Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2011, 05:41 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,381,561 times

Advertisements

As a CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER of the school district, she is not a "Union Teacher" as stated in the OP. Closer to a politician that a teacher.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2011, 05:53 PM

30,345 posts, read 51,930,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
Who really cares if she's in administration or a teacher? She still gets the same pension paid for compliments of the Illinois taxpayers. Do you really think she should be earning more than the Governor of Illinois? More than the Mayor of Chicago? More than the Secretary General of the United Nations? Good lord, man. Does your blind allegiance to your party know no bounds?

Illinois Loop: Salaries and Pensions
It makes a HUGE difference, since you're basically comparing the salary of a CEO to what their janitor should be making. And how do you know that poster's political party, not to mention how is this a party issue? I still don't get that last part, and I'm a union member myself!

Old 06-10-2011, 06:08 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,325,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
It makes a HUGE difference, since you're basically comparing the salary of a CEO to what their janitor should be making. And how do you know that poster's political party, not to mention how is this a party issue? I still don't get that last part, and I'm a union member myself!
That last bolded sentence says it all. And please, I've been posting on this board long enough to know that ovcotto is of the liberal political persuasion. You'd have to be living in a cave on this board not to know that. Which political party is it that fully supports public unions' excessive pay and benefits? Hint: It isn't the republicans or anyone with a fiscally responsible bone in their body.

Linda Yonke is a district administrator. If you think her pay, being higher than that of the Governor of Illinois, Mayor of Chicago, and Secretary General of the UN, is appropriate, then you are as hopeless as Ovcotto. She isn't the CEO of some Fortune 500 company, she a district administrator of a suburban school district in Illinois.

Old 06-10-2011, 06:27 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,844,197 times
Quote:
That last bolded sentence says it all. And please, I've been posting on this board long enough to know that ovcotto is of the liberal political persuasion. You'd have to be living in a cave on this board not to know that. Which political party is it that fully supports public unions' excessive pay and benefits? Hint: It isn't the republicans or anyone with a fiscally responsible bone in their body.

Linda Yonke is a district administrator. If you think her pay, being higher than that of the Governor of Illinois, Mayor of Chicago, and Secretary General of the UN, is appropriate, then you are as hopeless as Ovcotto. She isn't the CEO of some Fortune 500 company, she a district administrator of a suburban school district in Illinois.
I believe it would be the Board of Education for the district that is setting the salary for the district administrator. The district is in one of the wealthiest areas of Illinois. So in my opinion this district, because of their wealth, is willing to pay more than most other districts.

Old 06-10-2011, 06:57 PM

30,345 posts, read 51,930,608 times
Quote:

I have no idea who this Ovcotto person is, I rarely participate on this forum (at least not in recent times), and I'm only a union member because I have no choice... I've never voted in a Union election, have never attended a meeting or protest, and couldn't care less about all of this BS. Seems like you non-union folks care more about it than most of us do, LOL. I'm just trying to make a living, like anyone else, and union jobs are the only ones available in my field these days. So blah blah blah to your post, as it's all gibberish to me anyway. Now what do you have to say to me??

Old 06-10-2011, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
I believe it would be the Board of Education for the district that is setting the salary for the district administrator. The district is in one of the wealthiest areas of Illinois. So in my opinion this district, because of their wealth, is willing to pay more than most other districts.
I don't care who sets the salary since it's the taxpayers of Illinois who are on the hook for her pension and lifelong health care costs. And unlike the rest of the posters in this thread, I *live* in Illinois and know full well that Winnetka is a wealthy district. That doesn't mean squat. Take a look at the district administrators' salaries in poorer areas (randomly picking poor neighborhoods):

Cicero, IL SD99 (majority hispanic neighborhood):
Quote:
Name: Adamic, Donna
Salary: $211,768
Position: District Superintendent
Full/Part Time: Fulltime
Percent Time Employed: 100%
Assignment: Administration
Years Teaching: 13
Degree: Master's
School Name: Cicero SD 99
District Name: Cicero SD 99
Maywood Proviso Twp HSD 209 (majority black neighborhood)
Quote:
Name: Collins-Hart, Nettie
Salary: $225,165
Position: District Superintendent
Full/Part Time: Fulltime
Percent Time Employed: 100%
Assignment: Administration
Years Teaching: 26
Degree: Doctorate
School Name: Proviso Twp HSD 209
District Name: Proviso Twp HSD 209

Old 06-10-2011, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
I have no idea who this Ovcotto person is, I rarely participate on this forum (at least not in recent times), and I'm only a union member because I have no choice... I've never voted in a Union election, have never attended a meeting or protest, and couldn't care less about all of this BS. Seems like you non-union folks care more about it than most of us do, LOL. I'm just trying to make a living, like anyone else, and union jobs are the only ones available in my field these days. So blah blah blah to your post, as it's all gibberish to me anyway. Now what do you have to say to me??
Well if you rarely frequent this board, don't question how I know another poster's political persuasion. Us "non-union" folks have every right to care about this since it's OUR tax dollars that go to pay for this BS. In case you hadn't heard (and I'll give you the benefit of the doubt since you DON'T live in Illinois), we just got slapped with a 2% income tax hike this year. It's because of gross excess such as public sector union pensions that have driven our state towards insolvency. Yes, I care, and Yes, I have every right to care as an Illinois taxpayer.

Old 06-10-2011, 07:34 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,479,903 times
I wonder if New Trier being one of the richest of Chicagoland's districts (serving the north shore) has anything to do with the pay. I don't know, I'm just thinking out loud.

Old 06-10-2011, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
I wonder if New Trier being one of the richest of Chicagoland's districts (serving the north shore) has anything to do with the pay. I don't know, I'm just thinking out loud.
See post #16.

Old 06-10-2011, 07:41 PM

30,063 posts, read 18,660,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
New Trier High School employees and retirees live high on taxpayer dollars

“New Trier’s public school employees are really raking it in," said Tobin. "The largest salary goes to Linda Yonke, of New Trier Twp HSD 203, whose annual salary is $266,420. Donald Goers, also of New Trier Twp HSD 203, is close behind, making $244,397."

“New Trier’s retired public school teachers in the Teachers Retirement System (TRS) are also getting rich" said Tobin. "The largest annual TRS pension goes to Henry Bangser, formerly of New Trier Dist. 203, whose annual pension is a staggering $261,680 -- $21,806 a month. Robert Larsen, also formerly of New Trier Dist. 203, already has received a total pension payout of $1,849,614.

Their solution...

Ending pensions for all new government hires will eventually eliminate unfunded government pensions; putting new government hires into social security and 401(k)s would achieve this.

Sounds good to me. The truth is slowly coming out.

Here's something else I just thought. My retirement and others who use the 401K rules have their retirement tied to the stock market while those who receives government pensions don't. Their money seems to be guaranteed - but ours is not. And are they tied down to early withdrawal penalties?

Can someone clear this up about pensions? Are they subject to the markets? And do they have early withdrawal penalties?

Whatever the case may be on those, government union employees are not paying for their pensions.
Is this correct?
Illinois is a corrupt, lawless state controlled by the trial lawyers association, the democratic machine, and the unions- the unholy trinity. It is no wonder that buisnesses are seeking to leave the state. Having lived in Illinois, I can tell you that it is similar to Mexico, in that corruption on every level of government is taken as a given and is considered perfectly normal. It is liberal hell on earth.

When you cross state borders from Illinois, suddenly the roads are well maintained. People in surrounding states (exclude Kentucky) are literate and educated, in contrast to the products of the Illinois school system. It is a great place to leave. No wonder Obama came from there, as he is a perfect example of an Illinois politician- corrupt and ineffective.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies