Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2011, 06:07 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,980,794 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
This is my thread, so anything I say is on topic.

And if you think vasectomies are off topic, you shouldn't have mentioned them.
No, its not your thread.
This is a privately owned site, so you have to abide by their rules, not yours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2011, 06:13 PM

6,041 posts, read 11,466,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
No, its not your thread.
This is a privately owned site, so you have to abide by their rules, not yours.
They have the right to delete my posts for other reasons, but off topic is not a reason to delete my posts on a thread I made. No matter who owns the thread, anything I say is on topic if I started the thread.

Old 06-09-2011, 06:16 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,376,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvdxer View Post
Then who will we charge? Will the innocent child's expenses be covered by the state, and therefore all taxpayers and not only the one who is co-responsible, or will the child have to go without?

Abortion should be illegal, IMO. That'll solve it all, and make it impossible to walk away from one's free choice (assuming they are not <1% of women who get abortions because of rape).
No that won't solve it all. Women have been terminating pregnancies for thousands of years and will continue to do so. Legal abortion just makes it safer.

If you want to go down the track of controlling a person's body, then why not enforce compulsory vasectomies for all males?

They are cheap, relatively painless, few side-effects, and reversible when the male is responsible enough to father children.

This will lead to very few unwanted pregnancies and the need for abortions in the first place.

No more whining from men about having to "pay" for the wellbeing of their own children if they don't want them.

No more whining from the anti-choice crowd about "killing babies".

Problem solved.

Old 06-09-2011, 06:16 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,980,794 times
Quote:
They have the right to delete my posts for other reasons, but off topic is not a reason to delete my posts on a thread I made. No matter who owns the thread, anything I say is on topic if I started the thread.
Pull that out of the TOS and post it, then.
But you will not, because you are incorrect.

Old 06-09-2011, 06:18 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,053,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Not for the majority. Let's keep on topic and not wander off to lala land.
Vasectomies can't fail if large segments of the vas is removed.

Old 06-09-2011, 06:19 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,558,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
That's not the point. If you want to have all the sex you want without consequence and think it's "unfair" that women can (as the one poster was suggesting becasuse abortion is available) a vasectomy is a viable alternative. What the opposite sex does isn't your concern after that, you will be safe.
Yes, however the thought of that makes men squirm. Men don't even want to fix their dog. It's much harder for them to be logical and objective about getting themselves fixed. If we were rational beings, we wouldn't even have to come up with these solutions, sex is emotional and physical, not so much rational.

Old 06-09-2011, 06:28 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,376,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
I believe men should have a say if he wants the little thing or not.
If a man doesn't want his "little thing" - he can always have it removed.

Old 06-09-2011, 06:31 PM

1,604 posts, read 1,564,955 times
Quote:

Why can a female have all the sex she wants and get off scot free, but the male takes a risk every time he has sex?
That has to be one of the most rediculous comments I've ever read... and I'm a guy. Have you ever heard the addage, "use protection"?

Old 06-09-2011, 06:32 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,319,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
Vasectomies can't fail if large segments of the vas is removed.
True.

That makes a vast difference.

Old 06-09-2011, 06:35 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,053,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
True.

That makes a vast difference.
Yeah, but the problem is finding a doctor willing to do that. Many are preferring newer painless methods over the traditional procedure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies