Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Have you ever had an abortion?
Yes 52 18.98%
No 89 32.48%
N/A- I'm a man & will never be pregnant. 133 48.54%
Voters: 274. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 08:09 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,559,730 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckynumber4 View Post
So I see you conveniently ignored my question. I'll ask it again. A large portion of abortions are performed on married women. What do you suggest for them? Should people practice abstinence in marriage also? Even if people do wait until they are married, it won't stop them from getting abortions.
One doesn't have to have children to stay married, but it sure does help bind. We didn't have children, because my spouse already had children from a previous marriage. If not for the kids, it would have been much easier to walk away, during the rough spells, which we all encounter. They have a way of expanding your world, to an awareness of how much your actions affect others.
I would imagine the number of marrieds aborting their children to be quite small.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2011, 08:49 PM

770 posts, read 1,177,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
One doesn't have to have children to stay married, but it sure does help bind. We didn't have children, because my spouse already had children from a previous marriage. If not for the kids, it would have been much easier to walk away, during the rough spells, which we all encounter. They have a way of expanding your world, to an awareness of how much your actions affect others.

Yes, when people already have children, it can help keep them together, but that's completely different form bringing children that don't exist yet into the world when you can't support them.

I would imagine the number of marrieds aborting their children to be quite small.
It was almost 20% in 2007. It has risen since then.
"Women who have never married and are not cohabiting account for 45% of all abortions" which means the rest are either divorced, married, or cohabiting.

I know of a few married people who've had abortions. Many of them already had children and were in no position to have more. They didn't think it would be fair to the children they already had.

Old 06-30-2011, 09:25 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,501,648 times
Quote:
So I see you conveniently ignored my question. I'll ask it again. A large portion of abortions are performed on married women. What do you suggest for them? Should people practice abstinence in marriage also? Even if people do wait until they are married, it won't stop them from getting abortions.
How many abortions have been performed in the US since Roe V Wade was decided? - Yahoo! Answers

[SIZE=3]Best Answer[/SIZE] - Chosen by Asker

Over 55 million. (That includes residual cost). I think in 2007 the number of actual abortions in the US were around 34 million. And with several million performed per year the number would be higher today.

The residual cost of abortion includes those lives that would exist if the babies had not been aborted. Because those lives would have gone on to have children of their own. Abortion has been legal for so long now that we are into the next generation of lives. Those lives are often not accounted for by pro-abortionists. Nor is there cost and effect on society or even the economy.

The Cost of Abortion

There has got to be a better way.

Yes, I will ignore your questions if they have an insult attached. Why shouldn't I?

Old 06-30-2011, 09:28 PM

Quote:
"Women who have never married and are not cohabiting account for 45% of all abortions" which means the rest are either divorced, married, or cohabiting.

I know of a few married people who've had abortions. Many of them already had children and were in no position to have more. They didn't think it would be fair to the children they already had.

I have heard from children in those families and they wonder what it would be like to have a brother or sister or a bigger family. It sometimes causes guilt feelings since their parents kept them and not the others.

Old 06-30-2011, 09:38 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,142,009 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
I have heard from children in those families and they wonder what it would be like to have a brother or sister or a bigger family. It sometimes causes guilt feelings since their parents kept them and not the others.
Oh brother, you've topped yourself!!!

You claim to know the children of the families in luckynumber4's post!!!!!!

You've "heard from them" ???

And they report to you their innermost feelings!

OH c'mon! How much of that stuff do you expect people to believe???!!!

Why don't you just say how YOU feel and quit interpreting for the rest of the world...

Old 06-30-2011, 09:43 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,036,788 times
Quote:
There are some things that children simply do not need to know.

Why a parent would tell a child they had an abortion is beyond me.

Should a child also have guilt feelings if a sibling miscarries? What are you going to do about that? Again, I wouldn't even tell them unless they knew I was pregnant.

I often wondered what it would be like to have had a sister too, or an older brother instead of a younger brother....so what?

I also wondered what it would be like to have NO brother too.

Old 06-30-2011, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Oh brother, you've topped yourself!!!

You claim to know the children of the families in luckynumber4's post!!!!!!

You've "heard from them" ???

And they report to you their innermost feelings!

OH c'mon! How much of that stuff do you expect people to believe???!!!

Why don't you just say how YOU feel and quit interpreting for the rest of the world...

Pissing contest AGAIN? I can't believe you so misunderstand posts.

I have Googled your name and if you are that Annie53 you seem to be a religious woman, etc. And you are on a lot of sites. You can't be so sidetracked as you seem to be here and uncomprehending and post online so much. Well maybe you can. ???

Old 06-30-2011, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
There are some things that children simply do not need to know.

Why a parent would tell a child they had an abortion is beyond me.

Should a child also have guilt feelings if a sibling miscarries? What are you going to do about that? Again, I wouldn't even tell them unless they knew I was pregnant.

I often wondered what it would be like to have had a sister too, or an older brother instead of a younger brother....so what?

I also wondered what it would be like to have NO brother too.
Me too but I am glad I didn't have to know they had been aborted. Who knows how these kids found out. Secrets have a way of getting out.

Old 06-30-2011, 10:23 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,008,619 times
Quote:

your point? many "only" children wish for a sibling their parents abortion if they had one has nothing to do with that. some kids from large families want less brothers and sisters or vow to only have one or two children. some vow to never have any children.

Old 06-30-2011, 11:08 PM

1,956 posts, read 4,874,299 times
Quote:
Guess you didn't hear about the guy who worked at the drugstore and thought it was hilarious to stick a needle in the condom boxes so they would not work.
What's your problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Do you really expect people only to have sex if they are married?

What about people that do not get married until late in life?

What about people that NEVER get married? Do you expect them to be virgins on the day they die?

Good grief......we are not living in a Mother Goose nursery rhyme.....well.....maybe YOU are.
I agree. People need to get back to reality.

Quote:
LOL, is that what you tell your children? Be prepared to raise some of your grandchildren if it is.

Most people get married so they don't need to wait forever. Plus, I never heard of anyone dying for lack of sex. LOL
Do you have friends?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies