Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 02:10 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,951,643 times

Advertisements

You there Winter_Sucks? I mean, you were so adamant about arguing your position. Are you at a loss for where the discussion went? Here, I pasted all of our discussion so you could refresh yourself and answer to the questions I gave to you. Its not hard, simply hit "quote" and respond? Surely you are informed enough to answer to my questions concering the forcing issues right? I mean, you weren't simply parroting off garbage to push a political view were you? That would be unfortunate. Lets discuss.. Try entering the discussion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
We were just setting heat records in the past couple of weeks around the country. From 2000-2010 it was the hottest decade on record. Last year was the hottest average global temp on record.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
/sigh

Read closely the reports on that claim. Pay special attention to the manner in which they calculate it and the weights they use.

Quote:
I'm sure that if we continuously add heat trapping gases to the atmosphere, more heat will not be trapped.

/sigh

Quote:
Changing the subject won't make your position any more valid. In fact, it will simply make people question your understanding of the issue.

Quote:
Adding more heat trapping gases doesn't increase temp?

Quote:
Can you explain the divergence of the surface station data with that of the atmospheric temperature data and how it concerns the hypothesis of such feedback's and warming related between them?

Are the feedback's positive or negative? What implications are there of a negative feedback? Of a positive?

You wanted to talk "heat trapping gases", so lets talk.

These are the basics of the current science and what is being discussed. Certainly you have some clue of what I am talking about and wouldn't simply be parroting off some agenda BS right? You are aware that the position on such feed backs is uncertain, modeled, and contested in such opinions are you not? Please do not tell me you are ignorantly running around proclaiming fact if you have no clue of what I am talking about?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2011, 02:10 PM

38 posts, read 22,723 times
Quote:
*chuckle*

That is how propaganda works, it isn't what you say that is right, it is how much you say it and if by saying it that much you can get idiots to believe you.

Think child in the store pulling at their mommies coat tail. If they can just pull enough, whine enough, and complain enough, they just might get their way!

Funny ain't it? How childish antics become the main driver for some people. I mean, some might even say it is because they have never matured. /shrug
So you think science and empirical data is childish?

It is scientific law that, all other things being equal, more CO2 traps more heat. What does it matter, for instance, which one is causation for the other? Clearly, by spewing more CO2 into the atmosphere than we've seen in modern humanity, we will increase temperature (which we're also seeing)

Old 06-15-2011, 02:12 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,951,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorJ View Post

It is scientific law that, all other things being equal, more CO2 traps more heat. What does it matter, for instance, which one is causation for the other? Clearly, by spewing more CO2 into the atmosphere than we've seen in modern humanity, we will increase temperature (which we're also seeing)
Respond to my previous posts to you specifically concerning the science and we can answer that question.

edit: sorry, it looks as if you edited again.

what does it matter? Really? Are you going to take such a stance concerning science? I mean, you seem to be arguing that we should not be concerned with the details or the discrepancies, what does it matter right? Sorry... but you need to LEARN a hell of a lot more about the subject because your response is ignorance beyond belief. We are not peasant villagers demanding the death of the local prostitute because some adulterer decided he could evade the issue calling her a witch. We are a civilized society with many years spent studying and applying science, not vulgar social emotional claims to purport individual thought. Seriously, educate yourself and stop suggesting we act like emotional amoeba devoid of logic and reason!

Until you can meet me in the debate of the science, using proper reasoning, citation, and conclusion, then you are simply a loud mouth pushing his political opinion on the internet.

Last edited by Nomander; 06-15-2011 at 02:23 PM..

Old 06-15-2011, 02:21 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,731,507 times
Quote:

but on the other hand we spew particulate matter that cools the planet.. a give and take system.

Old 06-15-2011, 02:31 PM

15,089 posts, read 8,634,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
All they need to do is watch the two hour documentary "Little Ice-age, Big Chill". The first half hour is how great life was for all humans civilizations during the global warming period, known as the Medieval Warming Period, and how badly everything went during the LIA. The LIA was only about one degree cooler then today.
The powers that be know full well that we are in a natural cycle, and that human activity has no effect whatsoever. You could eliminate all human activity, and nothing would change, climate wise.

The goal is to convince the masses that CO2 being generated by them has the potential to cause catastrophic changes in climate, and that we the people must submit to the plans of the "authorities" to circumvent this future calamity. That means submitting to a reduction in things we've become accustom to enjoy ... cars, air conditioning, inexpensive energy, etc.

They want to increase taxes that will drive up costs of energy, food, and everything else necessary to life. This also provides them with the control of who is licensed to do what. Wnat to own a pet? Well you need to pay the carbon offset credit that little beast will produce. Have a small farm? Pay more. Have cows and chickens on your ranch, pay a lot. Own any type of business? Well only if you meet the standards set by the CO2 council, which may either deny you altogether, or charge you astronomical fees. Of course, the big corporations that are politically connected won't have to pay (just like they don't pay income taxes today) just their competitors will have to pay, keeping them non-competitive, which is how the big boys like it. They hate competition .. and love monopolies.

Another of the scams inside the scam is the Carbon Credit business. Another ponzi scheme (as if we need another one of those) controlled by the CO2 mafia, getting richer, while they squeeze every last dime out of you ... all for a worthy cause mind you ... they just want to save the planet .. and it has nothing to do with stealing your money.

Our free society has no greater threat than these miscreant criminals and their insatiable appetite for power and control ... and this CO2 fraud is their enterprise mission to control everything.

I remember years ago people used to joke about how bad taxes were getting ... and they used to say ... if these crooks could figure out a way to tax the air we breathe, they'd do it! Well now, here it is, in all it's glory .. the desire to tax the very air you exhale ... and every other conceivable human activity.

People of reasonable intelligence need to wake up, and realize that this CO2 scam poses the greatest danger that we've ever faced .. and we need to come together and stop this nightmare from taking hold of us.

And that includes shouting down these hard headed foolish idiots that support this nonsense, even if they do so out of ignorance. They are still the enemies of our freedom .. whether they do so in complicity or out of stupidity makes little difference in the end.

Old 06-15-2011, 02:59 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Quote:
Odanny, why in the heck did you rep me to post that I should see the evidence of some video you advised?

Your comment in rep:

Why didn't you simply reply with such if you thought it so important? Why didn't you simply provide a link to this information if it was a proper support for your position? Are you afraid that by doing so someone will come along and show that your source is full of crap?

You have no power to sway me with propaganda. The fact that you even attempt to use such means is despicable, especially since you seem to think your cause is so just, why not be out with it if it is so evident and let all to see?

I will look for your video and I will assess its merit concerning its factual basis and that to which it can be shown to be evidential.

If I remember correctly, I think I saw something of this nature in the past (though I will not claim to be sure until I have evaluated your claim, though as I said, it would be helpful for a link or some sort of educated direction) and it was poorly speculated and formulated crap projected by an organization that was deep to its neck in affiliation with the claims.

So please excuse me if I don't simply take your garbage as gospel truth and the fact that I think your nefarious manners in dispersing such information is suspect to say the least.

Either argue your point or crawl back into the that agenda based hole you came from.
marcopolo,

I'll tell you what I told someone else, if you believe what you told me, you are misinformed.

Chances are you are only misinformed, unlike Nomander, who is uninformed as well.

Here is a link to the video in question that helps to prove you wrong:

Who Killed the Electric Car? (2006) - IMDb

Old 06-15-2011, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
but on the other hand we spew particulate matter that cools the planet.. a give and take system.
Oh man.

Reading these threads only remind me how easy it is to fool people.

Old 06-15-2011, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
how many times are you going to say this AFTER it has already been proven that we are not seeing an increase in weather extremes?
Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!!

Old 06-15-2011, 03:08 PM

15,089 posts, read 8,634,588 times
Quote:

You are an enemy of all free, liberty minded people. Perhaps not intentionally ... but your intent does not mitigate the danger your ignorance poses to the rest of us.

CO2 is not a pollutant. It is a necessary and very beneficial gas for which life on earth could not exist without it. It is just as necessary for your survival as is oxygen, and the more of it, the better, because that creates the opportunity for plant life that thrives on it to flourish ... get the connection .. flour ... flourish? This is the symbol of abundance flour, bread .. abundant fields of grain, growth. These things don't happen in the cold .. warmth ... sunshine ... that's want most life embraces, with the exception of those species that have adapted to the harshness of sub arctic climates ... tropical climates have always been associated with paradise.

Warmer temperatures also encourage all life to flourish ... which anyone who has ever had a garden knows. Those in the North have very short growing seasons, while those in the warmer South have much longer ones. It's only common sense to realize that longer growing periods and expanded areas of agriculture would produce more abundant food supplies which make life more abundant as well. Only the idiot and the fool pray for winter, while those with an ounce of intelligence anxiously await spring time ... including all of the creatures of nature.

You and the rest of you that are so fixated on this "global warming" insanity are literally suffering from mental illness of the most incredible type. You actually demand your own suffering and ultimate destruction. You are the one standing outside on a sunny day demanding that summer leave you ... and pray for the harshness of winter to arrive.

Those behind this CO2 scam want to convert you into a Serf. As they dine on fresh beef and organic vegetables, fine wine and champagne, riding in their long limousines and traveling the globe in their private jets and sailing the waters in the huge yachts .... they want you to ride a bicycle, learn to do without air conditioning, survive with minimal heat, and use as little electricity as possible, all to save mother earth.

And you deserve it ... you are a slave .. and I have no sympathy for cowering fools who demand their own imprisonment and degradation.

"Single acts of tyranny may be ascribed to the accidental opinion of the day, but a series of oppressions, begun at a distinguished period, unalterable through every change of ministers, too plainly prove a deliberate, systematical plan of reducing us to slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by GuyNTexas; 06-15-2011 at 03:27 PM..

Old 06-15-2011, 03:21 PM

2,765 posts, read 2,792,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrover View Post
Ian Rutherford Plimer (born 12 February 1946) is an Australian geologist, academic and businessman, and professor of mining geology at the University of Adelaide . You will appreciate his take on climate change (aka: global warming).

Professor Ian Plimer could not have said it better! If you've read his book you will agree, this is a good summary.

Are you sitting down?

Okay, here's the bombshell. The volcanic eruption in Iceland , since its first spewing of volcanic ash has, in just FOUR DAYS, NEGATED EVERY SINGLE EFFORT you have made in the past five years to control CO2 emissions on our planet - all of you.

Of course you know about this evil carbon dioxide that we are trying to suppress - it's that vital chemical compound that every plant requires to live and grow, and to synthesize into oxygen for us humans, and all animal life.

I know, it's very disheartening to realize that all of the carbon emission savings you have accomplished while suffering the inconvenience and expense of: driving Prius hybrids, buying fabric grocery bags, sitting up till midnight to finish your kid's "The Green Revolution" science project, throwing out all of your non-green cleaning supplies, using only two squares of toilet paper, putting a brick in your toilet tank reservoir, selling your SUV and speedboat, vacationing at home instead of abroad, nearly getting hit every day on your bicycle, replacing all of your 50 cents light bulbs with $10.00 light bulbs . . . well, all of those things you have done have all gone down the tubes in just four days.

The volcanic ash emitted into the Earth's atmosphere in just four days - yes - FOUR DAYS ONLY by that volcano in Iceland , has totally erased every single effort you have made to reduce the evil beast, carbon. And there are around 200 active volcanoes on the planet spewing out this crud any one time - EVERY DAY.

I don't really want to rain on your parade too much, but I should mention that when the volcano Mt Pinatubo erupted in the Philippines in 1991, it spewed out more greenhouse gases into the atmosphere than the entire human race had emitted in its entire YEARS on earth. Yes folks, Mt Pinatubo was active for over one year - think about it.

Of course I shouldn't spoil this touchy-feely tree-hugging moment and mention the effect of solar and cosmic activity and the well-recognized 800-year global heating and cooling cycle, which keep happening, despite our completely insignificant efforts to affect climate change.

And I do wish I had a silver lining to this volcanic ash cloud but the fact of the matter is that the bush fire season across the western USA and Australia this year alone will negate your efforts to reduce carbon in our world for the next two to three years. And it happens every year.

Just remember that your government just tried to impose a whopping carbon tax on you on the basis of the bogus "human-caused" climate change scenario.

Hey, isn't it interesting how they don't mention "Global Warming" any more, but just "Climate Change" - you know why? It's because the planet has COOLED by 0.7 degrees in the past century and these global warming bull artists got caught with their pants down.

And just keep in mind that you might yet have an Emissions Trading Scheme - that whopping new tax - imposed on you, that will achieve absolutely nothing except make you poorer. It won't stop any volcanoes from erupting, that's for sure.

But hey, relax, give the world a hug and have a nice day!

PS: I wonder if Iceland is buying carbon offsets?
Okay, i read your post. Now I ask you to watch this (it's only 13 parts) :

YouTube - ‪1. Climate Change -- the scientific debate‬‏
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies