U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 06-20-2011, 09:45 AM
 
Location: Gulf Coast Texas
11,459 posts, read 4,173,723 times
Reputation: 3649
Default Texas & Unions vs. Obama & EPA

I figured something like this was coming - now it's on.

Union, Texas Congressional delegation agree: The EPA is threatening the Texas economy

On April 13, 2011, the EPA publishing its ruling that Texas must comply with the Clean Air Transport Rule (CATR). Using the CATR, the EPA is set to include Texas in the national sulfur dioxide program, without any comment from any of the state’s stakeholders, political leaders or industry leaders allowed. No public review, just bam!, Texans get the EPA jackboot.

...

It’s a rare moment when Republicans and unions agree on much, but as it turns out, the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) union agrees: The EPA is dangerously overreaching in its CATR finding. The IBEW also fired off a letter of protest on June 16, to Gina McCarthy, assistant administrator of the EPA’s Office of Air and Regulation.

...

That Texas economic success story you’ve been hearing so much about in the news lately? The EPA’s actions here threaten it very directly, by increasing electricity costs while throwing thousands of Texans out of work. If the EPA wants Texas’ unemployment rate to climb up to the higher national average, this ruling may help that along.


How can anyone believe Obama when he says he desires the economy to recover - when this action raises electricity costs and causes people to be laid off? Obama and his group are WEDs - Weapons of Economic Destruction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-20-2011, 10:03 AM
Status: "Progressivism=Faith for the faithless" (set 5 days ago)
 
13,879 posts, read 5,225,201 times
Reputation: 6213
Obama and his magic job creation machine the EPA, strike again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-20-2011, 10:14 AM
 
29,422 posts, read 8,023,887 times
Reputation: 5395
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I figured something like this was coming - now it's on.

Union, Texas Congressional delegation agree: The EPA is threatening the Texas economy

On April 13, 2011, the EPA publishing its ruling that Texas must comply with the Clean Air Transport Rule (CATR). Using the CATR, the EPA is set to include Texas in the national sulfur dioxide program, without any comment from any of the state’s stakeholders, political leaders or industry leaders allowed. No public review, just bam!, Texans get the EPA jackboot.

...

It’s a rare moment when Republicans and unions agree on much, but as it turns out, the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) union agrees: The EPA is dangerously overreaching in its CATR finding. The IBEW also fired off a letter of protest on June 16, to Gina McCarthy, assistant administrator of the EPA’s Office of Air and Regulation.

...

That Texas economic success story you’ve been hearing so much about in the news lately? The EPA’s actions here threaten it very directly, by increasing electricity costs while throwing thousands of Texans out of work. If the EPA wants Texas’ unemployment rate to climb up to the higher national average, this ruling may help that along.


How can anyone believe Obama when he says he desires the economy to recover - when this action raises electricity costs and causes people to be laid off? Obama and his group are WEDs - Weapons of Economic Destruction.
It will only get worse. The EPA is looking at enforcing air quality standards on all farmers because their equipment kicks up too much dust while driving through their fields. Sadly by the time this guy and his lackies get thrown out there will be so much damage done it will take years to fix if at all.

Now we have his new executive order signed on the 9th of this month establishing the White House Rural Council which means big brother will now be sticking his nose into everywhere even if you live outside of the cities they've already destroyed. Prepare for insane regulations based on acreage, water, who knows what they'll come up with. Destroy the cities now move on like a parasite going organ to organ.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-20-2011, 10:19 AM
 
Location: San Antonio, Texas
589 posts, read 81,735 times
Reputation: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I figured something like this was coming - now it's on.

Union, Texas Congressional delegation agree: The EPA is threatening the Texas economy

On April 13, 2011, the EPA publishing its ruling that Texas must comply with the Clean Air Transport Rule (CATR). Using the CATR, the EPA is set to include Texas in the national sulfur dioxide program, without any comment from any of the state’s stakeholders, political leaders or industry leaders allowed. No public review, just bam!, Texans get the EPA jackboot.

...

It’s a rare moment when Republicans and unions agree on much, but as it turns out, the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) union agrees: The EPA is dangerously overreaching in its CATR finding. The IBEW also fired off a letter of protest on June 16, to Gina McCarthy, assistant administrator of the EPA’s Office of Air and Regulation.

...

That Texas economic success story you’ve been hearing so much about in the news lately? The EPA’s actions here threaten it very directly, by increasing electricity costs while throwing thousands of Texans out of work. If the EPA wants Texas’ unemployment rate to climb up to the higher national average, this ruling may help that along.


How can anyone believe Obama when he says he desires the economy to recover - when this action raises electricity costs and causes people to be laid off? Obama and his group are WEDs - Weapons of Economic Destruction.
Texas solution : disregard ! you refuse to accept the law, and you declare EPA's executives as criminals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-20-2011, 10:47 AM
 
Location: Cherokee Nation
27,578 posts, read 10,501,712 times
Reputation: 6087
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flize View Post
Texas solution : disregard ! you refuse to accept the law, and you declare EPA's executives as criminals.

This is exactly what is going to happen.

Rick Perry has already given the middle finger to the EPA and is discussing closing all EPA offices in the State of Texas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-20-2011, 10:53 AM
 
Location: San Antonio, Texas
589 posts, read 81,735 times
Reputation: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
This is exactly what is going to happen.

Rick Perry has already given the middle finger to the EPA and is discussing closing all EPA offices in the State of Texas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-20-2011, 10:55 AM
Status: "Progressivism=Faith for the faithless" (set 5 days ago)
 
13,879 posts, read 5,225,201 times
Reputation: 6213
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
This is exactly what is going to happen.

Rick Perry has already given the middle finger to the EPA and is discussing closing all EPA offices in the State of Texas.
It's long past time for states to give the fed the middle finger.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top