Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2011, 03:22 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,850,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayulita View Post
Again OP, I ask without anger. Please provide documentation of the attacks and riots you say happen(ed). You can't just throw that out as fact without backing it up.
Did you read this thread alone? I can't even count how many people attacked me just for bringing up the subject when I said nothing inflammatory whatsoever. If you want pages of examples just search here on CD, you can't talk about the token subjects like race and homosexuality without getting attacked by those who don't care about discussion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2011, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
What is your final goal?
To do my part in educating people on the truth behind equality and to teach the next generation that they can be equal and "normal" without having exclusionary events and holidays dedicated to their minority group. Black people shouldn't want or need a black pride parade or month, they should be proud 365 days a year while working to better their community, every race or group of people should do the same.

Old 06-12-2011, 03:24 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,663,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
If you want pages of examples just search here on CD, you can't talk about the token subjects like race and homosexuality without getting attacked by those who don't care about discussion.
Yes, you can talk about it all you want, but other people have a right to disagree with you if they want to.

Are you saying you want to have a platform where no one disagrees with you? Perhaps you should create your own personal blog because it sounds like you don't like people challenging your statements.

Quote:
Black people shouldn't want or need a black pride parade or month, they should be proud 365 days a year while working to better their community, every race or group of people should do the same.
So, you're speaking for all black people now?

Old 06-12-2011, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Yes, you can talk about it all you want, but other people have a right to disagree with you if they want to.

Are you saying you want to have a platform where no one disagrees with you? Perhaps you should create your own personal blog because it sounds like you don't like people challenging your statements.
Disagreeing with someone and attacking them are 2 very different things, the TOS of CD clearly states that you should attack the idea, not the messenger which clearly isn't what took place here.

Old 06-12-2011, 03:27 PM

Quote:
So, you're speaking for all black people now?
I didn't say that now did I? I'm speaking for myself, I still have that right don't I? When would you like to begin discussing this subject instead of attacking me?

Old 06-12-2011, 03:30 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,299,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
Me, as well as other posters have pointed out the differences. I don't believe in special government sanctioned rules or months or days for any race, including white. So stop twisting ****.
Well maybe there would be no need for Black Hisotry Month, Latino History Month or Asian History Month if White Americans didn't spend so much time denigrating the contributions of other groups or even denying the contributions of other groups. The right of other groups of people to commemorate their historical legacies would be needed IF THOSE HISTORICAL LEGACIES WEREN'T IGNORED OR DENIGRATED BY MANY WHITE AMERICANS FIRST!

The reality is most educational cirriculums in grades K-12 don't give the average American child near the historical insights of the contributions of non-White Americans.

Old 06-12-2011, 03:31 PM

Quote:
I didn't say that now did I? I'm speaking for myself, I still have that right don't I? When would you like to begin discussing this subject instead of attacking me?
Give me a break. Disagreeing with your words isn't equivalent to a personal attack.

You said black people "shouldn't want or need" a black pride parade or month. But what if some of them do? They have a right to do it, just as you have a right to organize a parade of your own. If you don't like it, no one's forcing you to participate in it.

Old 06-12-2011, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Well maybe there would be no need for Black Hisotry Month, Latino History Month or Asian History Month if White Americans didn't spend so much time denigrating the contributions of other groups or even denying the contributions of other groups. The right of other groups of people to commemorate their historical legacies would be needed IF THOSE HISTORICAL LEGACIES WEREN'T IGNORED OR DENIGRATED BY MANY WHITE AMERICANS!
Where's the proof that what you're claiming actually happens? I went to pubic school, I learned about American history and it wasn't just about white people. I guess some of us look at American history and realize that it's made up by all races and then some look at it with a racist mindset and they want to single out certain races.

Old 06-12-2011, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Give me a break. Disagreeing with your words isn't equivalent to a personal attack.

You said black people "shouldn't want or need" a black pride parade or month. But what if some of them do? They have a right to do it, just as you have a right to organize a parade of your own. If you don't like it, no one's forcing you to participate in it.
I'm not trying to stop anyone from doing anything, I'm simply asking why some groups feel the need to have race or minority group specific events when all they want is to be equal and treated like everyone else. If I wanted to be treated like everyone else around me I wouldn't throw a party with the sole purpose of pointing out how different or special I think I am.

Old 06-12-2011, 03:40 PM

Quote:
I'm not trying to stop anyone from doing anything, I'm simply asking why some groups feel the need to have race or minority group specific events when all they want is to be equal and treated like everyone else. If I wanted to be treated like everyone else around me I wouldn't throw a party with the sole purpose of pointing out how different or special I think I am.
Most people like to associate with others who share their interests and backgrounds. You must also be frustrated with Jewish schools, Irish Day Parades, and the Special Olympics.

We're not all the same in every way, and I don't know anyone who says that we are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies