Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 08:45 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,375,785 times

Advertisements

Probably about the same percentage of registered Democrats.

Voting the party line without question, is stupid, regardless if its an elephant or a donkey, you should vote the person and the ideas, not the party.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2011, 08:49 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,337,482 times
I'm a registered Democrat will probably be voting 3rd party. I know it's a wasted vote....but I don't like Obama, and I 100% refuse to vote for a Republican.

Old 06-17-2011, 08:50 PM

3,504 posts, read 3,921,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Probably about the same percentage of registered Democrats.

Voting the party line without question, is stupid, regardless if its an elephant or a donkey, you should vote the person and the ideas, not the party.
most people dont even know who they are voting for, and just vote strictly by the letter in front of the candidate.

im proud to say i have voted for independents, democrats, and republicans and that i am not chained to a party like so many people on this forum are.

which makes me more important, since im not an automatic vote for a party. they have to convince me they deserve it.

whereas people like the op will just give his vote away to the gop.

Old 06-17-2011, 09:01 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,375,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
most people dont even know who they are voting for, and just vote strictly by the letter in front of the candidate.

im proud to say i have voted for independents, democrats, and republicans and that i am not chained to a party like so many people on this forum are.

which makes me more important, since im not an automatic vote for a party. they have to convince me they deserve it.

whereas people like the op will just give his vote away to the gop.
So let me give you a scenario.

Michelle Bachmann wins the nomination, and picks Sarah Palin as her running mate.

Lets say its close to the election, unemployment has gone up, the economy is bad, but Bachmann/Palin have promised to outlaw abortions, end social security, end medicare, and cut taxes for the wealthy again.

And remember, the polls are close, within the margin of era.

There is a third party candidate, but not likely to win, like Nader.

Are you really going to vote for Nader, or are the stakes to high for a wasted vote.

This is the dilemma for many people. Some people see President Obama as so awful, instead of voting independent, they'd rather vote for a Republican they don't support.

This is the lie that the parties have told us.

Its why Republicans try to scare people about President Obama, and its one reason why people keep asking about abortion and gay marriage.

Old 06-17-2011, 09:02 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,477,772 times
Quote:
Originally posted by roysoldboy
These numbers tell me that Republicans do not want to take a chance on who wins by party and although their favorite may not get nominated they will vote for him/her rather than 3rd party or Obama. This link is very interesting and is about Republicans only being questioned. Don't get excited since no Democrats were questioned. Read the link and see how you feel.

83% of GOP Voters Intend to Vote Republican No Matter Who
Very sad.

Quote:
Originally posted by ozzie679
I'm a registered Democrat will probably be voting 3rd party. I know it's a wasted vote....but I don't like Obama, and I 100% refuse to vote for a Republican.
I'm kind of in the same boat as you are. I don't care much for the Democrats, but I absolutely despise the National Republican party in its current form.

Old 06-17-2011, 09:03 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,251,465 times
Quote:
these numbers tell me that there are a lot of idiots.

im sorry but i hate the lackeys from each party who just select republican or democrat straight down the list and dont even research the person they are voting for.
I heard too many people say that they voted for Obama but won't do it again, this evening on TV. Before you get excited know that the people involved were half and half and it was fun watching the machine operate when they were hearing various things. This was on Hannity but he wasn't around.

You may think that Republicans are stupid, and that may be the problem, but we have seen 2 1/2 years of Obama with very few of his promises being even aimed at. Hannity rerun will be at 12:00 tonight and you can see people reacting to Dems and Republicans. The best words I heard didn't come from the mouth of a Congressman although there were 5 of them, both parties there. The words came from a wealthy businessman from Las Vegas and he impressed both parties' people by talking about his people and how much more money it is taking to keep them insured and all that. The attendees liked him because he talked only about his people and never about the company.

When that man was asked what the government could do for us he said just to butt out. Especially he wanted them out of healthcare but wanted many of the new regulations dropped. Now this man runs hotels so his people still have jobs, for now.

Old 06-17-2011, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
...and you don't see a problem that people will vote for one party even if they put a head of cabbage up to vote for?

This should not be counted as a boon, people should prop this number up as something to be ashamed about.
Which of the Republicans now running do you consider heads of cabbage?

Old 06-17-2011, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgi View Post
Lets get Ron Paul in there! He is liked by independents and some Democrats!
I think that Paul's chances of being nominated are no better than Palin's. Maybe I am just too far left leaning in my right side politics.

Old 06-17-2011, 09:07 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,106,464 times
Quote:
these numbers tell me that there are a lot of idiots.

im sorry but i hate the lackeys from each party who just select republican or democrat straight down the list and dont even research the person they are voting for.
You're missing the point. The point is that anyone who is an option from the Republican pool of candidates would be better and more qualified than the current idiot in the WH.

I happen to agree with these folks. I even feel that a Democrat candidate would probably be better than Obama. But my ideology does not go along with the liberal ideology, therefore, I will be voting Republican when it comes to the general election. I'll vote for my first pick in the primaries, though.

Old 06-17-2011, 09:08 PM

Quote:
i know a lot of the freerepublic people have stated they wont vote for romney if he is nominated, they will stay home.

i also found it funny that 93 percent of the tea party would vote for the gop, which further validates my claim that the tea party is not a broad group of people, but the far right idiots of the republican party.

they are the equivalent of the far left, which is why they are bashed so much.
Do you think those Tea Party people are idiots when they say they will not vote for Obama? Surely you knew that they are against Obama in every way. I am not a Tea Partier but I sure won't vote for Obama after what has happened to us since he took office.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies