Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 11:57 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,471,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
What do you know. You live in NY. Republicans are, by nature, heartless. It's no surprise this is happening in AZ.
so a republican asking someone to carry their own load, is heartless

I think liberals constantly wanting to keep people down, by handing out entitlment that do nothing for self worth, self motivation, and self pride is heartless

Old 06-16-2011, 11:58 AM

5,546 posts, read 9,995,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
I think its mean to give someone 250/a week

show them the door and tell them to find a darn job

there are help wanted signed EVERYWHERE...you just have to be WILLING to WORK
Oh, please. There are no darn jobs here. The ones there are pay $9.50 (if you're lucky) or maybe $12 (if you're really lucky) an hour.

Again, you live in NY so you haven't a clue about help wanted signs anywhere in this state. I don't see them ever. And, btw, hablas el espanol? Because if you don't good luck getting a job.

Old 06-16-2011, 12:00 PM

Quote:
so a republican asking someone to carry their own load, is heartless

I think liberals constantly wanting to keep people down, by handing out entitlment that do nothing for self worth, self motivation, and self pride is heartless
Republicans look out for themselves and theirs and that is it and that is heartless.

Old 06-16-2011, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Well, excellent point and just reinforces what I've said and this is a very right wing state. Flat out, in your face, lack of caring for its citizens.
carrying someone is not caring

caring is finding them work, so they can contribute to the system....but then again 'work' is a four letter word to liberals

Old 06-16-2011, 12:04 PM

Quote:
. The ones there are pay $9.50 (if you're lucky) or maybe $12 (if you're really lucky) an hour.

and how much is 9.5/hr or 12/hr....at least 380 a week.....

so your point

the FACT is there are jobs here, but too many are NOT WILLING to take a job they FEEL is beneath them or to CHANGE careers

Quote:
carrying someone is not caring

caring is finding them work, so they can contribute to the system....but then again 'work' is a four letter word to liberals
And who, pray tell, is helping anyone find work in this state?

And I added a question to my last post. Do you speak Spanish fluently? Because if you don't, you won't get hired here.

39,073 posts, read 51,199,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psulions2007 View Post
Good to see the legislature in Arizona doing absolutely nothing to manage one of the nation's highest unemployment rates.
Arizona does not have one of the nation's highest unemployment rates. If it did, there would be no problem. The trouble came because the unemployment rate dropped below the national average and that required to extend benefits from 79 to 99 weeks. The bill that failed would have changed how the number is calculated in AZ and then AZ would have been eligible once again.

Republicans also killed a similar measure in Georgia, I believe, but their governor changed the rules by executive order. It is questionable whether AZ governor, who supports an extension, has the authority to do that.

Old 06-16-2011, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Arizona does not have one of the nation's highest unemployment rates. If it did, there would be no problem. The trouble came because the unemployment rate dropped below the national average and that required to extend benefits from 79 to 99 weeks. The bill that failed would have changed how the number is calculated in AZ and then AZ would have been eligible once again.
If I am not correct, AZ was eligible but the funds were turned down by the republicans in office. Just like the KidsCare they abolished even though it would have meant more federal dollars for this state. And you know as well as I know what that means. Trips to the ER for the kids and then guess who pays for that? Just pure stupidity on so many levels I can't stand it.

Old 06-16-2011, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post

Republicans also killed a similar measure in Georgia, I believe, but their governor changed the rules by executive order. It is questionable whether AZ governor, who supports an extension, has the authority to do that.
Let's get real about the AZ governor. She ended up in office by default the first time around. Of course, this being a right wing state, people vote in these people without even thinking and realizing they are never going to be a member of "the club."

She shut down the transplants and then reversed her decision on that, no doubt due to bad PR and a lot of pressure. She also lied about decapitations in the desert which I imagine did a lot for our tourism industry. She then introduces SB1070 which just makes things worse and gets us boycotted by several cities. All in all, she's a loser and does not have this state's best interests at heart.

Old 06-16-2011, 12:15 PM

Quote:
And I added a question to my last post. Do you speak Spanish fluently? Because if you don't, you won't get hired here.
actually I speak 4 languages ((in order)english, Italian, german, spanish(formal spanish)) and a little Korean...plus I also know a few words of the (now extinct) austrian language(the language of some of my ancestors)

what I dont understand is why you liberals never want to expand your horizons, and persue self improvement...why LIMIT yourself to one career...why LIMIT yourself to a dead end career, then cry when the jobs/paths dry up.....if you are out of work, why just collect UE...go to school , find a new career..find a job...the jobs are out there
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies