Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2011, 02:32 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,939,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
I'm also defending muslim extremists and black panthers/black nationalists.
By conflating them you only distort the issue, particularly since you come off as enormously ignorant of Islamic extremism and black nationalism. Your long-winded defense of the murderers of innocents would only sound persuasive to a sociopath.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2011, 03:24 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,297,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunks_galore View Post
By conflating them you only distort the issue, particularly since you come off as enormously ignorant of Islamic extremism and black nationalism. Your long-winded defense of the murderers of innocents would only sound persuasive to a sociopath.
Or a bigot

Or an idiot

Old 06-11-2011, 03:32 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,201,702 times
Quote:
First, where was I "enormously ignorant" of islamic extremism and black nationalism? Sure, there are Islamic extremists who want to impose Sharia law on the world, but the vast majority of them(like the Hezbollahs and the Hamas) just want the Westerners to leave their lands and stop oppressing their people. As for Black nationalism, I think the name itself explains exactly what it is, in much the same way that White nationalism also gives it away.

Secondly, I'm not defending murder, I never mentioned murder at all. To pretend that by agreeing with a persons ideas that I am defending everything they do is silly. America has caused the deaths of millions and millions of people in the name of "spreading democracy" since WWII, our presence has caused the deaths of hundreds of thousands of people in the Middle-East as a result of our constant wars there. But are those deaths acceptable in the name of the supposed good we are doing there? To most they are. So don't pretend for a second you are riding in on any sort of moral high ground, you are no better than anyone else.

All I was trying to say is that, I actually understand what these groups want to accomplish, and I can understand why they want to achieve these things. Those people are not stupid, illogical, irrational, or ignorant like you people seem to want to believe. There are plenty of highly intelligent black nationalists, muslim extremists, and members of the KKK, and regardless of this knowledge and intelligence, they still feel strongly about their causes. From my experience, most people have no actual idea what these groups hope to accomplish and why. They are just trained to believe these groups are just bad and evil without even thinking for themselves, like Pavlovs dogs.

I understand that these groups don't want the same things, but in essence, they are all the same. They are all groups who want to protect their people and values from what they see as outsiders.

Last edited by Redshadowz; 06-11-2011 at 03:50 PM..

Old 06-11-2011, 03:54 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,939,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
First, where was I "enormously ignorant" of islamic extremism and black nationalism? Sure, there are Islamic extremists who want to impose Sharia law on the world, but the vast majority of them(like the Hezbollahs and the Hamas) just want the Westerners to leave their lands and stop oppressing their people. As for Black nationalism, I think the name itself explains exactly what it is, in much the same way that White nationalism also gives it away.

Secondly, I'm not defending murder, I never mentioned murder at all. To pretend that by agreeing with a persons ideas that I am defending everything they do is silly. America has caused the deaths of millions and millions of people in the name of "spreading democracy" since WWII, our presence has caused the deaths of hundreds of thousands of people in the Middle-East as a result of our constant wars there. But are those deaths acceptable in the name of the supposed good we are doing there? To most they are. So don't pretend for a second you are riding in on any sort of moral high ground, you are no better than anyone else.

All I was trying to say is that, I actually understand what these groups want to accomplish, and I can understand why they want to achieve these things. Those people are not stupid, illogical, irrational, or ignorant like you people seem to want to believe. There are plenty of highly intelligent black nationalists, muslim extremists, and members of the KKK, and regardless of this knowledge and intelligence, they still feel strongly about their causes. From my experience, most people have no actual idea what these groups hope to accomplish and why. They are just trained to believe these groups are just bad and evil without even thinking for themselves, like Pavlovs dogs.

I certainly have the moral high ground over people who think that blacks are subhuman scum, that non-Muslims are viable targets for murder, or that all whites are evil, racist devils.

I don't think in black and white, or in good and evil, but I recognize when people are fanatical and/or misguided, when their beliefs lead to violence and hatred. You are as presumptuous as those you decry, and your argument amounts to nothing but senseless apologism.

Old 06-11-2011, 04:55 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,201,702 times
Quote:
I certainly have the moral high ground over people who think that blacks are subhuman scum, that non-Muslims are viable targets for murder, or that all whites are evil, racist devils.
Last time I checked, I don't believe that the KKK thinks blacks aren't human, they just believe that blacks are genetically different enough from whites that each group could be considered separate human sub-species(or at least a race). This isn't exactly an illogical position, if you actually understand what a sub-species or race is(I get so tired of people telling us we are all the human race, these people obviously have no clue what the definition of a race is).

I can't think of any muslims who seriously want to kill off all non-muslims. If there are, they certainly aren't a mainstream group. There are muslims who believe that the killing of Americans is justified for political or military goals. On the other hand, our military thinks it is perfectly legal to assassinate their political enemies(which they brand as terrorists) and disregard the civilian deaths as just collateral damage who don't matter. Lastly, I don't believe that blacks believe that whites are all evil, racist devils. The concept of Black nationalism is not about painting whites as all evil, but merely that whites are different, their goals are different, their values are different. The Black nationalists believe that blacks could only live in a fair system if they were the leaders and adminstrators of that system. That whites and blacks see themselves are separate groups, and will always be looking out for themselves to the detriment of other groups. Therefore, blacks and whites can never live under the same system and have any actual equality(which should be obvious to anyone with a braind). So to me, Black nationalism is perfectly logical and rational.

Quote:
I don't think in black and white, or in good and evil, but I recognize when people are fanatical and/or misguided, when their beliefs lead to violence and hatred. You are as presumptuous as those you decry, and your argument amounts to nothing but senseless apologism.
People always assume anyone who thinks differently than themselves is misguided. As for violence and hatred, no one likes violence or hatred. I don't believe PETA, who attacks people wearing fur coats, sees themselves as evil, violent, or misguided. They see what they do as necessary to stop other people from doing things they see as evil. The anti-abortion people who attack abortion doctors don't see themselves as evil, they see themselves as good people, as protectors. They see what they are doing as necessary to stop what they see as evil people, from harming the innocent.

All I am trying to say is that, I get tired of people who have no idea what people actually want, or what they stand for, to sit around criticizing them as misguided or evil, when they don't actually want to think of the situation for themselves.

This country has hundreds of militia groups, what do you think would happen if China or Iran had military bases here? Do you honestly believe that those militia groups wouldn't basically take the form of muslim extremists in trying to run those "foreigners" out of the country? What would happen if China had military bases in California, and were patrolling the streets of Compton or East LA to stop interethnic violence, and they ended up killing a bunch of Civilians. Do you really think those militia groups wouldn't feel justified in using violence against either the Chinese military, or China itself in response to what they see as occupiers, oppressors, or murderers? They might even feel justified because they hope that their violence might stop future violence against "their people", because their intent is to get the Chinese to leave this country.

I completely understand that you don't like these kinds of groups because you don't agree with their politics. Which is perfectly understandable. What irritates me is that no one actually wants to discuss these issues, they just want to sit around calling people names, like bigot or racist in an attempt to silence them. When in reality, the real ignorance is actually coming from the people that are themselves trying to brand everyone else as ignorant. But since that position is the more popular/common position, you get a bunch of your boyfriends on these forums and elsewhere, sitting around high-fiving each other while passing out verbal insults without actually attempting to discuss the issue.

Old 06-11-2011, 10:41 PM

1,811 posts, read 1,209,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Seems they share some talking points with the Congressional majority.

Can the Ku Klux Klan really 'rebrand' themselves?
They don't go by the letters KKK anymore, they have a new handle - DNC

Old 06-11-2011, 10:44 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,190,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Sure did. And they all switched parties after Civil Rights legislation passed in the 1960s. It's not where they came from, it's where they ended up.

you mean the same democrat party that fought against republicans about desegregation. that was the democrat party too. seems the democrat party already has plenty to be shameful of.

Old 06-11-2011, 11:05 PM

1,495 posts, read 2,298,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
They're now called the Krugman Keynesian Klan.

Same oppressive philosophy, but now these racists are also invading your wallet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffington View Post
They don't go by the letters KKK anymore, they have a new handle - DNC
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
you mean the same democrat party that fought against republicans about desegregation. that was the democrat party too. seems the democrat party already has plenty to be shameful of.
My brain just self-destructed. My body will have to go it alone now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies