Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2015, 02:01 AM

1,034 posts, read 1,338,951 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
I guess someone forgot to tell all those liberals living in ethnically diverse cities like New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, San Francisco...

Also the OPs premise(and preceding comments) seem to assume that all liberals are white...
Okay I am not agreeing with most on this thread one way or another, but I challenge you to go back and read the "preceding comments" again and point which one said all liberals are white...could it be that they are just talking about the liberals they know that ARE white? jeeze sensitive much?

Old 02-05-2015, 08:20 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
We did fine before there was a welfare state.
Yes, if you consider the Third World-like conditions of many of our pre- and Depression-era rural areas and cities to be "doing fine."

Old 02-05-2015, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanSpartan View Post
No, we do not and we also do not call people who refuse to live among violence, poverty, crime, failed schools, ect "racist" for doing so...
You're right. I don't want to live in those conditions either. The racists are the ones who don't want to live with people of different ethnic origins than theirs no matter their income or lifestyle.

Old 02-05-2015, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Votre_Chef View Post
I have the feeling either a cross burning or a troll convention would be a sight of pride to you. Not sure which, but doesn't matter either way.
Probably both.........

Old 02-05-2015, 09:41 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
I too noticed that liberals almost NEVER practice what they preach about diversity. I am convinced that there are 2 groups of liberals in America today: the ruling class liberals that manipulate what we see and hear in the media and learn in school, and the average Joe liberal that honestly thinks he is enlightened and charitable and forward-thinking.

The ruling group knows reality all too well, and they preach the liberal doctrine because it is the key to keeping Big Government power and wealth in America today. They themselves aren't going to put up the crime, danger, and increased cost of living in a "diverse" city neighborhood--but they WILL force lowly citizens to suffer those costs. After all, by lowering the quality of life for the average citizen, it makes their extreme wealth and power all the more striking. They'll use their Big Businesses to avoid taxes altogether, while approving more and more taxes on the lowly working class. They'll tell the working class to carpool to work, after arriving to the event in a Lear jets and pocketing a $100,000 speaking fee.

The second group, the average Joe liberal, thinks the Democrat Party and the liberal press are the authority figures that he must follow. He is similar to the religious person: "tell me what to think, and I'll lay my life down in support of it." For neither the religious nut nor the Average Joe Liberal can you try to discuss specifics, or point out the results of studies or analyses, or examine the details of why they believe this or that. They have gotten the CONCLUSION from their authority figures; they don't know the details or the thought process behind ideas like "diversity is great," and they will absolutely refuse to look at evidence which contradicts their beliefs--even when it is put in front of them. Every bit of evidence that doesn't support their position is a lie, no matter what. But every claim made by the liberal media is absolute truth--despite being backed up by nothing but the unsubstantiated claim of the writer/speaker. For this reason, I often see conservatives post citations, studies, analyses, etc. to support their claim, while liberals respond with posts consisting of nothing but "you're wrong." To a liberal, they think their unsubstantiated opinion is as valuable as a citation of a peer-reviewed study that is citied by experts in the field for years afterward as a valid and valuable work.
Try to stay on topic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies