Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 01:01 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,082,097 times

Advertisements

For those struggling to understand the question, take a look at this take on history's great leaders.

15 Great Leaders Through History - Photo Gallery - LIFE

I'm not debating the individual policies, i'm asking if Barack Obama rises to the title of one of history's great leaders. Heck, for that matter, does he rise to one of the nation's great leaders?

It's really not that hard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2011, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
i remember aeroguy saying something similar about martin luther king awhile back, that he wasnt a true leader.

i just rolled my eyes, said what can you do and moved on, the rest of you should as well.
Twice on this thread you have claimed that I have made statements that I have not made. Care to retract your statements or provide proof of such?

Old 06-17-2011, 01:04 PM

1,777 posts, read 1,400,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I"m asking if you believe that he qualifies ....in your eyes....as a true leader.
No, you asked if we could all agree with you that he's not a leader.

Quote:
"What say you" was your chance to counter my point, but instead you went into the weeds over nothing.
Refusing to play a silly little game of "Everybody agree with me about this entirely subjective personal opinion!" is not going "into the weeds," it's showing why your thread is not going to be an opportunity for substantive debate, because it's little more than a rant, followed by "why doesn't everybody agree with me?"

Quote:
I'm not debating the individual policies, i'm asking if Barack Obama rises to the title of one of history's great leaders. Heck, for that matter, does he rise to one of the nation's great leaders?
Now you're changing the question. You started out by wanting everybody to agree with you that Obama is not a leader at all; now you want people to agree with you that he's not "one of the nations great leaders." You're showing with each post that your thread is little more than an opportunity for you to say over and over again "I don't like that Obama!" And that's fine, but it's your personal opinion, and it's not reasonable to expect that everybody agrees with your personal opinion.

Old 06-17-2011, 01:10 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,202,675 times
You can bad mouth Obama but everyone know's that he is 10 times the leader bush ever was.
Would you like apiece of yellow cake?

Old 06-17-2011, 01:12 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,823,173 times
Quote:
Tell us why you think he fits the definition of a true leader. Compare his ability to another well-known leader to make your case.
There have been numerous people in history that could be considered. Some of the things that make a "good" leader are below. Obama demonstrate quite a few of them.

http://ezinearticles.com/?Seven-Personal-Characteristics-Of-A-Good-Leader&id=59305 (broken link)

Old 06-17-2011, 01:14 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,534,369 times
Quote:
For those struggling to understand the question, take a look at this take on history's great leaders.

15 Great Leaders Through History - Photo Gallery - LIFE

It's really not that hard.
Us Pro Obama folks aren't struggling to understand the question. It is YOU that is struggling to accept our answers.

Old 06-17-2011, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc42gb43 View Post
No, you asked if we could all agree with you that he's not a leader.

Refusing to play a silly little game of "Everybody agree with me about this entirely subjective personal opinion!" is not going "into the weeds," it's showing why your thread is not going to be an opportunity for substantive debate, because it's little more than a rant, followed by "why doesn't everybody agree with me?"

Now you're changing the question. You started out by wanting everybody to agree with you that Obama is not a leader at all; now you want people to agree with you that he's not "one of the nations great leaders." You're showing with each post that your thread is little more than an opportunity for you to say over and over again "I don't like that Obama!" And that's fine, but it's your personal opinion, and it's not reasonable to expect that everybody agrees with your personal opinion.
Once again you're hung up on title of the thread. You conveniently ignore the option provided to you to make a rebuttal, which is the whole point of the forum. I didn't think i'd have to explain everything to you. Just admit that you read way too much into the OP. Because that's what you've done. And I might remind you that you've yet to answer the question.

Old 06-17-2011, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Us Pro Obama folks aren't struggling to understand the question. It is YOU that is struggling to accept our answers.
You've not provided an answer. How ironic that you'd respond to this post.

Old 06-17-2011, 01:20 PM

3,504 posts, read 3,914,493 times
hey aeroguy, was your boy bush a good leader, you know, on the level of those leaders in your link?

Old 06-17-2011, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Since you're having such a hard time with this, let me spell it out for you.

Here is the crux of the question:

Quote:
With the Presidency, the learning curve is mighty steep for sure, but after more than two years in office, is it safe to concur that Barack Obama is niether a natural-born leader nor a person who has grown into the true definition of a leader?
Notice there are no personal opinions in that question. It's rhetorical. Now that i've extracted the point from the OP to make it clear for you what i'm asking, do you have an answer or are you going to just keep playing games of obtusity? I should also ask if you know the definition of rhetorical? It doesn't seem like it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies