Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 06:48 AM

29,391 posts, read 55,581,822 times

Advertisements

Sarah Palin wants to show to the Republican right that she is the true keeper of the Ronald Reagan flame by meeting the late president's closest ally on the world stage.

A meeting with Margaret Thatcher in the centenary year of Reagan's birth would be the perfect way of launching her bid for the Republican nomination for the 2012 US presidential election.

Margaret Thatcher to Sarah Palin: don't bother dropping by | Politics | guardian.co.uk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2011, 07:17 AM

3,478 posts, read 7,253,302 times
Good. Why would she want to deal with Palin and her miscues on American politics., history, and folksy talk?

And why is Palin headed to Sudan anyways?

Old 06-08-2011, 07:19 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,309,728 times
She may be old but it looks like Thatcher is as sharp and politically savvy as ever, to not allow herself to be used as a tool to give credibility to someone she deems to be is "frivolous figure."

Old 06-08-2011, 07:21 AM

13,684 posts, read 9,005,080 times
I would not read too much into this. After all, Ms. Thatcher recently missed her own 85th birthday party due to her illness (including, I believe, dementia). I doubt that it is Ms. Thatcher who is 'snubbing' Ms. Palin, but one of her handler's or guardians.

P.S. to Ms Palin: I think visiting Sudan is not wise. Perhaps she meant Spain? Switzerland?

Old 06-08-2011, 07:21 AM

5,391 posts, read 7,228,142 times
Even though I was no fan of Thatcher back in the day, and wholeheartedly disagreed with her political philosophy and positions, I recognize her for being head and shoulders above Sarah Palin in credibility, capability, and intellectual attainment. Former chemistry student, barrister, member of Parliament, then Prime Minister. Sarah Palin is a gnat in comparison.

I'm also certain that Margaret Thatcher knows the story of Paul Revere.

Old 06-08-2011, 07:24 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,144,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Sarah Palin wants to show to the Republican right that she is the true keeper of the Ronald Reagan flame by meeting the late president's closest ally on the world stage.

A meeting with Margaret Thatcher in the centenary year of Reagan's birth would be the perfect way of launching her bid for the Republican nomination for the 2012 US presidential election.

Margaret Thatcher to Sarah Palin: don't bother dropping by | Politics | guardian.co.uk
Good for Maggie!

How arrogant, presumptious, ego-centric, sickening, rude, ill-mannered, impolite for that "snake oil salesman who is Palin" to ASSume Thatcher would have any interest in meeting one particular PRIVATE citizen of the United States....

I think Thatcher is smarter than to allow herself to be used as a tool as Palin uses anyone and everyone else, including her children.

Old 06-08-2011, 07:28 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,849,970 times
Thatcher is a beat up old hag, she didn't want to be seen anywhere near any woman in politics who would make her look even worse.

Old 06-08-2011, 07:29 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,144,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I would not read too much into this. After all, Ms. Thatcher recently missed her own 85th birthday party due to her illness (including, I believe, dementia). I doubt that it is Ms. Thatcher who is 'snubbing' Ms. Palin, but one of her handler's or guardians.

P.S. to Ms Palin: I think visiting Sudan is not wise. Perhaps she meant Spain? Switzerland?
Dementia???

Well, then, maybe she and Palin WOULD get along quite well.

If Ms. Thatcher is that ill then it's even more disgusting of Palin to invite herself for a meeting...she's an inconsiderate pig, too!!

Old 06-08-2011, 07:32 AM

7,474 posts, read 22,877,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Dementia???

Well, then, maybe she and Palin WOULD get along quite well.

If Ms. Thatcher is that ill then it's even more disgusting of Palin to invite herself for a meeting...she's an inconsiderate pig, too!!
That is "Next President" disgusting pig, to you...
You will love her after she fixes the mess the fairy princess has created...

Old 06-08-2011, 07:35 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,118,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post

From the article...

It would appear that the reasons go deeper than Thatcher's frail health. Her allies believe that Palin is a frivolous figure who is unworthy of an audience with the Iron Lady. This is what one ally tells me:

Lady Thatcher will not be seeing Sarah Palin. That would be belittling for Margaret. Sarah Palin is nuts

P.S. Palin cannot differentiate between Sudan and Switzerland?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies