Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2011, 06:05 PM

1,027 posts, read 824,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Ironic seeing how repubs had no problem with this while Bush was incharge.

They had no problem with Libya until Obama actually did what they suggested either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2011, 06:07 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,897,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I'm not aware that Obama was a pilot. Is Obama flying secret missions instead of those golf matches he says he's going to every weekend.
Obama's only responsible for successful missions (like bin Laden's death), not the unsuccessful ones. He "makes the call" and gets credit for Bin Laden's death, but is certainly not responsibile as commander in chief when things go wrong.

Old 06-19-2011, 06:08 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,827,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
There are many things I do not blame a president for, particularly the economy. But, as commander in chief, I'm afraid that a President should get 100% of the blame for things like this.

Shame on you President Obama. He is ultimately responsible because he makes the calls.

Libya Says NATO Bombed Residential Area In Tripoli, Killed Civilians
Oh no, he is the media/lefts golden? haired boy.

Old 06-19-2011, 06:12 PM

1,027 posts, read 824,754 times
Quote:
Obama's only responsible for successful missions (like bin Laden's death), not the unsuccessful ones. He "makes the call" and gets credit for Bin Laden's death, but is certainly not responsibile as commander in chief when things go wrong.
Did Obama order the air-strike that killed the civilians?

Old 06-19-2011, 06:15 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,528,095 times
Quote:
There are many things I do not blame a president for, particularly the economy. But, as commander in chief, I'm afraid that a President should get 100% of the blame for things like this.

Shame on you President Obama. He is ultimately responsible because he makes the calls.

Libya Says NATO Bombed Residential Area In Tripoli, Killed Civilians
No, I won't blame Obama for this. What was it that made this location a target? Bad information? Weapon's malfunction? Whatever it was, I doubt it was on Obama's direct order that this place be hit.

Old 06-19-2011, 06:18 PM

45,225 posts, read 26,437,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Ironic seeing how repubs had no problem with this while Bush was incharge.
Which ones? because I did

And heaven forbid people tire of never ending war$$$ and change their minds, right?
How dare they!

Old 06-19-2011, 06:26 PM

1,457 posts, read 2,027,912 times
If Obama says the buck stops with him..that translates into he is not responsible

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Change you can step in....

Old 06-19-2011, 08:40 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,858,570 times
Quote:
No. He's the head of our troops. Nice try attempting to defer responsibility. Your War Lord in Chief is worse than Bush. It's tough to admit you threw your vote away in 2008 to a war criminal, but you did.

You are making the assumption our troops were involved with the NATO attacks. and the President had something to say as to what was being targeted. I think you will find the French are largely the ones involved in this.

We provided a large quantity of cruise missiles early on and backed away from the operation.

Bush and Cheney were war criminals and involved with insider trading and the disclosure of CIA agents. and sadly they won't be held accountable. in any way.

I also don't consider my vote for Nader wasted. just a shame the McCain supporters didn't vote the same way and we would have had a change.

Old 06-19-2011, 08:59 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times
I have to say that too many of you people are ignoring the fact that the Libyans are locating many strategic places among civilians. This was done in Vietnam by the North Vietnamese when they located military hospitals in the middle of civilian areas and had many other military sites located among civilians. You can't bomb the military without hitting some civilians. This was also done in Iraq and has been done in other areas of the world and the good guys accused.

When will those of both sides of the political argument start to see what happens too often and stop blaming the wrong people? I think I know when that will be but won't just come out and say.

Old 06-19-2011, 09:02 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,973,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
One can't go to war and not expect casualties.

Its awful, but if you're in a war, civilians will die. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. Even in Gulf war I there were civilian casualties.
Except it's not a war. That's why the president doesn't need approval to go all cowboy on Libya. Isn't that it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies