Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2011, 12:24 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,371,060 times

Advertisements

Thread fail.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2011, 12:36 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,659,032 times
Sarah Palin displays honesty, Integrity, true desire and concern for how this once great America has become CORRUPT.

And you better believe.....Sarah looks miles BETTER than those NOW in the White House, etc.

Old 06-14-2011, 01:13 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,442,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
The news media doesn't look stupid. The news media asked for these e-mails 3 years ago. THREE YEARS AGO. They didn't ask last week. They didn't ask last month. They asked for the e-mails of a public servant THREE YEARS AGO because that's the JOB of the news media. To do research on public figures and research stories of public interest. The news media's request for this information THREE YEARS AGO, was entirely appropriate and valid. They were doing their job.
First, if the media was asking for these e-mails three years ago I would be seriously impressed, since that would have been June 2008, three months before McCain picked Gov. Palin to run with him as VP.

Second, if the media was doing their job, then where are Obama's e-mails? Face reality, the media wanted to do a hatchet job on Gov. Palin, not their job. The media has not done their job in decades. The media was only interested in getting dirt on Gov. Palin so they could prop-up Obama even further. The mainstream media is nothing more than the propaganda arm of the Democratic Party. Only a complete idiot refuses to acknowledge that reality.

Quote:
The state's delay in releasing them was also appropriate, since there were a lot of e-mails to go through, and the governor is privy to sensitive information. I think the state should have done an even better job at redaction, since there were so many e-mail addresses and other personal information included.
E-Mail addresses are not considered confidential or "sensitive" information. Neither are phone numbers.

Quote:
If Palin were no longer a figure of public interest, BY HER OWN CHOICE, then the release of the e-mails would have gone unnoticed except for some political wonks. Since she is still of public interest, the release of the e-mails aroused some short-term interest by the public at large, and some scrutiny by those looking for a smoking gun as well as by those looking to rebut Palin critics. In an era where the internet makes the accessibility of these kinds of information dumps so open, people will become more prosaic about such things. But many of us remember an earlier time when such releases, like the Pentagon Papers for instance, merited a great deal of attention.
So far the release of information has been entirely one-way. Were are Al Gore's e-mails that were requested through FOIA over a decade ago? Oh yea, they were all "mysteriously" lost or destroyed. How convenient. Where was your media then, out to lunch? They certainly were not doing their job.

Since you have such a tenuous grasp on reality, I will remind you that Sarah Palin has not held public office since July 2009.

Old 06-14-2011, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
First, if the media was asking for these e-mails three years ago I would be seriously impressed, since that would have been June 2008, three months before McCain picked Gov. Palin to run with him as VP.

Second, if the media was doing their job, then where are Obama's e-mails? Face reality, the media wanted to do a hatchet job on Gov. Palin, not their job. The media has not done their job in decades. The media was only interested in getting dirt on Gov. Palin so they could prop-up Obama even further. The mainstream media is nothing more than the propaganda arm of the Democratic Party. Only a complete idiot refuses to acknowledge that reality.

E-Mail addresses are not considered confidential or "sensitive" information. Neither are phone numbers.

So far the release of information has been entirely one-way. Were are Al Gore's e-mails that were requested through FOIA over a decade ago? Oh yea, they were all "mysteriously" lost or destroyed. How convenient. Where was your media then, out to lunch? They certainly were not doing their job.

Since you have such a tenuous grasp on reality, I will remind you that Sarah Palin has not held public office since July 2009.
Do you know Sarah personally? You are from her area....and seem to know a lot about her?

Old 06-14-2011, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
Do you know Sarah personally? You are from her area....and seem to know a lot about her?
I met Sarah Palin in 2004, before she ran for Governor. I knew Todd Palin, the winner of four Iron Dog races and a local hero in Wasilla, and when I saw him at Fred Meyers in Wasilla I introduced myself and shook his hand. He introduced me to his wife, whom I had never met before and knew nothing about. I did not even vote for her during the 2006 GOP Primary, I voted for John Binkley instead. However, when she won the GOP Primary, I did vote for her to become Governor.

No, I do not know the Palin's personally. I live approximately 8 miles from their home, but I have no reason to bother them. Alaskans value their privacy, and I respect theirs.

Old 06-14-2011, 02:14 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,861,612 times
Quote:

Gore e-mails, Obama e-mails, are OFF-TOPIC. This thread is about Palin's e-mails. And the e-mails were INDEED requested by the media back in 2008. Tenuous grasp on reality--only by YOU. There was absolutely no reason to attack my post, even though you are a rabid Palin fan. I didn't attack Palin. I don't give a flying frisbee about Palin. Save your anger for someone who merits it, because you are over-the-top.

Old 06-14-2011, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Gore e-mails, Obama e-mails, are OFF-TOPIC. This thread is about Palin's e-mails.
They are indeed off-topic because this was never about the media "doing their job" as you like to pretend. This was solely a liberal fishing expedition for more dirt on then Gov. Palin, nothing more. You can pretend the media is "doing their job" but the rest of the planet knows that only a true liberal idiot would believe such a blatant lie.

Quote:
And the e-mails were INDEED requested by the media back in 2008. Tenuous grasp on reality--only by YOU. There was absolutely no reason to attack my post, even though you are a rabid Palin fan. I didn't attack Palin. I don't give a flying frisbee about Palin. Save your anger for someone who merits it, because you are over-the-top.
You made a big deal about how the media requested these e-mails "THREE YEARS AGO," in capital letters no less. But now cannot even admit that it was not three years ago that they made their request. You flat out lied in your ardent defense of the Democrat propaganda machine. Just another liberal shill, as expected.

Old 06-14-2011, 03:07 PM

Quote:
They are indeed off-topic because this was never about the media "doing their job" as you like to pretend. This was solely a liberal fishing expedition for more dirt on then Gov. Palin, nothing more. You can pretend the media is "doing their job" but the rest of the planet knows that only a true liberal idiot would believe such a blatant lie.

You made a big deal about how the media requested these e-mails "THREE YEARS AGO," in capital letters no less. But now cannot even admit that it was not three years ago that they made their request. You flat out lied in your ardent defense of the Democrat propaganda machine. Just another liberal shill, as expected.
Glitch, you sound exactly like me...on another forum.

Most of these anti-Sarah attackers have no integrity....and won't fight fair....but they expect us to. - That's what Sarah is standing up for.....decent, civil government. Sadly....it may be a total Dream. - As of now....politics is a NIGHTMARE.

P.S. --I can't imagine why anyone would want anywhere near that corrupt arena?
Reminded of an old saying.....''A Rat Race can only be won....by a RAT.''

Actually....I meant anyone not greedy for power and money...and fame.

Last edited by quality guy; 06-14-2011 at 03:19 PM..

Old 06-14-2011, 03:09 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,861,612 times
Quote:

I don't know what got stuck in your craw, but you need to pull it out.

But your attacks are inappropriate and out of line.

It's 2011. The requests were made in 2008. I didn't figure it out in months, I simply subtracted. The fact that you are quibbling over this is a display of pettiness.

The media was doing their job when they made the FOIA request. I'm well aware that you don't like the way the media does their job, I don't always like it either. But I don't go vitriolic on people just because they are stating the facts, either.

You and I have had many exchanges in the past, for the most part civil. Your attacks today are baseless. Get over whatever your problem is.

Old 06-14-2011, 03:19 PM

Quote:
I don't know what got stuck in your craw, but you need to pull it out.

But your attacks are inappropriate and out of line.

It's 2011. The requests were made in 2008. I didn't figure it out in months, I simply subtracted. The fact that you are quibbling over this is a display of pettiness.

The media was doing their job when they made the FOIA request. I'm well aware that you don't like the way the media does their job, I don't always like it either. But I don't go vitriolic on people just because they are stating the facts, either.

You and I have had many exchanges in the past, for the most part civil. Your attacks today are baseless. Get over whatever your problem is.
I have zero tolerance for morons who pretend the media is doing anything remotely like their "job." They are a liberal propganda machine whose sole purpose is to get liberals elected to office and destroy any opposition. That has been their primary role for at least the last two decades. Their sole purpose was to destroy then Gov. Palin, and you have the audacity to defend these worthless hacks.

The only time you ever state a "fact" is after it is handed to you on a platter by someone else, usually after they have pointed out how your supposed "facts" are wrong. Like the media making a request for Gov. Palin's e-mails three months before she was chosen by Sen. McCain to be his running mate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies