Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2011, 09:09 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,113,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgi View Post
What money?

You mean an institution created to keep blacks from marrying whites? gee, what a sacred history.

If the word marriage is used, how does it harm you, your marriage and the nation. Walk me though this because I don't get it.

No word or peaceful activity anyone does harms my marriage, why does gay marriage harm yours?
Gay Marriage is all about money. Some homosexual somewhere figured up that there are umpteen hundreds of benefits that gays don't get. So what do they do? Try to take down the man/woman institution in order to get it. Homosexuals can't be satisfied with civil unions. They HAVE to take down centuries worth of historical precendence....and might I add take a stab at American Christians in the meantime....just to get the moolah. It's so transparent...why must you folks play obtuse?

Just fess up. You want money. It's the American thing to do, I guess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2011, 09:21 AM

2,735 posts, read 2,462,737 times
Thank God there are sane Conservatives:

YouTube - ‪Gay Marriage Attorney Ted Olson Partial Interview With Chris Wallace FOX Sunday 8-8-10.mp4‬‏

Old 06-20-2011, 09:36 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Gay Marriage is all about money. Some homosexual somewhere figured up that there are umpteen hundreds of benefits that gays don't get. So what do they do? Try to take down the man/woman institution in order to get it. Homosexuals can't be satisfied with civil unions. They HAVE to take down centuries worth of historical precendence....and might I add take a stab at American Christians in the meantime....just to get the moolah. It's so transparent...why must you folks play obtuse?

Are you insinuating that hetero marriages are all about the purity and sancitity and that if there are indeed couples that get hitched for monetary advantages, none of them are straight couples? Really?

Gay couples being recognized as equal, in respect to their rights, has in no way affected any heterosexual marriages...

BTW...Which "American Christians" are they taking a stab at?

Old 06-20-2011, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Are you insinuating that hetero marriages are all about the purity and sancitity and that if there are indeed couples that get hitched for monetary advantages, none of them are straight couples? Really?

Gay couples being recognized as equal, in respect to their rights, has in no way affected any heterosexual marriages...

BTW...Which "American Christians" are they taking a stab at?
Nope. I'm not insinuating that at all. In fact, hetero military couples are one of the largest populations that get married in order to collect the multiple benefits that come with being a married serviceperson. Homosexuals would, by far, not be the only people to marry for monetary benefits.

BUT, homosexuals have made a concerted effort to try to hide the elephant in the room....the umpteen hundred benefits....by claiming that, as you put it, the "purity and sanctity" is what it's all about. BALDERDASH! Just say it. I want to mary Fred because Fred has a ****load of money in the bank and I deserve when we divorce. Or when he dies. THAT'S IT! That's all it's about!!!

I say you can achieve this through civil unions. So why aren't you pushing for that instead of taking down an institution?

Old 06-20-2011, 09:45 AM

1,777 posts, read 1,402,388 times
Quote:
Gay Marriage is all about money.

Internet Tough Guy and now Psychic. Good for you being able to read the minds of thousands who are clamoring for an equal right to marry with heterosexual couples. Good for Aero, threatening to beat up anyone who looks at him weird and understanding that the calls for equal rights are just nothing more than money grubbing! Stay classy!

Old 06-20-2011, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc42gb43 View Post
Internet Tough Guy and now Psychic. Good for you being able to read the minds of thousands who are clamoring for an equal right to marry with heterosexual couples. Good for Aero, threatening to beat up anyone who looks at him weird and understanding that the calls for equal rights are just nothing more than money grubbing! Stay classy!
It just bothers you that my NO PC style...and my clarity of mind.....puts forth opinions that you'd rather be shelved away in the PC closet instead of making you think long and hard about your positions.

Old 06-20-2011, 09:55 AM

1,027 posts, read 824,557 times
So what if its all about the money?

Does that somehow make it less of a Right they are entitled too?

Old 06-20-2011, 09:56 AM

2,200 posts, read 4,420,553 times
Quote:
Nope. I'm not insinuating that at all. In fact, hetero military couples are one of the largest populations that get married in order to collect the multiple benefits that come with being a married serviceperson. Homosexuals would, by far, not be the only people to marry for monetary benefits.

BUT, homosexuals have made a concerted effort to try to hide the elephant in the room....the umpteen hundred benefits....by claiming that, as you put it, the "purity and sanctity" is what it's all about. BALDERDASH! Just say it. I want to mary Fred because Fred has a ****load of money in the bank and I deserve when we divorce. Or when he dies. THAT'S IT! That's all it's about!!!

I say you can achieve this through civil unions. So why aren't you pushing for that instead of taking down an institution?
Yeah, this is so right. It's not at all because two people love each other. Every gay always looks for some rich man to shag with. Yup.

Old 06-20-2011, 09:58 AM

1,027 posts, read 824,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post

I'm waiting for you to quote the law which says you can rape someone when they are drunk.. Nope.. none here..

You've been in law, and thats the best you can come up with? FAIL..

The courts have already ruled it legal to discriminate based upon sexual orientation..
  1. DeSantis v. Pacific Telephone and Telegraph
  2. Ulane v. Eastern Airlines, 742 F.2d 1081 (7th Cir.1984)
As for the 14th amendment nonsense.. there isnt one part of the 14th amendment that is applicatable to thie discussion.. If you were truly in law for the last 30 years, you'd stop this ridiculousness.

Best I can do?...Supreme Court Ruling....yeah seeing as how that's the end all be all of legal decisions.

Better than Glen Beck id assume?

SCOUTS clearly says marriage is a RIGHT not a PRIVILEGE. Somehow you know better than them?

Gays have to get their RIGHTS recognized that's the point of this whole struggle against people like you.

Last edited by CaseyB; 06-20-2011 at 01:09 PM..

Old 06-20-2011, 10:08 AM

1,777 posts, read 1,402,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDirector View Post
The Courts have ruled Slavery is legal...whats your point?

SCOUTS clearly says marriage is a RIGHT not a PRIVILEGE. Somehow you know better than them?

Gays have to get their RIGHTS recognized that's the point of this whole struggle against people like you.
Wrap it up, he's right. A circuit court ruling from 27 years ago said that transexuals don't fall within the protection of Title VII. Even if Ulane has been criticized by several courts since, it doesn't matter. There's no way to rebut two decades-old cases. Sorry homosexuals, your movement for equal marriage rights is over!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies