Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2011, 03:57 PM

6,914 posts, read 14,757,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
Something not talked about...

Other than African slaves all other people to immigrate to American had certain personality traits. First, boldness. Whether for money or religious freedom, immigrants were people willing to risk it all for a better life. Second, many recognized flaws in the European (and later other) places they left. Thereforew they sought to create a country where gov't didn't get in the way of people achieving their needs.

This is why Europeans love a sport that may end with neither team scoring, while European Americans/ Australians created sports with lots of action. This is why most Indian Americans have a master's degree and make $100,000 while most Indians live on less than $2 a day.

This related to this thread because the Africans forcibly brought over lacked the two traits that most willing immigrants brought. A certain percent of the slaves may have those traits but most didn't.
This is why most African Americans vote in support of increased gov't assistance while being against lower taxes, etc to help small business owners. They have an Old World mentality were the rich are excessively taxed so all lower income peoples don't have to work. (it's not a race thing, that mentality is why Europe is going down the crapper in a hurry)

And here comes the "immigrants can do it so why not black people?" argument. Newsflash: Immigrants were not affected by Jim Crow. Immigrants are not refused cultural assimilation no matter how much they try to do so. Not all immigrants come here broke-city and a lot of the ones that do have family that's been here for a while and can help them out. Immigrants are not discriminated against in housing, employment or loans ANYWHERE NEAR to the extent that African Americans are.

There are a multitude of reasons for why the immigrant argument is not intelligent but people will continue to use it anyway.

Old 06-17-2011, 04:00 PM

6,914 posts, read 14,757,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I'm reading his post, and wondering the same thing.

Seriously, i don't waste time with dude. He's so damn zealous in his hatred of black people that he can't even hide it....although he's "black" himself. It's one thing to be critical of your own people. No one is more critical than i am about the present situation, but i never do it for the aggrandizement of white folks. Some black folks are addicted to the attention they get on the other side of the aisle because they're treated as if they're "special" and of course, with few blacks, the line is shorter. They love the praise. That's this guys case in a nutshell.

In any case, it's all good. He's still gotta look in the mirror everyday and be reminded about who and what he is. No amount of politics and praise from his white counterparts on the conservative side can help him escape that.
lol trust me I know a lot of these types as I have African immigrants in my own family... they are for all intents and purposes culturally white. Just like with whites here, institutionalized racism - or really any racism - did not have a sizeable role in their upbringing so when they come here and experience racism, it has a much lesser effect on them than it does on people who view themselves based on the very real American racial hierarchy. If you weren't exposed to it from a young age you won't internalize it... it's as simple as that.

Old 06-17-2011, 04:22 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,360,870 times
I don't think that welfare, public housing, or food stamps helped African Americans. If nothing else, it created a dependence on a state taking care of them, not unlike living as a slave on a plantation, where the "massa" took care of everyone. And it created an underclass of African Americans, that just can't seem to break the cycle of generational poverty.

Old 06-17-2011, 04:25 PM

956 posts, read 1,114,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
I've never once stated that. I have said repeatedly that democrat, i.e liberal policies are overtly racist because they say that black Americans are not equal and need government assistance to get ahead. There was once a thread here on this forum that said that liberals help minorities and immigrants and I felt that was extremely insulting and condescending. What do I need "help" for? The Constitution and the fruit of my labor dictate how well or poorly my life becomes, not some government program that makes me addicted. Liberals believe that we need special help, just because we're an immigrant, or minority and that to me is racist.
Well if you agree that they vote for the Democratic Party for reasons other than handouts, then you would have to agree that there is something about the Republican Party which the black electorate is turned off by. The blacks on this forum have expressed why they don't have any affinity for the Republican Party. You can put two and two together. That's really all there is to it.

Old 06-17-2011, 04:42 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
I don't know about this one man. Maybe some of the down south bible thumpers, but that's pure coincidence at best. In my experience there's much more racism among the snobby white liberals, even the the ones that would never show it.
Just speaking from what i see around here on C-D and the Republican/Conservative politicians i've seen/heard over the years. The coded language aint all that cryptic. At least not to me, and i aint all that bright to be honest with you. So if i can detect it, i know other more intelligent blacks can see it. It's pretty damn palpable.

Do i think YOU'RE a racist? Or even Sophiasmommy? Not really, but i think you guys are a small and distinct minority among the Conservative set.

As for many white liberals, LOL...you're preaching to the choir. But still, i agree with most of their opinions about the parts of liberalism that have nothing to do with racial issues. So they're an ally...in a sense.

Old 06-17-2011, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
I know, I'm just saying that the two correlate in the eyes of many. You say conservative, they think southern white people, you say southern white people, they think racist.
.....and for good historical reasons.

Old 06-17-2011, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Why are you a liberal, specifics please. Also, I asked you to address your highly offensive accusation that we conservative hate blacks, I hate no one. I believe in you more than you do.
Whoa....this is over the line.

So now, i as a black man should justify my vote to YOU? Hehehe...you're kidding, right? If you were to ask me that question in person, i'd say things to you that would make a sailor blush. I can't do that here, but the bottom line is that i don't owe you an explanation. I'm my own master, not you, and i have the right to vote for whoever the hell i want. I will NEVER explain why i am what i am or vote how i vote to anyone. I'm a liberal because i FEEL like it....that's why.

That's the only explanation you'll get. Sorry, but that question is way too damn condescending to answer.

Old 06-17-2011, 04:53 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,049,136 times
Quote:
i aint all that bright to be honest with you.
That's the most honest post in CD history!

Old 06-17-2011, 04:55 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,049,136 times
Quote:
Whoa....this is over the line.

So now, i as a black man should justify my vote to YOU? Hehehe...you're kidding, right? If you were to ask me that question in person, i'd say things to you that would make a sailor blush. I can't do that here, but the bottom line is that i don't owe you an explanation. I'm my own master, not you, and i have the right to vote for whoever the hell i want. I will NEVER explain why i am what i am or vote how i vote to anyone. I'm a liberal because i FEEL like it....that's why.

That's the only explanation you'll get. Sorry, but that question is way too damn condescending to answer.
Look.

Your community needs a conservative approach to government.

In another two or three generations, you'll look back at these past 5 decades and say "what the hell were we thinking?".

Old 06-17-2011, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
That's the most honest post in CD history!
Yea...and i was speaking for you too....to be quite "honest."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies