Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2011, 08:20 PM

88,983 posts, read 44,799,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
why do people need a sugar daddy employer that provides all things? if you are that talented then start your own business like us Americans always have.geeze get some guts
But that's too h-a-r-d (imagine that said in the most whiney voice possible). Playing the fake "victim" card is so much easier.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2011, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
um no.. thank your employees for making you wealthy.. NOBODY is self made..
you may be rich, but with your attitude you can sweep your own damn floors, clean your own bathrooms, answer your own phones, make your own sales...
I see. You're an Obama kind of guy: Jobs are bad; unemployment is good.

Old 06-12-2011, 08:24 PM

13,005 posts, read 18,901,622 times
Thank you for making contributions to my campaign. I am now in your pocket as long as you keep making them.

Old 06-12-2011, 08:27 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,917,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I see. You're an Obama kind of guy: Jobs are bad; unemployment is good.
what?!?!

try using your brain next time....

Old 06-12-2011, 08:29 PM

Quote:
what?!?!

try using your brain next time....
Um... you just dissed actual jobs. What about that do you not get?

Old 06-12-2011, 08:35 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,456,406 times
Quote:
um no.. thank your employees for making you wealthy.. NOBODY is self made..
you may be rich, but with your attitude you can sweep your own damn floors, clean your own bathrooms, answer your own phones, make your own sales...
And those people can now eat because someone had an idea that worked and employees people. Tomorrow, I expect you to go into your owner's office and tell him how you really feel about him giving you a job. You can look forward to a lot more CD time...

Quote:
recognize! a rich person is nothing without the people that buy their products and services, and work in their companies.. YOU OWE THEM THANKS... check yourself! because your products and services and jobs can be dumped like a bad habit and you won't have a pot to p*ss in either!
And the people that buy those products wouldn't have them without that CEO and his idea/ideas.

Old 06-12-2011, 08:39 PM

3,400 posts, read 8,029,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirchBarlow View Post
THANK YOU for taking the risks and spending the capital to start a business.

THANK YOU for providing me with a product and/or service I need- Pfft unless they actually made the product, I dont give the owner of a business credit

THANK YOU for giving me a job. Oh goody. Something to slave away at.

THANK YOU for paying me a decent salary. Decent? What are you smoking?

THANK YOU for providing me and my family with generous health benefits. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHA!!!!!!!! WHAT health benefits?!?!

THANK YOU for paying exorbitant taxes so me and my family can collect government benefits and services we neither need nor deserve.

Yes, because all of us are on govt. services. Thank you SO much massa, we sho' nuff does 'preciate it! Anything else we's can gets fo' you Massa? PUH-LEASE!
THANK YOU for not laying me off despite the terrible economy. And without workers you would be??? Broke?

THANK YOU for letting me work 40 hours/week and have nights/weekends off.

Again.....BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA! I work shift work. There's no such thing on a regular basis of a night off, much less weekends.

THANK YOU for working while I'm playing. Oh brother...Ive seen what executives call 'working'. Golf doesnt count.

THANK YOU for accepting smaller profits rather than laying me off.
Heaven forbid you profit less....
THANK YOU for giving me paid vacation days.

ZOMG now this is a hoot!

THANK YOU for paying money towards my retirement benefits.

^ Also a hoot.

THANK YOU for buying expensive goods and services, ensuring I still have a job.
I believe I would thank my customers this...not my boss.
See how it works? Instead of beating people over the head who make $250,000+ a year and calling them greedy for not wanting to part with more of their income.
How about arrogant?

Old 06-12-2011, 08:45 PM

2,409 posts, read 3,040,813 times
This has got to be the most pathetic post I've ever seen. Thank you all the rich robber baron families like the Rockefellers who plundered, pillaged, and otherwise stole from people already living on this land. I mean where the hell do you think capital comes from? You think it grows on trees? It comes from NATURE i.e. NATURAL RESOURCES! No one person owns the natural resources from mother earth. Hence no rich person is self made considering at one time or another way down the ladder of history it took natural resources to build capital.

If you're a caveman living in the dawn of time.......what did you do? Go out and pick capital off the trees? No you worked at hunting, at fighting other cavemen for resources, you took what you needed and what you wanted to survive. Do you suggest we rise up and steal from the rich caveman style? After all that's how most wealth was created in centuries past. It was stolen from others. I guarantee you I could probably beat the snot out of the rich guys I know and steal all their wealth. Most are pansies. LMAO! What is with this OPer? Every other post he's paying lip service to the rich.

Old 06-12-2011, 08:45 PM

1,495 posts, read 2,299,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
Op is a troll. well established.
I would like to believe this person is just trolling for sh*ts and giggles, but no, I fear that we're dealing with the real thing here. This is a real and disturbing contingent of our society.

Old 06-12-2011, 08:46 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,917,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Um... you just dissed actual jobs. What about that do you not get?
what jobs??? there aren't any jobs!!!!
you're supporting those that are offering them to have slaves that should be indebted to them.. which is ridiculous.. employer/employee is a mutual thing.. both benefit the other.. it's not about.. "HA! you owe me for giving you a job" it's about.. "thank-you for giving me a job and thank YOU for doing the job and doing it well!

don't misunderstand my position...
everyone knows what it's like to have a terrible job or work for someone that's terrible.. they destroy themselves and their business eventually..
You can have the best product in the world, but stand for terrible principles and a consumer boycott of your product will ruin you.. there is a mutual respect that is in order.. the OP made it one sided.. and it so isn't.
If you think you can get away with it.. go right ahead and we'll see just how sucessful YOU end up.. even if you have the best idea in the world.. you'll fall flat on your face..

if you have any real world experience in running a business, and employing people you would know this..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies