Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2011, 01:51 PM

1,604 posts, read 1,564,955 times

Advertisements

Americans will be fleeing to Canada in droves as the US empire declines. I want to make my move now before the great rush for the border. We are only one Republican administration away from destruction.

Old 06-08-2011, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
If the damn globe would just tilt its axis and Canada end up where America is the population would zoom to half a billion overnight. As it is now 95% of the land is useless because of the frigid weather. Montreal has the right idea with their underground city that helps people cope with winter, but failing that most people couldn't get used to the sub-zero temps. That's the ONLY reason why I don't relocate there.
Actually, that's a plus for me. I like a frigid winter. The winters here in NYC are a little too tame for my taste. I can't recall it going below 0 degrees Fahrenheit ever here. I'd like to experience that once in a while. The only redeeming value are the one or two snowstorms that we get - yes I love the snow!... on the other hand the summers are miserable in New York - it's going up to 96 today. I'll take a Canadian winter over a NY summer any day.

Old 06-08-2011, 02:20 PM

14,479 posts, read 11,272,235 times
Canada is what it is because it has the US to the south of it.

Old 06-08-2011, 02:25 PM

14,479 posts, read 11,272,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
America will become to Canada what Mexico is to America in the not so distant future. At least if Republicans get their way and turn us into a Third World corporate run state.
Yeah because, as we are all aware, it is all the Republican districts of the nation that are the war zones. You know, all the Republican inner cities.

Old 06-08-2011, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Canada is what it is because it has the US to the south of it.
Actually you have a point. Canada is like America without all the symptoms that comes with America.

Old 06-08-2011, 02:34 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,744,174 times
Quote:
They have a better standard of living for their population overall. They have less crime, less racism, less ignorance, less poverty, less political divide, less guns, less pollution... and on top of that they have an excellent public education system (Canada is one of the most educated societies in the world), a universal health care system that covers everyone both rich and poor, and a sound economy.

Canadian cities consistently rank as the cleanest and the most livable in the world with Toronto, Ontario; Calgary, Alberta; and Vancouver, British Columbia routinely taking the top spot. If I get the chance to move to Canada I'll do it in a heartbeat. It's a perfect place to live if you ask me. I'll leave America to the teabaggers. I won't wait until they turn us into a Third World Country.

Canada isn't better than America. What is keeping you here? You have the chance, if you want to leave , go.

Old 06-08-2011, 02:35 PM

326 posts, read 871,588 times
Quote:
Actually you have a point. Canada is like America without all the symptoms that comes with America.
Or maybe parts of America are like Canada. Think about it. If you take Minnesota, Wisconsin, North Dakota, Iowa or Nebraska, Montana, Wyoming, Idaho, Washington/Oregon, New Hampshire, Maine, Michigan, and Upstate New York, is this really so different from Canada?

Old 06-08-2011, 02:40 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,408,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by barney_rubble View Post
What does the status quo U.S. healthcare system have to do with conservatism?

Canada actually encourages the immigration of highly skilled foreigners.

And what is the probability of that occurring? More or less than being struck by a meteorite?

There is something very interesting lurking behind the data here. Canada's population is about 34 million. If you add up the U.S. states in order of ascending murder rate, you reach a population of 36 million after number 14. Here they are:

ND
NH
NE
UT
ID
WY
HI
MN
OR
ME
MT
IA
MA
WI

Guess what? For these states, the murder rate is about 2.1 per 100,000. Not very different from Canada.

And look what happens when I highlights these states on a map (hint: if you put all of them together, it would look kind of like Canada).
Ouch the OP isn't going to like where you are going with this, LOL.

Old 06-08-2011, 02:40 PM

111 posts, read 97,644 times
Quote:
Canada has the highest per capita net immigration rate in the world. Its not hard to move there, are you going to do it or just post on city data how much you want to move there and how bad the US is?

Old 06-08-2011, 02:43 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,189,286 times
Canada is a wonderful country to live in, been here most of my life....now if we could just get
rid of Baby Bush, aka Harper it would be even more wonderful!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies