Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 11:06 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,930,375 times

Advertisements

I guess he is keeping one campaign promise afterall. "Under my administration electric prices will necessarily skyrocket."- B.H. Obama on the 2008 campaign trail.

Coal Regs Would Kill Jobs, Boost Energy Bills - Washington Whispers (usnews.com)

Quote:
Two new EPA pollution regulations will slam the coal industry so hard that hundreds of thousands of jobs will be lost, and electric rates will skyrocket 11 percent to over 23 percent, according to a new study based on government [COLOR=#005497 !important][COLOR=#005497 !important]data[/color][/color].

Overall, the rules aimed at making the air cleaner could cost the coal-fired power plant industry $180 billion, warns a trade group.

“Many of these severe impacts would hit families living in states already facing serious economic challenges,” said Steve Miller, president of the American Coalition for Clean Coal Electricity. “Because of these impacts, EPA should make major changes to the proposed regulations before they are finalized,” he said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2011, 11:10 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
I guess he is keeping one campaign promise afterall. "Under my administration electric prices will necessarily skyrocket."- B.H. Obama on the 2008 campaign trail.

Coal Regs Would Kill Jobs, Boost Energy Bills - Washington Whispers (usnews.com)
I can't believe that the EPA hasn't pulled this regulation trick at least 2 years ago since the Great and Mighty Oz-bama promised it would happen. I guess he had to wait a bit since he couldn't get Congress to pass a law to destroy the coal business but he sure got them to do it lately.

Has the MSM mentioned this latest action by the EPA, yet?

Old 06-08-2011, 11:11 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,302,626 times
'Soar' is an intransitive verb, your sentence calls for a transitive verb such as 'raise'.

Old 06-09-2011, 12:11 AM

3,451 posts, read 7,054,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post

You conveniently left out a key part of the article:

Still, the EPA did note that the two new antipollution rules are “pending” and that the agency has “accepted and are considering feedback” from the industry.

Old 06-09-2011, 12:14 AM

3,451 posts, read 7,054,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I can't believe that the EPA hasn't pulled this regulation trick at least 2 years ago since the Great and Mighty Oz-bama promised it would happen. I guess he had to wait a bit since he couldn't get Congress to pass a law to destroy the coal business but he sure got them to do it lately.

As long as the coal business survives, the health of our citizens and the cleanliness of the air we breath is secondary...

Old 06-09-2011, 12:19 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,123,156 times
Okay, let's debunk this crap....

The billionaire Koch Brothers; their giant oil conglomerate, Koch Industries; and their vast network of right-wing political groups, think tanks, and other organizations are rarely out of the news these days, but the oil profit-fueled, multi-pronged assault on clean energy that Koch groups launched this week is particularly notable — and worrisome.

The Please Don’t Blame Oil Companies for High Gas Prices Campaign : This week, AFP announced it was launching a “Running on Empty” tour to try to falsely blame President Obama for high gas prices. The tour will travel to Kansas, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Missouri, Virginia, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin. The tour is, of course, funded in part by the profits Koch Industries is making as a result of today’s high oil prices.

In reality, polls show that nine of out 10 Americans blame Wall Street speculators and Big Oil’s greed for the high prices. Even Goldman Sachs and ExxonMobil agree that speculation is to blame for today’s high oil prices.

Unlikely to be mentioned on the tour? How the Kochs built an oil speculation empire that is partially responsible for driving up oil prices right now.

Conservatives Are America's Real Terrorists: The Koch Brothers war Against America -- Can We Afford to Let Koch Win?

Domestic Oil Production is Up 11% Under Obama and Was Down 15% Under Bush
Domestic Oil Production is Up 11% Under Obama and Was Down 15% Under Bush at EnviroKnow

Old 06-09-2011, 12:24 AM

4,367 posts, read 3,483,507 times
Intended consequences.

Old 06-09-2011, 05:08 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,345,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post

Of course they haven't mentioned it. They don't want to make Barry look bad.....

Old 06-09-2011, 05:16 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Okay, let's debunk this crap....

The billionaire Koch Brothers; their giant oil conglomerate, Koch Industries; and their vast network of right-wing political groups, think tanks, and other organizations are rarely out of the news these days, but the oil profit-fueled, multi-pronged assault on clean energy that Koch groups launched this week is particularly notable — and worrisome.

The Please Don’t Blame Oil Companies for High Gas Prices Campaign : This week, AFP announced it was launching a “Running on Empty” tour to try to falsely blame President Obama for high gas prices. The tour will travel to Kansas, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Missouri, Virginia, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin. The tour is, of course, funded in part by the profits Koch Industries is making as a result of today’s high oil prices.

In reality, polls show that nine of out 10 Americans blame Wall Street speculators and Big Oil’s greed for the high prices. Even Goldman Sachs and ExxonMobil agree that speculation is to blame for today’s high oil prices.

Unlikely to be mentioned on the tour? How the Kochs built an oil speculation empire that is partially responsible for driving up oil prices right now.

Conservatives Are America's Real Terrorists: The Koch Brothers war Against America -- Can We Afford to Let Koch Win?

Domestic Oil Production is Up 11% Under Obama and Was Down 15% Under Bush
Domestic Oil Production is Up 11% Under Obama and Was Down 15% Under Bush at EnviroKnow
Why are you babbling about the koch brothers and oil?
The EPA regs in the OP concern coal, not oil

Old 06-09-2011, 05:24 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,778,277 times
That is pretty much what I expect from the OP. The goal is to spread fear and loathing concerning job losses in a particularly obnoxious industry with a long record of disregarding their effects on people's health and the environment. Just more fear mongering propaganda.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies