Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2011, 02:11 PM

18,324 posts, read 18,928,793 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
OK, so we no have you both agreeing that abortiopn should be illegal after viability. That is real progress. Too bad the rest of the left is resisting this minimal restriction with much gusto.
I never said abortion should be illegal after viability. I said you can't get a late term abortion for no reason.... we already have enough restrictions on abortion to prevent a late term healthy pregnancy form abortion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2011, 02:13 PM

18,324 posts, read 18,928,793 times
Quote:
Late term abortions can be done in most states for whatever reason the woman wants. Please review the map.
you are correct in that late term abortions are preformed. you map does not say they are preformed for no medical reasons.

Old 06-09-2011, 02:13 PM

2,226 posts, read 2,097,064 times
Default No

Quote:
Originally Posted by flash3780 View Post
What are laws if not opinions. You obviously have a different opinion from my own. I believe that I understand your viewpoint: "Children aren't human until some particular stage of pregnancy."
I don't think you ever clarified when this transition happens, but from your statements, I assume that after that point you would oppose abortions?

I would personally....unless it was a medical decision for myself or the developing fetus not have an abortion following first trimester. Certainly not for expedience sake. I would have one, should I personally decide it was necessary. But I would NEVER oppose abortion for another woman. It isn't my decision, it isn't my business. It is the law of the land. I don't personally agree with many laws of the land....but I don't intentionally break them either.

Old 06-09-2011, 02:14 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,700,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
you are correct in that late term abortions are preformed. you map does not say they are preformed for no medical reasons.

The states in white have no restrictions. The tan for the "mental health" of the mother, that isn't much of a restriction.

Old 06-09-2011, 02:16 PM

15,701 posts, read 16,974,315 times
Quote:
Very few. most have an exemption for mental health, wide enough to drive a truck through. Several have zero restrictions. So you are clearly wrong. It is quite possible to get a post viability abortion in every state.
When the mother's life is at risk. Are you advocating allowing women to die rather than abort a fetus....at whatever stage of developement?

Really?

Since you seem to have no regard for the woman's life on it's own......perhaps she has other children that will become motherless or parentless if she dies. Do you care about what happens to them at all.....or just the fetus? A fetus that may not survive the birth whether aborted or not.

Also, keep this in mind......most women who have to abort late in their pregnancies actually WANT that baby....but they cannot deliver without possibly dying themselves or the fetus is horribly deformed. Really classy on the part of pro-lifers to label these unfortunate women as murderers.

How pathetic.

Old 06-09-2011, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60sfemi View Post
Not sure when I, nor when I read back the other poster, said that at all. Do enlighten.

I believe NO RESTRICTIONS, EVER, BY ANYONE FOR ANY REASON. It is only a WOMANS right to CHOOSE. So if there is still any confusion, that should clear it up.

See post 99.

Your position is confusing. If you believe that a baby has rights after viability how can you hold this position. Do you believe in infanticide?

Old 06-09-2011, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
When the mother's life is at risk. Are you advocating allowing women to die rather than abort a fetus....at whatever stage of developement?

Really?

Since you seem to have no regard for the woman's life on it's own......perhaps she has other children that will become motherless or parentless if she dies. Do you care about what happens to them at all.....or just the fetus? A fetus that may not survive the birth whether aborted or not.

Also, keep this in mind......most women who have to abort late in their pregnancies actually WANT that baby....but they cannot deliver without possibly dying themselves or the fetus is horribly deformed. Really classy on the part of pro-lifers to label these unfortunate women as murderers.

How pathetic.

Please review the map I have posted listing post viabilty abortion availability by state. You will see there are several states that have no restrictions most have paper thin restrictions. I have regard for all life, it is disconcerting that the militant pro abotionists have no regard for life after viability.

Old 06-09-2011, 02:22 PM

Quote:
You can describe vialbilty any way you wish, but the definition is when a baby can survive outside the mother.

Fetus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Clearly pro abortion folks do not care about vialbility, they refuse to outlaw them. Again, review the map abortions after viability are available in many states with no restrictions and in most states with paper thin restricitons.
That could be because its the womans right to choose. Why and how would you even be aware a stranger is having an abortion unless you are burying your nose into a stranger's personnel decisions. Maybe we should pick and choose the constitional amendments we want to ban, perhaps the right to bear arms, the right to drink.....whichever one YOU believe in so much. None of this is your business.

Old 06-09-2011, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60sfemi View Post
That could be because its the womans right to choose. Why and how would you even be aware a stranger is having an abortion unless you are burying your nose into a stranger's personnel decisions. Maybe we should pick and choose the constitional amendments we want to ban, perhaps the right to bear arms, the right to drink.....whichever one YOU believe in so much. None of this is your business.

Please direct me to the right to privacy enummerated in the Constitution? Or perhaps you can point out where the framers mention abortion? Or better yet please direct me to the "constitutional amendment" you are refering to?

Abortion is society's business. We have an obligation to protect the most vulnerable.

Old 06-09-2011, 02:28 PM

Default shrimp

Quote:
The next time those particular cells grow into a shrimp, be sure to let us know........

I said, if you read me correctly is shrimp-like, and that is Exactly a perfect description of what a newly developing fetus looks like.....Are you sure you don't live in Texas....they don't allow biology book here, you know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies