Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2011, 10:27 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,571,721 times

Advertisements

Can someone please explain this to me?

I have been trying to understand why some people are so excited about reading her email.

She is no threat to Democrats/Leftists/etc. She may consider running for President but we all know she will not be nominated.

So why are we wasting time investigating Palin and her 2008 campaign emails and whatnot when we could be investigating other more important things like WHY our debt is so high among millions of other things?

What a waste. Who cares? Move on. She is history when it comes to elections and whatnot. If the woman talks now, let her talk. Who cares? Her "job" now is to rally the base for Republican Party and she is doing it.

Agreed?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2011, 10:31 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,458,172 times
The left needs a poster child so they can label the entire right as looney. This isn't a new tactic, they've been doing it for years.

You'll hear many times about how stupid conservatives are and how no one with a degree could ever be a conservative.

It says more about those people and their own self-consciousness than anything else.

Old 06-12-2011, 10:32 PM

20,329 posts, read 19,921,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post

I have been trying to understand why some people are so excited about reading her email.

She is no threat to Democrats/Leftists/etc. She may consider running for President but we all know she will not be nominated.

So why are we wasting time investigating Palin and her 2008 campaign emails and whatnot when we could be investigating other more important things like WHY our debt is so high among millions of other things?

What a waste. Who cares? Move on. She is history when it comes to elections and whatnot. If the woman talks now, let her talk. Who cares? Her "job" now is to rally the base for Republican Party and she is doing it.

Agreed?
Agree. But without her we'll have to go back to being buried under Glenn Beck threads.

It's a no-win situation.

Old 06-12-2011, 10:33 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,830,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post

Agreed?
Because she may have committed a violation while in office and attempted to cover it up. Of course the emails have been heavily censored, so it's politicians protecting politicians. This isn't anything new. Nothing will come of it, I imagine. Maybe you're right. We should just let politicians get away with whatever they can get away with in ofice. Once they're out, leave 'em alone.

Like this guy.

Rod Blagojevich - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Who cares? Right?

P.S. Rod was a Democrat and scum. So, the arguments about left/right look pretty stupid. I'm glad he went down. The less corruption, the better.

Old 06-13-2011, 08:22 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,205,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
The left needs a poster child so they can label the entire right as looney. This isn't a new tactic, they've been doing it for years.

You'll hear many times about how stupid conservatives are and how no one with a degree could ever be a conservative.

It says more about those people and their own self-consciousness than anything else.
Good post.

It also speaks volumes about the arrogance of the Left and, in particular, the media.

Old 06-13-2011, 08:54 AM

112 posts, read 62,837 times
The MSM has looked nothing but pathetic in this entire situation. Trying their best to dig up any dirt but have come up empty.

And I am no Sarah Palin fan but this proves how pathetic the media has become. MSNBC holds standards no higher then TMZ.

Old 06-13-2011, 09:37 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,516,181 times
People care because she has always tried to cover her tracks.

Now people want to figure out why.

Old 06-13-2011, 10:59 AM

59,029 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
People care because she has always tried to cover her tracks.

Now people want to figure out why.
Where are Obama's emails?

Old 06-13-2011, 11:00 AM

4,882 posts, read 5,014,125 times
I'm not a birther, but the same thing could be said for President Obama and his birth certificate.

Old 06-13-2011, 11:02 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,279,569 times
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/--i9aCgnZSvs/TeW-ds4ja1I/AAAAAAAADSc/5_UBANegCas/s1600/pds_540.jpg (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies