Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2011, 09:21 AM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times

Advertisements

[MOD CUT]
You cannot just look at raw numbers, and ignore everything else, as if the massive deficit spending and 0bama policies have zero impact. 0bama is riding on the longest financial decline in almost a century, and looking at some statistics that do not reflect this, does not mean its simply normal, or that it's not 0bama's fault.

The president can destroy incentives for economic growth, by proposing and signing regulations that hamper growth, like signing 0bamaCare and the Dodd-Frank Financial Regulation. The president can cause havoc in the private sector by playing to corporate cronyism, and rewarding his chosen winners and punishing his chosen enemies. We are seeing this right now with 0bamaCare waivers and federal subsidies for green energy, and the full out attack on fossil fuel exploration and production.

The president, thru the executive branch, can also establish policies that starve our energy production to drive up the cost of energy, these negative effects will ripple throughout the economy, casing economic destruction.

The president can also push his agenda to spend, spend and spend, running up the national debt, printing trillions of dollars and monetizing the debt, renew his threats to create new tax increases and new oppressive regulations. all of these have caused businesses to shrink, to ride out the impending 0bama government storm.

Yes, the president can certainly cause the economy to falter, sputter and crash, and businesses to shrink to become as small a target as possible, in an attempt to avoid the gaze of the president’s attack dogs. 0bama has written the book on how destructive the government can be to the economy.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 06-10-2011 at 03:52 PM.. Reason: Deleted quoted post
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2011, 09:21 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,822,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Oh, I get it, when your guy is in the WH, it's Congress that's at fault. When the Dem in in the WH, it's the WH that's at fault because of not leading. Hmmm, something to think about there.
It's 2 against one, my friend Executive=D Senate=D House=R...count again. It was last time DDD across the board that gave us this fine mess Ollie.

Old 06-10-2011, 09:22 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times
Oh that's right.

Blame the GOP for the total and complete FAILURE of dem/lib policies.

Totally "expected" from the Left/media.

Just like blaming Bush didn't work, neither will this.

Old 06-10-2011, 09:25 AM

6,156 posts, read 7,218,316 times
Are Republicans Intentionally Sabotaging Economy For Political Gain? Of course they are. Why would they want the economy to improve under the watch of President Obama? A few top GOP leaders in congress came out and said that their goal was to make sure Obama would fail and not get re-elected. The GOP is playing politics with the lives of the American People when so many don't have a job. A strong growing economy would clearly lead to the re-election of Obama. Keep in mind the economy is improving even though its improving slowly. People don't realize how much Bush messed this country up. We were on the brink of a great depression and Obama stopped the economy from free falling. The bail outs did help btw. One thing to note is that while the economy is growing, its growing at a slower rate than a year ago. This slide seems to coincide with the GOP house take over in Washington. The GOP has been able to shut down the Obama agenda and thats whats hurting the economy, not Obama's policies.

Last edited by gsoboi78; 06-10-2011 at 09:35 AM..

Old 06-10-2011, 09:25 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Lol, nice try, this train wreck is all Dem. They controlled the legislative and executive branch. They havn't produced a budget in two years, the Republicans have no power. but yeah, it's all their fault.
Tax breaks for the rich (a Republican mantra) will trickle down as the gop swears that they will , so where are the jobs Boehner?

The rehetoric from the right never seems to address the fact that the GOP is doing nothing to help small business by urging banks to loosen credit.

How can you be so loyal to a bunch if crooks and liars that are enriching themselves and their cromies...unless of course, you are one of them?

You are playing right into their hands. There is a word for people that buy snake oil...SAPS.

Republicans have no power? I thought they controlled Congress...well, I'll be.

Old 06-10-2011, 09:28 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,806,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
QE is Quantitative Easing....the Fed printing money to pay our bills.
Quote:
You know folks, the finger pointing, name calling, blame and deflection is only going to get worse as we get closer to 2012.

But if you step back and look at the bigger picture, neither side knows what to do to fix this.
Oh they'll spout "cut this and cut that" or "invest in this and invest in that" but they're all guessing.
Quote:
We're on a crash course no matter who is in charge as the economy is really not under their control.

But they'd like to think it is.
Asking again, would you like to discuss my post (#83), instead of continuing the parrot the rhetoric?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Oh that's right.

Blame the GOP for the total and complete FAILURE of dem/lib policies.

Totally "expected" from the Left/media.

Just like blaming Bush didn't work, neither will this.
If you come here for discussion, how about you do more than you show? A good start would be to take my post (#83) and discuss it. I will look forward to it.

Old 06-10-2011, 09:28 AM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60sfemi View Post
ALL presidents work with the Fed Reserve re: printing of money. this isn't an Obama THING. Republicans have NEVER tried to stop insanity of any kind. they are perpetrators of insanity. The wars....were repub. sponsered and their wealthy constituants are the reason we are not out quite yet. Too much money floating around called "The spoils of war", Dems... they are as accountable for Iraq. They belived that WMD's were actually true, and they get a slap for stupidity in ever believing a Republican on ANY subject.
You guys still on that kick? The whole "Saddam is a danger with WMDs" was created and perfected by democrats, during the eight years of Clinton. Do we really need to go back and replay all the Clinton speeches that he, and the leading democrats, made to justify the numerous bombings in Iraq, over WMDs?

Old 06-10-2011, 09:31 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,447,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
You guys still on that kick? The whole "Saddam is a danger with WMDs" was created and perfected by democrats, during the eight years of Clinton. Do we really need to go back and replay all the Clinton speeches that he, and the leading democrats, made to justify the numerous bombings in Iraq, over WMDs?
By their track record, they most likely don't know anything about those events.

Old 06-10-2011, 09:33 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,806,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Saddam's WMD (if he had any left) were likely stocked up in the 1980s. But, how about you engage in a real discussion for a change... I would like to see one you take on my post (#83) than run around parroting like there is nothing left in life but to blame Obama and democrats for all ills this nation has ever seen.

Old 06-10-2011, 09:38 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post

If you come here for discussion, how about you do more than you show? A good start would be to take my post (#83) and discuss it. I will look forward to it.
Lucky for us, you don't get to dictate what is discussed.

You can try all you want to DEFLECT from obama's FAILURES, but he OWNS this economy, he OWNS the recovery.

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content...y.html?sid=101

Quote:
"That's my job, and it's a job I gladly accept. I love these folks who helped get us in this mess and then suddenly say, well, this is Obama's economy. That's fine. Give it to me."
Back in 2009. Since then, we have been under his policies.

The devastation of those policies is clear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies