Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 12:13 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,647,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Jesus,

First ladies are public figures, and they do diplomatic things.

When other Republican Presidents were in office, and the debt was going up and up, their first ladies would go on trips also.

The things some people worry about.
I don't recall a Republican President taking trips and telling American companies they shouldn't be attending business conventions in Las Vegas. The message I get from this administration is, "Do as I say, not as I do."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2011, 12:31 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,135,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texas7 View Post
Just as when Michelle took all her buds to Spain on the taxpayers' dime - now she is in South Africa with her girls (which is all good and fine) but she also drug along her Mom and a niece and a nephew. I don't recall the other first ladies treating extended family members to see the world as part of their official business. Her and the girls - I'm in favor of that as part of their duties but not the mom and miscellaneous nieces and nephews - geez.
Last I checked, Mrs. Obama's husband made enough money at his job to cover such expenses. I do not feel that it is proper for her to ask the tax payers to pay for it.

A woman of integrity would not allow her "tab" to be picked up this way. Even in the most prosperous of times.

Politics aside, race aside, I just don't like these people very much.

20yrsinBranson

Old 06-22-2011, 12:35 PM

4,367 posts, read 3,483,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Do we know how it was paid? I mean, the Obamas do have some money.
Are you kidding??

Old 06-22-2011, 12:43 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,813,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Do we know how it was paid? I mean, the Obamas do have some money.
Of course they do. I bet she booked that trip with Expedia using her American Express credit card.

Old 06-22-2011, 12:57 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Last I checked, Mrs. Obama's husband made enough money at his job to cover such expenses. I do not feel that it is proper for her to ask the tax payers to pay for it.

A woman of integrity would not allow her "tab" to be picked up this way. Even in the most prosperous of times.

Politics aside, race aside, I just don't like these people very much.

20yrsinBranson
Isn't she there on official business?

Your last sentence is rather obvious.

Old 06-22-2011, 01:08 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
The race card is played out?????
What world do you live in? It sure isn't the real one.
I travel extensively in the USA and the amount of overt and covert racism that I have come across is just mind blowing.

Thr racists of yesteryear at least had enough balls to come right out with it. Todays racists are the biggest bunch of cowards I have ever heard of. Besides being cowards they are as stupid as dumber and dumber. Their speech is full of what they think is veiled racism and they cry like the goofballs they are when you call them on it.

I like the way we do it here in Canada. If you come out with some even subtle racism you get so many people jumping down your throat you probably learn to keep your big ignorant mouth shut. Our kids have learned in school over the last 40 years that racism is just the lowest of the low. It's socially unacceptable to the point that if you are a racist you just hide out with your other like minded bigots in a hole somewhere.
So apparently anyone who questions the great orator or didn't vote for him is racist? It appears you are afflicted with white guilt or in Canada that disease would be aboriginal guilt.

Old 06-23-2011, 06:33 AM

10,016 posts, read 12,578,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
So apparently anyone who questions the great orator or didn't vote for him is racist? It appears you are afflicted with white guilt or in Canada that disease would be aboriginal guilt.
No, that's not ot at all. There are many who oppose the President's policies that are not racist for sure. But, given the hundereds of racist type comments, pictures, names, refrences, illusions and other things the first family has been called these last two years, you would have to be brain dead to deny there is a great deal of racist opposition there.

Old 06-23-2011, 06:45 AM

12,962 posts, read 13,676,205 times
Quote:
No, that's not ot at all. There are many who oppose the President's policies that are not racist for sure. But, given the hundereds of racist type comments, pictures, names, refrences, illusions and other things the first family has been called these last two years, you would have to be brain dead to deny there is a great deal of racist opposition there.
It seems the covert racism is more prevalent with the first lady. I guess if she was a wise cracking, fat sassy black woman people would like her more, but alas she is an attractive, intelligent Ivy league educated woman pretty much like many other first ladies. How dare she be so much like a white lady ! for that she must pay for her own trips to do America's good will.

Last edited by thriftylefty; 06-23-2011 at 08:08 AM..

Old 06-23-2011, 08:15 AM

10,016 posts, read 12,578,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
It seems the covert racism is more prevalent with the first lady. I guess if she was a wise cracking, fat sassy black woman people would like her more, but alas she is an attractive, intelligent Ivy league educated woman pretty much like many other first ladies. How dare she be so much like a white lady ! for that she must pay for her own trips to do Americas good will.
Can you believe these Obama haters? The first lady in the USA has a really big job and awesome responsibilities. It just comes with the territory. So, not only do these morons moan and complain that the first Lady trys to look good from a fashion standpoint they bit.h and complain about every single thing she does. They do it to the point of idiocy. Can you believe that anyone with even half a brain could be against fighting childhood obesity? Well , just ask the Obama haters, They are against it.Somehow in their twisted minds they translate a concern about the health of tens of millions of American children into some evil plan to take away people's rights. When they are so wrong and so twisted on something as simple as this then how wrong are they on highly complex problems regarding the economy, jobs, crime, energy and so on.

I would like to add that it's just amazing in my opinion that American first ladies are expected to devote their entire life to this job and they recieve no one red cent in pay for it.
These goofball complainers not only don't see that or care about that they expect the first lady should spend her own money doing the job. How many of these people who hate their country with such passion give thousands of unpaid hours in service to the USA?
I'll wager None of them do.

Old 06-23-2011, 09:11 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,312,855 times
Quote:
Can you believe these Obama haters? The first lady in the USA has a really big job and awesome responsibilities. It just comes with the territory. So, not only do these morons moan and complain that the first Lady trys to look good from a fashion standpoint they bit.h and complain about every single thing she does. They do it to the point of idiocy. Can you believe that anyone with even half a brain could be against fighting childhood obesity? Well , just ask the Obama haters, They are against it.Somehow in their twisted minds they translate a concern about the health of tens of millions of American children into some evil plan to take away people's rights. When they are so wrong and so twisted on something as simple as this then how wrong are they on highly complex problems regarding the economy, jobs, crime, energy and so on.

I would like to add that it's just amazing in my opinion that American first ladies are expected to devote their entire life to this job and they recieve no one red cent in pay for it.
These goofball complainers not only don't see that or care about that they expect the first lady should spend her own money doing the job. How many of these people who hate their country with such passion give thousands of unpaid hours in service to the USA?
I'll wager None of them do.
I totally agree with you. Being a First Lady is a thankless job with no pay and yet they are expected to find four to eight years worth of do-good projects and volunteer hours. Michelle Obama spends six days on a summer working vacation with her daughters and mother and the sky is falling according to the haters here at CD. Unbelievable!

For anyone who might be interested in what Michelle Obama is doing in South Africa you can follow the official blog here:

The First Lady's Trip to Africa | The White House
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies