Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 07:33 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,752,379 times

Advertisements

What liberties have I lost and which would I regain if Mr. Paul was elected and, along with a compliant Congress, could implement his policies? How would I and my family benefit from his political and economic proposals? Would these benefits, if any, accrue to an older member of the lower middle class or would they just add to the wealth and power of the financiers?

Tell me why I should support Mr. Paul? Why should I not support President Obama?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2011, 07:44 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,810,437 times
Ron Paul is basically a states right and isolationist candidate like so many in the past.If if he were elected presdient he would be a lame duck fro the start really;even within his own party.

Old 06-16-2011, 09:30 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,313,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Ron Paul is basically a states right and isolationist candidate like so many in the past.If if he were elected presdient he would be a lame duck fro the start really;even within his own party.
He'd veto all the schit that came to his desk.

Old 06-16-2011, 09:32 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,313,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
What liberties have I lost and which would I regain if Mr. Paul was elected and, along with a compliant Congress, could implement his policies? How would I and my family benefit from his political and economic proposals? Would these benefits, if any, accrue to an older member of the lower middle class or would they just add to the wealth and power of the financiers?

Tell me why I should support Mr. Paul? Why should I not support President Obama?
Obama is a fictional character employed by the NWO.

Ron Paul is a natural person.

I always vote natural whenever I can.

Which, so far, has always been never.

Old 06-16-2011, 09:36 AM

2,409 posts, read 3,040,157 times
Quote:

The fact that you can't answer these questions for yourself and the fact that you expect others to shows the apathy and ignorance of the American voter in not only understanding how their country works but what America is supposed to be about. You and your family aren't supposed to benefit from government in the first place that is the entire point. Government was never implemented to take care of you or your family. It was invented to protect a nation and to implement laws so a free market could flourish and people could work and prosper under freedom and liberty.

Even if you don't like or understand anything else about Ron Paul you should understand one thing about his campaign and his ideology.....and that is the Federal Reserve and our debt based monetary system. His belief that in the least major audits and oversight with the Fed are paramount and at most the complete abolition of this corrupt entity are what EVERY America needs to get behind and support. But the fact that people like you have to even question how that would help you and your family exemplifies again how retarded the average American is when it comes to understanding basic economic concepts and the creation of money. In other words we have imbeciles as the American voting public.

Old 06-16-2011, 09:40 AM

13,684 posts, read 9,002,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
A speech on the congress floor May25th, no teleprompter, no media talking heads. Just the Truth.
If anyone is to be president think about the concept of where our country is going and who will lead our nation to a future built on liberty or tryanny.

Ron Paul : "The last nail is being driven into the coffin of the American Republic. Yet, Congress remains in total denial as our liberties are rapidly fading before our eyes. The process is propelled by unwarranted fear and ignorance as to the true meaning of liberty. It is driven by economic myths, fallacies and irrational good intentions. The rule of law is constantly rejected and authoritarian answers are offered as panaceas for all our problems. Runaway welfarism is used to benefit the rich at the expense of the middle class. Who would have ever thought that the current generation and Congress would stand idly by and watch such a rapid disintegration of the American Republic? Characteristic of this epic event is the casual acceptance by the people and political leaders of the unitary presidency, which is equivalent to granting dictatorial powers to the President. Our Presidents can now, on their own:
1. Order assassinations, including American citizens,
2. Operate secret military tribunals,
3. Engage in torture,
4. Enforce indefinite imprisonment without due process,
5. Order searches and seizures without proper warrants, gutting the 4th Amendment,
6. Ignore the 60 day rule for reporting to the Congress the nature of any military operations as required by the War Power Resolution,
7. Continue the Patriot Act abuses without oversight,
8. Wage war at will,
9. Treat all Americans as suspected terrorists at airports with TSA groping and nude x-raying.
And the Federal Reserve accommodates by counterfeiting the funds needed and not paid for by taxation and borrowing, permitting runaway spending, endless debt, and special interest bail-outs.
And all of this is not enough. The abuses and usurpations of the war power are soon to be codified in the National Defense Authorization Act now rapidly moving its way through the Congress. Instead of repealing the 2001 Authorization for the Use of Military Force (AUMF), as we should, now that bin Laden is dead and gone, Congress is planning to massively increase the war power of the President. Though an opportunity presents itself to end the wars in Iraq, Afghanistan, and Pakistan, Congress, with bipartisan support, obsesses on how to expand the unconstitutional war power the President already holds. The current proposal would allow a President to pursue war any time, any place, for any reason, without Congressional approval. Many believe this would even permit military activity against American suspects here at home. The proposed authority does not reference the 9/11 attacks. It would be expanded to include the Taliban and "associated" forces—a dangerously vague and expansive definition of our potential enemies. There is no denial that the changes in s.1034 totally eliminate the hard-fought-for restraint on Presidential authority to go to war without Congressional approval achieved at the Constitutional Convention. Congress' war authority has been severely undermined since World War II beginning with the advent of the Korean War which was fought solely under a UN Resolution. Even today, we're waging war in Libya without even consulting with the Congress, similar to how we went to war in Bosnia in the 1990s under President Clinton. The three major reasons for our Constitutional Convention were to:
1. Guarantee free trade and travel among the states.
2. Make gold and silver legal tender and abolish paper money.
3. Strictly limit the Executive Branch's authority to pursue war without Congressional approval.
But today:
1. Federal Reserve notes are legal tender, gold and silver are illegal.
2. The Interstate Commerce Clause is used to regulate all commerce at the expense of free trade among the states.
3. And now the final nail is placed in the coffin of Congressional responsibility for the war power, delivering this power completely to the President—a sharp and huge blow to the concept of our Republic.
In my view, it appears that the fate of the American Republic is now sealed—unless these recent trends are quickly reversed.
The saddest part of this tragedy is that all these horrible changes are being done in the name of patriotism and protecting freedom. They are justified by good intentions while believing the sacrifice of liberty is required for our safety. Nothing could be further from the truth.
More sadly is the conviction that our enemies are driven to attack us for our freedoms and prosperity, and not because of our deeply flawed foreign policy that has generated justifiable grievances and has inspired the radical violence against us. Without this understanding our endless, unnamed, and undeclared wars will continue and our wonderful experience with liberty will end."

Ron Paul 2012
Thanks for the quote by Mr. Paul.

I think it interesting that, to this point in the thread, the bolded parts of his remarks have been ignored in favor of talk about paper money, tax cuts, etc. Yet Mr. Paul obviously thinks that the powers being given (or taken) by the President (regardless of whom the individual is, i.e., Mr. Bush, Mr. Obama, or future presidents) are risking this countries basic freedoms.

Old 06-16-2011, 09:44 AM

2,409 posts, read 3,040,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Thanks for the quote by Mr. Paul.

I think it interesting that, to this point in the thread, the bolded parts of his remarks have been ignored in favor of talk about paper money, tax cuts, etc. Yet Mr. Paul obviously thinks that the powers being given (or taken) by the President (regardless of whom the individual is, i.e., Mr. Bush, Mr. Obama, or future presidents) are risking this countries basic freedoms.
Because paper money and its issuance is how the banksters control our country and our government. Where the hell do you think the power and oversight from the War on Terror and the Dept of HS comes from? Money brings power and power lets you rule the world. So yes you bet your ass it's about "paper money". Our country has been under the grip of private banking interests for 200+ years. It's time the American people wake up and smell the **** they are knee deep in.

Old 06-16-2011, 09:51 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,726,771 times
Great post.

Ron Paul may be the only politician (or one of very few) who understands freedom.

He's the only one running in 2012 that I would vote for.

Old 06-16-2011, 10:02 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,592,691 times
Quote:

Odd.

Mr. Paul's most staunch and knowledgeable supporters ignored answering these questions directly.

Perhaps this is why the majority of the population believe, and, much of the press treat him, as a crackpot.

Delivery.

Old 06-16-2011, 10:06 AM

13,684 posts, read 9,002,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCroozer View Post
Because paper money and its issuance is how the banksters control our country and our government. Where the hell do you think the power and oversight from the War on Terror and the Dept of HS comes from? Money brings power and power lets you rule the world. So yes you bet your ass it's about "paper money". Our country has been under the grip of private banking interests for 200+ years. It's time the American people wake up and smell the **** they are knee deep in.

Ah, yes, I keep forgetting your wisdom and insight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies