Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2011, 12:24 PM

1,677 posts, read 1,667,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
a woman has the right to control her own reproductive system, simple as that.

If she has an unwanted pregnancy, she is not controlling her reproductive system, simple as that.

Old 06-10-2011, 12:25 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,832,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roofis View Post
In discussion with friends those staunchly prolife, and those staunchly pro-choice have told me that my position is without merit I must choose sides. I dont see it, what say you.

I PERSONALLY do not believe in abortion. Meaning that if I had impregnated my wife before marriage I would do everything in my power fiscally, emotionally, and support wise to see that the child was born in a safe, healthy, and loving environment. HOWEVER, just because this is my belief doesnt mean that my belief should be thrust on A FREE nation. I dont see how a free society can outlaw abortion. John Kerry had the same position and the right wing called him a flip flopper! What am I missing here!
As one of our greatest Presidents put it: "I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion .. Has already been born"!

Yep .. Pro abortionists can't have it any other way .. THEY are the Hypocrites!

OR .. If given the opportunity .. Would they have actually voted for their parents to abort them .. for ANY reason?

Old 06-10-2011, 12:27 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,126,788 times
If you are pro-life and support the criminalization of abortion, you have no business calling yourself a conservative, because you aren't.

Old 06-10-2011, 12:27 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,008,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet_ohara View Post
If she has an unwanted pregnancy, she is not controlling her reproductive system, simple as that.
lets be obtuse shall we and ignore the facts of rape, incest and birth control failure

Old 06-10-2011, 12:29 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,142,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bendbeaver View Post
LMAO!

And pro-life zealots wonder why they've already lost this debate on a national level. For 40 years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Human rights is not a "debate." This isn't some game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Then WHY do you continue to DEBATE it????
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
He said that we "lost" it. A. He's wrong, as more people are pro-life and B. If we did "lose" the debate, then do I just "shut up" about fetacide? That's what you guys want anyway, you don't want the innocent pre-born baby to have an advocate, a voice.
You said, "Human rights is not a debate", You then continued to debate it!!!!!!

but, you're right every woman deserves human rights and YOU are trying to have them taken away...

Old 06-10-2011, 12:30 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,095,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
You aren't missing anything.
In fact, this is the way I expect most thinking Americans view it.

I am fundamentally opposed to abortion. I was pro-choice before I experienced the birth of my own child, and still am, but the reasons changed. I now see it as the immoral act of violence that it is, to terminate a life before it ever had a chance to live.

Now I am pro-choice for all the reasons you state above - I think it should not be the government's business to get involved in such decisions.

With all due respect, that's some seriously twisted logic.

You agree that it is murder, but the government should not interfere with it? Have I got that right?

Old 06-10-2011, 12:31 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,008,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
As one of our greatest Presidents put it: "I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion .. Has already been born"!

Yep .. Pro abortionists can't have it any other way .. THEY are the Hypocrites!

OR .. If given the opportunity .. Would they have actually voted for their parents to abort them .. for ANY reason?
care to clarify your stance? are you against abortion for any reason or are you o with it in case of rape or the health of the mother.

given the choice...a fetus can not think or feel, would I care if my parents would of aborted me? I wouldn't know nor would I care because I would not have the ability to reason

Old 06-10-2011, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
I knew you never looked up that big word "choice' in the dictionary yet.

See, what Scott did is what repugs want to do, take away a women's reproductive rights.

He took away her right to choose to have the baby as you and others want to take away her right to not have the baby.

It is HER body and HE interferred...exactly as YOU want to do.

You're not using logic, just engaging in ad hominems. The pro abortion argument is that it is not a life, it is the womans body; that was hulamaui's argument. So my point was, if it's the womans body, why was Peterson charged with TWO murders, if it is not a life? Either it is, or it isn't.

Are you saying, that yes, it is a life, but the mom should have the right to murder it? Just want to be clear on what you believe.

Old 06-10-2011, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
None that you seem to be able to grasp.

No attempt whatsoever to discuss my point, just an ad hominem.

Old 06-10-2011, 12:34 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,142,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet_ohara View Post
If she has an unwanted pregnancy it means only one thing...she is HUMAN.

Don't like that? Well , TAKE IT UP WITH WHATEVER created HUMANS ..it made them flawed, it GOOFED...NO reason we should have to pay the price for IT'S mistakes...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies