Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2011, 06:37 PM

13,673 posts, read 8,978,585 times

Advertisements

I admit, I also wonder at releasing these emails. However, I bet that they will actually help her: I, for one, never thought at she was a 'crook' or dishonest. I just thought that she was poor vice-president material. These emails may well show that she was an active governor, which would certainly raise my opinion of her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2011, 06:38 PM

17,390 posts, read 11,938,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
They weren't leaked. They were obtained through legal means by submitting public records requests. I've read a few of them in the book Blind Alliance and I predict many of them will surprise her fans. Some were used to prove the ethics charges against her.
Why are you lying about the ethics charges. No charges were brought against her.

Old 06-10-2011, 07:54 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,193,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Savoir Faire, I'm sure... so absolutely sure we all owe such a deep overwhelming debt of gratitude to you, Savoir Faire for being on top of the Sarah Palin emails, keeping us apprised of Sarah Palin's emails.

I've read some of them, some of the reports.

OMGzzzz.... Savoir Faire, thanks to you and other *******s this woman is going down big. And we have you to thank for keeping us up to date.
Quote:
The email account of Aug. 29, 2008, the day John McCain announced Palin as his running mate, tells a tale of jubilant shock and amazement from Palin devotees…

“Wow governor! Just watched you on TV!” wrote budget director Karen Rehfeld. “You knocked their socks off!”

“Can you believe it!” Palin replied. “He told me yesterday — it moved fast! Pray! I love you.”

Vice President Dick Cheney called the governor’s office requesting a call back.

“Talked to him. Thank you – you rock – i love you!!!” Palin wrote to Janice Mason, her scheduler and executive secretary.
Quote:
“The [president] and I spoke about military, [including] Track’s deployment and how Iraq is a different place than it was a year ago,” Palin wrote Nizich. “He also spoke about (and we joked about) VP buzz.”
Quote:
“Please encourage her to accept if asked!” the supporter wrote. “What can we do to encourage Senator McCain to put her on the ticket?”
Later on, I'll put up a link about her friends who bombed police stations and killed innocent people. And how her preacher of two decades hates the U.S. And how she directed funds to cronies.

Thank the GAWDZ we have people trying to sink Palin.... AT LEAST we know who they are.

Old 06-10-2011, 07:57 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,722,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey View Post
Savoir Faire, I'm sure... so absolutely sure we all owe such a deep overwhelming debt of gratitude to you, Savoir Faire for being on top of the Sarah Palin emails, keeping us apprised of Sarah Palin's emails.

I've read some of them, some of the reports.

OMGzzzz.... Savoir Faire, thanks to you and other *******s this woman is going down big. And we have you to thank for keeping us up to date.
Later on, I'll put up a link about her friends who bombed police stations and killed innocent people. And how her preacher of two decades hates the U.S. And how she directed funds to cronies.

Thank the GAWDZ we have people trying to sink Palin.... AT LEAST we know who they are.

That's some smoking gun. Lol

Old 06-10-2011, 09:40 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,874,903 times
CNN finding that Gov. Palin was hard-working governor | MRC TV

"A hard-working Governor".

Concerned about "her" troops.

Oh gosh, I'm dying over here. The Left/MSM thought they'd have a treasure trove of scandal - looks like the gist of it is she was a good, hard working Governor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I admit, I also wonder at releasing these emails. However, I bet that they will actually help her: I, for one, never thought at she was a 'crook' or dishonest. I just thought that she was poor vice-president material. These emails may well show that she was an active governor, which would certainly raise my opinion of her.
Oh, DO watch the CNN video. Active AND hard working.

Last edited by sanrene; 06-10-2011 at 10:09 PM..

Old 06-10-2011, 09:51 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,806,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Amazing how the progressive leftists keep on coming up with things to smear Palin.

This country would be alot better off if they channeled their energies towards figuring out how to get American jobs back or stopping the illegal alien invasion.
Yeah. Like emails she wrote. Why did the left make her write email? How much power do they hold? They can make people write things. Incredible.

Old 06-10-2011, 09:53 PM

26,969 posts, read 15,187,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post

Congratulations on you new "cub reporter" position.

Are there any dues to be in the NY Times Youth?

Old 06-10-2011, 10:07 PM

2,673 posts, read 3,241,919 times
I posted on my facebook that I thought it was a mistake to pounce on these emails. I asked what purpose it served? I said it may very well backfire, and to me, it seems to be an invasion of privacy. I seem to be the only damned lib in America who is against this invasion of privacy. Why?

I posted on CD back on page one of this thread that this didn't seem right. I realize those emails were requested three years ago, but I also believe the timing is suspect.

What I see are a bunch of vultures on a roadkill. Where are the ethics in all of this? Does not one GD news organization have enough character to back off? It's as if they've gone into pack mentality. It reminds me of instances we've all experienced or witnessed in junior high or high school. Those instances when the 'weird kid' or the really poor kid gets constantly harassed and more kids join in on the harassment of the kid because the group/pack mentality mode kicks in, and those who don't join in don't have the character or the guts to stand up for the poor kid.

Sarah's no 'poor kid', I realize that; I also realize she's a narcissistic, self-serving nincompoop, but damn! I also realize that if the tables were turned and it was a Democrat in Palin's position that Fox, Hannity, and especially that slug of the earth, Rush Limpbaugh would show no mercy and would be all over it. That does not mean others have to lower themselves to the rightwing , lying media's level. I was against the rush to publish these emails when the news broke and I'm even more against it now after reading the email about Bristol's pregnancy.

Why would Mother Jones post an email about Bristol's unplanned pregnancy? Not our business!!!!! That has not one thing to do with the politics or the governing of the state of Alaska.

Old 06-10-2011, 10:23 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,193,039 times
LA Times Won’t Release Obama-Khalidi Tape But Posts 24,000 Sarah Palin Emails | The Gateway Pundit

Quote:
In 2008 The LA Times withheld a video that contained footage of Barack Obama celebrating with a group of Palestinians who were openly hostile towards Israel. Barack Obama reportedly even gave a toast to a former PLO operative, Rashid Khalidi, at this celebration.

This was something the LA Times hid from the American public before the election. The media refused to release (http://gatewaypundit.firstthings.com/2008/10/confirmed-msm-holds-video-of-barack-obama-attending-jew-bash-toasting-a-former-plo-operative-refuse-to-release-the-video/ - broken link) the video.
Quote:
There were also reports that terrorists Bill Ayers and his wife Bernadine Dohrn were at the same Jew-bash.

Khalidi was thought to be (http://gatewaypundit.firstthings.com/2008/10/in-1982-the-nyt-linked-obamas-pal-khalidi-to-the-plo-not-today/ - broken link) connected to the PLO.

Fast forward to this week—

The Los Angeles Times released
24,000 Sarah Palin emails today.

Old 06-11-2011, 01:05 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,423,185 times
Anything incriminating has already been combed through a long time ago. These emails won't change anything about her to her supporters and critics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies