Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2011, 12:09 PM

9,732 posts, read 9,691,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
First, learn the difference between carjacking and car theft. Secondly, America's Most Wanted has shot down your claim for the last 25 years.

We used to HANG horse thieves back in the old west. That deterred people from stealing someones horse. What is the difference between a man's horse and his automobile?

Old 06-22-2011, 12:10 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,824,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
I love the looks on their faces when they get caught.

It's friggin' priceless!

They're joyfully elated when they first get in the car, like "DAMN! That was easy! We gonna have some fun!".

Then it's like "oh, ****e! I'm goin' to jail!"
I've only seen the show a couple times but I love the fact that every one of them has a story of where the car came from and which friend asked them to drive it from where to where. You would figure someone who's able to make up stuff like that would be able to get a job as a politician or something.

Old 06-22-2011, 12:12 PM

18,837 posts, read 37,234,968 times
Okay, no one on that program is a brain surgeon..they see a car, WOW, it has the KEYS in it...okay, let's just take it for a ride. I don't like the whole premise of the show, they put the car in an area wit homeless dudes...come on...of course they are going to take the car for a ride. These are not the same people who are actually stealing cars, that do not have keys in them...These guys are so stupid, it is really pathetic.

One interesting thing...have not seen any women carjackers...interesting...

Old 06-22-2011, 12:14 PM

31,288 posts, read 20,644,911 times
Baiting people to commit a crime is an abuse of government power.

Old 06-22-2011, 12:18 PM

45,022 posts, read 60,017,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Okay, no one on that program is a brain surgeon..they see a car, WOW, it has the KEYS in it...okay, let's just take it for a ride. I don't like the whole premise of the show, they put the car in an area wit homeless dudes...come on...of course they are going to take the car for a ride. These are not the same people who are actually stealing cars, that do not have keys in them...These guys are so stupid, it is really pathetic.

You haven't seen all of them then. One woman had her family with her.

Old 06-22-2011, 12:27 PM

3,644 posts, read 6,287,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post

Those aren't homeless peopel stealing the cars on that show. Those are carreer criminals. Sometimes they even bust chop shops when they catch the guys that the car thief calls on his cell phone while he's stealing hte car. These guys are not joy riding in the car (like that would someohw make it OK anyway). They are thieves and they do real harm to their victims, as well as to all of us through the higher insurance costs we all pay.

Old 06-22-2011, 12:27 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,509,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
"Man up" and say what exactly? I said exactly what I wanted to, it's too bad a few liberal idiots didn't catch the sarcasm.

You're no different than the rest of the race baiting crew, you don't want me to say what I feel... you desperately want me to say something you can somehow twist into something racist so you can run to one of your quick-dial leftist mods who will then give me an infraction or ban me which is of course your ultimate goal because you can't stand to hear the truth from someone like me.
I have never reported you to a mod. I want you to say what you feel. Just don't whine when I point you out for it. Sarcasm nah you meant it just like that. So we blame everything on slavery just so we can steal right backspace?

Old 06-22-2011, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
I think it really has a lot to do with regions and where the episodes are filmed. I read once that over the many years of filming cops they would go out of their way to include clips that showed them arresting people of all races. Let's be honest, if they film an episode of cops in Atlanta or Detroit it's going to look like they're arresting mostly black people but if they film an episode somewhere in Kentucky or West Virginia it would look exactly the opposite based on simple population numbers. You're not going to arrest a black guy smoking crack in rural West Virginia and you're not going to arrest some hillbilly making moonshine in Detroit.

I don't know how many cities they film Bait Car in but that might have a lot to do with the appearance.
Why couldn't you have just said that at first instead of that other bull.

Old 06-22-2011, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
We used to HANG horse thieves back in the old west. That deterred people from stealing someones horse. What is the difference between a man's horse and his automobile?
You would like that wouldn't you.

Old 06-22-2011, 12:35 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,866,941 times
Clue: it not the color of the skin but the economic position that counts, jeeeez how many times do some of us have to repeat this
Casper
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.