueller View Post
Less racial diversity. A conservative administration.
Canada is more racially diverse than the US, and their "conservative" government is closer to the Democrat's ideology if not to the left of it.

13% of Americans are immigrants
21% of Canadians are immigrants

Old 05-19-2015, 08:58 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,334,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Canada is more racially diverse than the US, and their "conservative" government is closer to the Democrat's ideology if not to the left of it.

Seriously? Here are Canada's demographics. A grand 19% "visible minorities". 81% white.
Demographics of Canada - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

US: 62.6% non-Hispanic white
Race and ethnicity in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 05-19-2015, 09:18 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,813,596 times
Quote:

Immigrants from where?

So what does the average white guy make in each country?

Old 05-19-2015, 09:19 PM

1,198 posts, read 1,175,137 times
Quote:

LOL at Canada being racially divers. Once you get out of the major metros, it's basically ALL white or indigenous people.

And the immigrants in the metro areas are desirable immigrants for the most part. They don't have the problems with illegal immigration from Mexico in Canada, and they don't have a large AA population as well.

Your statement reminds me of all the idiots here in Seattle that think they're not racist because they enjoy living in a "diverse" area. What they don't realize is that living with educated Asian people is desirable

Go spend a week in Houston or Atlanta and you'll get an Idea of why the U.S. has so many problems compared to Canada LOL Diversity comes in more than one package, and it's not all apples to apples.

Old 05-19-2015, 09:20 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,393,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
Seriously? Here are Canada's demographics. A grand 19% "visible minorities". 81% white.
Demographics of Canada - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

US: 62.6% non-Hispanic white
Race and ethnicity in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Aaah, so cutural diversity is now measured by identifiable minorities (coloured) rather than simply any people arriving from vastly different cultures; whites from Norway, Sweden the Netherlands, Portugal, Greece, Chechnya don't count, is that your hypothesis? You need colours to have diversity?

I can counter that with Canada having fully 12.6% of it's population as Asian which is comparable to the same 12.6% of African American in the U.S.

Canada receives more immigration as a percentage of it's total population on a yearly basis than ANY other G8 nation. Roughly twice that of the U.S.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies