Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 06:34 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,937,590 times

Advertisements

That was great. Love this guy.

He sums up the leftist ideology in a nutshell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2011, 06:35 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,945,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
I know this is tough for some people to grasp, so let me spell it out for you .... vaccines are junk science ... created to do two things ... to inject idiots with poisons so that smart people can make a lot of money. That's why they tell you these idiotic BS stories like the vaccine protects you from the disease EXCEPT when someone else isn't vaccinated. Now, does that make any sense? NO.
[Sarcasm]I guess you're right.[/Sarcasm]
Quote:
Polio (also called poliomyelitis) is a contagious, historically devastating disease that was virtually eliminated from the Western hemisphere in the second half of the 20th century. Although polio has plagued humans since ancient times, its most extensive outbreak occurred in the first half of the 1900s before the vaccination created by Jonas Salk became widely available in 1955. LINK
Quote:
After vaccination campaigns throughout the 19th and 20th centuries, the WHO certified the eradication of smallpox in 1979. LINK

Old 06-08-2011, 06:37 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,454,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Well the new bulbs pose a health hazard the old ones don't, so there is a bit of inconsistency to your nanny state logic.
Not only that but the white light they emit gives you a headache. It is AWFUL. These lights are probably designed to not only emit Mercury which might be the least of the dangers....but what about the FLICKER rate and effect that has on your nervous system??? They are probably engineered to be programmed to create whatever negative nervous system programming the utility companies feel like sending through to households to turn us into mindless zombie slaves. Below is just one link that discusses the nature of flicker rates.

What is Flickering? or the Flicker Rate? « Electromagnetic Frequencies

Old 06-08-2011, 06:44 PM

1,637 posts, read 1,909,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
That is like complaining... what did Clean Water Act do to protect against natural gas drilling? But, I'm still waiting to hear back from you on CAFE's impact on the oil situation.
Did this post not answer your question?

Old 06-08-2011, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkbatca View Post
These are the words I want to hear from the next President. The first candidate that says this has my vote.
Well you know Ron Paul would say this or something similar and probably has said it 100 times. Rand probably got the idea from his dad.

Old 06-08-2011, 06:51 PM

865 posts, read 623,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankapotomus View Post
Yes, the government shouldn't restrict our choices.

Like why can't a right turn signal mean a left turn for me?

And why do I have to put my lights on when driving at night?

And why do I have to have a toilet at all? Why can't I just go to the bathroom in the river behind my house?
I haven't been around these boards long, but this is by far the dumbest post I've seen.

Old 06-08-2011, 06:55 PM

15,070 posts, read 8,629,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
[Sarcasm]I guess you're right.[/Sarcasm]Polio (also called poliomyelitis) is a contagious, historically devastating disease that was virtually eliminated from the Western hemisphere in the second half of the 20th century. Although polio has plagued humans since ancient times, its most extensive outbreak occurred in the first half of the 1900s before the vaccination created by Jonas Salk became widely available in
Actually .. the truth is ... Polio was a very mild disease, with the vast majority who became infected completely unaware and symptom free.

And, Polio had already declined by 70% prior to the invention of the vaccine, but the vaccine did transmit cancer viruses to several hundred million people before the contamination was discovered by Maurice Hilleman at Merck .. (SV40)

And I'm not being sarcastic ... but these sick SOBs think it's real funny.

YouTube - ‪Dr. Maurice Hilleman, explains why Merck's vaccines have spread AIDS & other plagues worldwide‬‏

Old 06-08-2011, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Mercury evaporates and this is where the issue begins, it's safely contained inside the impermeable glass until you break one. In this case you should ventilate the room and clean it up with tape, place the contents into plastic bag.

The bulb itself contains less mercury that what would be emitted if you were to use standard bulb so even if you were to break everyone it's net loss on emissions. Most will either be recycled or safely contained inside a landfill.

Yes but they are cheaper long term because you use less electricity and they last much longer.

I use them almost exclusively indoors, having said that I'm against the mandate. In my case they simply don't work for outdoor lighting especially in the winter.

All the supposed benefits you site see, to be based on propaganda and not recent findings such as the fact that they know now that will the bulb is one they emit Mercury gas and advise making sure your head is several feet away from the light.

As to them being cheaper in the long run, I've had some stop working after a few weeks that I paid a small fortune for (before I found out about the mercury).

Don't forget that there is still the flicker rate to be concerned about and these dumb overpriced light bulbs could exacerbate the dangers of the flicker rates.....

Old 06-08-2011, 07:07 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,299,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
You busy bodies will never get it.
Until something you want is restricted or denied
Like same sex marriage

Or the right for a woman to get an abortion.

Gotcha!

Old 06-08-2011, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
"Common sense should tell you that the government isn't looking for what you will like but looking at reducing energy dependency. But hey, you already know that, right?"

Sure and your mother kept you from harm by locking you in your room, complete with baby montor, co detector and fire alarm until you were 18.

Was there a better way to protect you, sure, but you didin't have the option and your mom didn't consider a more resonable approach.

The fed regualtors may have 'good intentions' but they are 'paving the road to hell' with them.

John List had good intentions. He killed his family to save their souls from sin. Do you suppose the current administration is taking a page from John List's story?
Excellent analogy! This is precicely what they are doing "locking us in our rooms" ( and making us pay for it while they prosper). How dumb can we be to let them get away with it????

Hopefully we still have a little smarts left and AT LEAST won't let the Media dictate our choices for political candidates in the future. If we do, all we can expect is more of the same....higher cost of living, fewer liberties, worse quality of life, more abuse from an out of control bloated government.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies