Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2011, 04:13 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,042,433 times

Advertisements

Comparing a woman's right to control her reproductive life to government run health care, or privately run health care......putting medical guidelines in place, due to monetary restrictions, is a complete FAIL. Give it up.

BUT, if you insist on comparing the two............

Healthcare providers, government run or privately run........cannot stop you from paying cash on the line for any healthcare service you may require......much as those seeking an abortion are required to do now.

Old 06-10-2011, 04:16 PM

2,549 posts, read 2,722,455 times
Default Since when is that strictly left?

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
The pot calling the kettle black. The Dems have had full control of everything for the last six years and most people feel like they've had their pockets picked, bank accounts raided and jobs driven out of country. GM not paying any taxes, Wall Street handing out record bonuses, QE being a complete failure, ALL on Obamas watch is proof of the hypocrisy of your claims.

The left mantra of "when in doubt lie" is getting old. Comparing birth control to abortion isn't just reaching, it's on dilithium crystals at warp 5 out in space reaching. If the right were too clearly pro birth control, you'd say they were supporting genecide. Just another GAEL filling his sails.
Well dagonnit! Let's get back to those good, old honest Republicans cause they have our best interest in mind...right?

Old 06-10-2011, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronOB View Post
Idiots are Democrats!Anything is going wrong the last two years.Period!
Idiocy is nonpartisan...

Old 06-10-2011, 04:19 PM

Default Fiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronOB View Post
I can repeat again, dems are dumb morons and have destroyed the US, only Palin can still save it.
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha...

This post belongs with HAARP, Vapor Trails, UFOs and all the other conspiracy theories...

Old 06-10-2011, 04:31 PM

5,000 posts, read 8,214,988 times
LOL @ "only Palin can still save it". I can't believe I just read something like that. I just wanted to jump in and leave a few facepalms for that gem

Carry on...

Old 06-10-2011, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
Banning abortions and banning birth control are just strategy items. The ultimate goal is to have control over the lives of women.
The ultimate effect appears to be control...in general. A populace with no control is likely moving towards, or at, a state of anarchy. So control (not just of women) through any means necessary / available is effective. Fear, for one, is pretty effective.

Now you can put that with the other conspiracy theories...or can you?

Old 06-10-2011, 04:51 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,040,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
The pot calling the kettle black. The Dems have had full control of everything for the last six years.
I not only do I find the politics of his argument egregiously erroneous but mathematically as well.

Now correct me if I am wrong, but two years ago wasn't the president a Republican (asides about what kind of Republican notwithstanding). Also, if the last two years has taught us anything, even when numerically holding majorities in both houses of the Congress, a minority party can be pretty effective at blocking the majority party's political agenda so it begs the question as to what "controlling everything" means in the real world.

Old 06-10-2011, 05:42 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,146,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sman View Post
I'm a Conservative and pro-life, but birth control is NOT abortion. It simply prevents a pregnancy from occurring, which in turn lowers abortion rates.

But things should be done to lower abortion rates such as encouraging people to be responsible and use birth control. I don't support abortion being totally legal for any cases and for any reason, but for cases where the pregnancy poses a risk to the mother's life and rape.
Ok, let's get back to abortion since this IS

The ABORTION THREAD which so many posters have forgottoen.

Why is abortion different in cases of rape than other abortions????

Last edited by Who?Me?!; 06-10-2011 at 05:54 PM..

Old 06-10-2011, 05:49 PM

18,383 posts, read 19,015,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Ok, let's get back to abortion since this

The ABORTION THREAD which so many posters have forgottoen.

Why is abortion different in cases of rape than other abortions????
because some anti choicers finally find their compassion bone. which really makes them pro choice

Old 06-10-2011, 05:59 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,146,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
because some anti choicers finally find their compassion bone. which really makes them pro choice
Ya, but they want the choice to be THEIRs NOT the pregnant woman's...

Another question these dimbulbs can't ever answer is, Why do they think abortions will end if abortion is made illegal....?

When logic hits them they get all kerfuddled!

Last edited by Who?Me?!; 06-10-2011 at 06:20 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies