Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2011, 02:57 PM

1,609 posts, read 1,077,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Actually after Ted Kennedy to got ill the Democrat lost their 60 seat majority in the Senate. That happened fairly early in the Obama administration.

It's also convenient for you NOT to point out the fact the Republicans filibusters over 400 pieces of legislation between 2009 and 2010. Including one measure where they initially denied healthcare to first responders of the 9/11 attacks before they bowed to poltical and public pressure.
Thank, God, they had the guts to stop the Dem. crap!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2011, 02:58 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,870,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
"Senators and Congressmen will come back in September afraid to vote against the American people," DeMint predicted, adding that "this health care issue Is D-Day for freedom in America."
"If we’re able to stop Obama on this it will be his Waterloo. It will break him," he said.
Yeah, too bad it wasn't. the American people want his ruinous piece of legislation repealed.

obama and the dems went against the will of the people, they paid for it in 2010, they will pay again in 2012 when the GOP takes back the Senate and hopefully the WH.

Old 06-10-2011, 03:04 PM

37,950 posts, read 22,053,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Keep waiting for a president and politicians that look out for the little guy...but don't hold your breath.
Just look for the candidates that the media despise, and ridicule, they may be a bit odd, but I'll bet you that a president Kucinich, Palin, Nader or Paul would actually care more about you and me, and less for the powerful elites that buy and sell most other politicians.

Old 06-10-2011, 03:04 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,284,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
The "green" solution is not a solution at all. All we have to do is look at countries like Spain to see the cost/results are disastrous.

Solar, wind have been touted for 40 years now. It is obvious they are not capable of providing the necessary energy this country needs.

There is NO reason to move away from oil, gal, coal in all it's many forms - it is abundant, reliable and cheap.
Your nuts, the price of oil is rising and it going to continue to rise as global demand rises.

As for coal, mining coal is environmentally hazardous and dangerous. And currently the concept of "Clean Coal" is nothing but a advertising slogan for the coal lobby.

And don't even start talking about hydro-fracking for natural gas. People by the thousands are getting sick and water is being contaminated by hydro-fracking.

Nobody is saying that solor and wind are they entire answer to solving the nation's energy problems by moving forward with them and lessening the dependence on coal, oil and natural gas is a hell of lot better than keeping the status quo.

Old 06-10-2011, 03:06 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,870,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Your nuts, the price of oil is rising and it going to continue to rise as global demand rises.

As for coal, mining coal is environmentally hazardous and dangerous. And currently the concept of "Clean Coal" is nothing but a advertising slogan for the coal lobby.

And don't even start talking about hydro-fracking for natural gas. People by the thousands are getting sick and water is being contaminated by hydro-fracking.

Nobody is saying that solor and wind are they entire answer to solving the nation's energy problems by moving forward with them and lessening the dependence on coal, oil and natural gas is a hell of lot better than keeping the status quo.
Ok then, let's just get rid of all our current sources of reliable energy - what would happen?

Oh, rising gas prices in the US is a result of obama's policy of crippling/decimating US production.

Oh, I'd watch it with the name calling.

Old 06-10-2011, 03:09 PM

12,999 posts, read 18,849,267 times
Sure they are. Wasn't the economy going strong, creating millions of jobs, before the November elections?

Old 06-10-2011, 03:10 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,001,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Just look for the candidates that the media despise, and ridicule, they may be a bit odd, but I'll bet you that a president Kucinich, Palin, Nader or Paul would actually care more about you and me, and less for the powerful elites that buy and sell most other politicians.
I don't find anyone you listed there as odd, except Palin.
I agree, they would actually care more about you and me,
except - once again, I have to single out Palin and say no
she's an "all about me kinda girl".

10,854 posts, read 9,284,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I think this visual displays the issue. The Repubs still deny and don't attempt to work to help correct the mistakes. It is a huge hole the American people are in, the Republican answer, is to make it deeper.

America's lost trillions in household wealth - Jun. 9, 2011
From the day he was inaugurated until he left office the Dow Jones industrial average declined 24%. That is a huge destruction of household wealth.

20,187 posts, read 23,803,836 times
I see... not to long ago when the DOW was higher... it was the economy is better because of Obama... now that the DOW is lower, it's the economy is worse because of the Republicans... is it any surprise that liberals think like they do? When is the last time a liberal blamed themselves for the problems they created? That should be a big clue...

Old 06-10-2011, 03:11 PM

2,226 posts, read 2,099,741 times
Angry So very sorry and contrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
LOL pal, crushed it. You should read it, it was pretty good. I see you still can't answer questions on your own, at least your consistent. I would think after that 12 years post you would take some time off.
I shouldn't be posting when I'm in a big hurry to get out the door, I meant Clinton/Bush Jr. Not the old man.....whom I admired...by the by. Not my politics but a good honest man who meant to do it all right but again ...it was the economy stupid...happening.

Do I get to play again???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies