Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 01:08 AM

9,138 posts, read 5,801,988 times

Advertisements

I'm more worried about identity thieves
than the FBI. I shred everything with my
name or address on it. If they wanna sift
through the cat litter and coffee grounds,
I hope they enjoy themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2011, 01:29 AM

3,807 posts, read 4,274,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
We are as secure as we choose to be. We are the protectors of our freedoms, not the government and its officials and when such entities trample upon those rights, it is our duty to object and resist by all forms necessary if must in order to protect such.

The government didn't take away anything the people didn't freely give up. Until we make a stand at each violation, we are simply conceding to their imagined claim of authority.
And someone finally gets it correct. The ONLY person/people to blame are YOU.

Old 06-14-2011, 01:49 AM

27,137 posts, read 15,310,658 times
"FBI can now go through your trash"

They always could.

Old 06-14-2011, 02:34 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,042,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
I'm more worried about identity thieves
than the FBI. I shred everything with my
name or address on it. If they wanna sift
through the cat litter and coffee grounds,
I hope they enjoy themselves.
That's what I was going to say.

I have six cats.....they can "play" in all my used cat litter all they want....I have nothing to hide.

Old 06-14-2011, 02:47 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,830,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
This is alll over the net that the FBI just took the liberty to search through people's trash without a warrant. You can even check their manual at this link The FBI Can Go Through Your Trash Whenever It Wants | NowPublic News Coverage
Dude, it's trash. So could I, for that matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
good luck with that, I shred everything that is made of paper in my home before it goes into the garbage can. the feds is least of my worrys about information. thieves and identity theft is what I worry about.

oh snap....the feds are thieves.

I burn it. No, seriously, if it has my name or address on it, I burn it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operations_security

Old 06-14-2011, 02:59 AM

20,329 posts, read 19,918,958 times
As long as they don't leave it strewn about when they leave they can have at it.

What kind of dipsh*t would throw incriminating evidence in their trashcan anyway?

They deserve to go to jail.

Old 06-14-2011, 04:44 AM

3,282 posts, read 5,201,035 times
Quote:
All of you who think it is ok probably think it is fine for Google to keep copies of your searches and your phone company to record your phone calls and Microsoft to come on your computer and spy on you everytime you give them permission to install a "Windows Update"...because you don't have anything to hide...What about the fact that this is supposed to be a FREE country and we have a right to privacy?

Also all of you with gmail accounts or hotmail have zero privacy as all copies of your emails you send and receive from elsewhere are saved by Google and Microsoft. Did you know that?

Business Casual G-Men (Season 15, Episode 1) - Video Clips - South Park Studios

Old 06-14-2011, 06:47 AM

30,063 posts, read 18,660,332 times
Quote:
This is alll over the net that the FBI just took the liberty to search through people's trash without a warrant. You can even check their manual at this link The FBI Can Go Through Your Trash Whenever It Wants | NowPublic News Coverage

..................... I think that when you throw it away, it is perfectly legal. If you don't want something revealed in your trash, shred it.

Old 06-14-2011, 06:53 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,382,997 times
They can already enter your property to inspect and bug your vehicle without warrant, because your drive way is "public".

I'll remember that the next time I pave it, the state and feds can do it for me.

Scary times, all about a threat of terrorism that is less then that of getting hit by falling plane debris.

Old 06-14-2011, 07:06 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,183,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
We are as secure as we choose to be. We are the protectors of our freedoms, not the government and its officials and when such entities trample upon those rights, it is our duty to object and resist by all forms necessary if must in order to protect such.

The government didn't take away anything the people didn't freely give up. Until we make a stand at each violation, we are simply conceding to their imagined claim of authority.
Taking freedoms away from Americans is like taking candy from a baby.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies