Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 02:15 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,164,491 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
Actually, I won't take the time to answer all your questions.
Of course you won't, because you can't. When you try to dispute 10k jobs in one quarter you gave a kneejerk response about interstate migration but you have absolutely no clue how much the workforce grew.

Quote:
You don't live here because most certainly you would have posted in the AZ forum and I do not ever recall seeing your username there.
And this demonstrates how poor your powers of observation are.

Quote:
The point is you don't know much about this state and it shows.
I know plenty about Arizona, thanks. It does say a lot for the strength of your "no jobs in AZ" position when your only defense is incorrectly accusing someone of not living in AZ or knowing nothing of AZ.

Old 06-16-2011, 02:28 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,973,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
Of course you won't, because you can't. When you try to dispute 10k jobs in one quarter you gave a kneejerk response about interstate migration but you have absolutely no clue how much the workforce grew.

And this demonstrates how poor your powers of observation are.

I know plenty about Arizona, thanks. It does say a lot for the strength of your "no jobs in AZ" position when your only defense is incorrectly accusing someone of not living in AZ or knowing nothing of AZ.
Well, it's not easy to get the stats on population growth in 2011. 10,800 jobs (most likely at low wages) cannot compete with the influx of population. Simply put, I don't know why the H you are so invested in this. And since our on record unemployment rate is around 9%, I can't see how you think a whoop dee do additonal 10,800 jobs is going to make a difference in a metro area of this size (5th largest in the country).

Are you some republican that wants AZ's benefits cut off? To the best of my knowledge, you have not posted in the AZ forum and, if you have, direct me to a post. IOW, I don't think you live here.

I'm really not interested in discussing this with you further. The topic of this thread is about how AZ did not extend benefits, not petty bickering between the two of us. Quite frankly, it bores me.

Old 06-16-2011, 02:52 PM

17,388 posts, read 11,912,130 times
Quote:
Hyperbole much?! You have the audacity to mention criminality when you vote for a party that knows nothing else? And, btw, I do not see all these super wealthy republicans being charitable. Do you? If so, care to share the evidence?
Here you go:

Who gives to charity? - Page 1 - John Stossel - Townhall Conservative

Old 06-16-2011, 02:56 PM

Quote:
You can throw up whatever you want. I, OTOH, have been the one applying and looking for jobs. Just this past year I was offered two jobs and ONLY because I speak Spanish. It was a requirement. The first job I had to bail on as my father was dying. The second job would have meant calling people and harrassing them on junk debt collections.

And, woohoo! 10,800 jobs this year. Do you have any idea of how many people move here? Again, you do NOT live here. So you'd best stop looking like you know what you are talking about.
So there ARE jobs, but they're either beneath you or inconvenient.

Old 06-16-2011, 02:59 PM

Quote:
If I am not mistaken, minimum wage here is $7.35. UE is $240.
Wow. By my calculation, $7.35 times 40 is $294. Which is more than EU. With math skills like that, no wonder you can't find a job.

Old 06-16-2011, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Well, it's not easy to get the stats on population growth in 2011. 10,800 jobs (most likely at low wages) cannot compete with the influx of population.
Unless you know the influx of labor force entrants in the first quarter your claim is purely conjecture. In other words, hot air.

Quote:
Simply put, I don't know why the H you are so invested in this.
Because I know for a fact there are jobs in Arizona that aren't low paying and don't require Spanish, so to hear you claim no jobs and only Spanish speakers need apply I'll certainly call B.S. when I see it.

Quote:
Are you some republican that wants AZ's benefits cut off?
I've not mentioned my political leanings, and find it irrelevant.

Quote:
To the best of my knowledge, you have not posted in the AZ forum and, if you have, direct me to a post. IOW, I don't think you live here.
Easy to find posts from me in AZ forum, here is me recommending a certain cove we know of on Apache Lake after threadstarter wanted to know a place to take a dog swimming:
Parks, Rivers, and Lakes

Me recommending a good disperses camping site up on the rim:
Camping help please

Talking about meeting others in that forum for beers:
Meet up

Easy things to do in Phoenix:
A week in PHX

Still think I don't live in AZ?

Old 06-16-2011, 03:10 PM

3,504 posts, read 3,908,909 times
all the partisan bickering aside, what do the people who are not getting unemployment do now?

im also surprised that the republican brewer was for extending benefits, but it was her own party that railed against her.

i do not believe most are unemployment because they dont want a job.

Old 06-16-2011, 03:15 PM

78 posts, read 102,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
So there ARE jobs, but they're either beneath you or inconvenient.
Or above. I speak no Spanish outside of the Taco Bell menu, yet I landed a $26/hr job within 2 weeks of moving to Phoenix.

Old 06-16-2011, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
what do the people who are not getting unemployment do now?
Good question, and I agree with you that those riding unemployment who don't want work are the minority. I think many would take steps that they prefer not to take, like moving in with parents/relatives, accepting jobs they wouldn't normally take, etc.

What is the alternative? Unemployment benefits forever? Until the economy improves but what if 9% is the new reality?

How about continue benefits but they must do two days/week serving community?

Old 06-16-2011, 03:17 PM

3,504 posts, read 3,908,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Down View Post
Or above. I speak no Spanish outside of the Taco Bell menu, yet I landed a $26/hr job within 2 weeks of moving to Phoenix.

you could be lying though just to further an opinion on this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies