Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 04:45 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,530,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Seriously, can liberals not catch sarcasm if you don't spell it out?
You hide behind sarcasm. You mean every word. I know you feel that we don't have enough intelligence to see through someone like you but you are wrong.

Old 06-22-2011, 04:52 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,207,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Never heard of this show that you speak of. Why do you enjoy seeing people's cars getting stolen?
I've never seen the show, but its probably much the same reason why people love watching "cops". They enjoy watching idiots get busted....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Then do not waste any more of my, or your, time trying to do so, I will do the same in the future. Enjoy your world of hate, it is ALL yours.
Casper

I don't think his position is intended to be hateful. I think the primary cause of his position is just frustration. I don't think there are too many people who really "want" to be racist or to look for racial patterns. I personally just get frustrated that I have to be cautious in dealing with people of varying races. I'm not in the position I was in as a kid where the only person I had to worry about was myself, when it was easy for me to only surround myself with good people.

I am in a situation now where I am constantly looking out for other people, trying to keep them safe, put them in a position to be successful and to be happy. It would be nice if "race" was as meaningless as say eye color or hair color, but it just isn't.

When I look at places where I would like to live, they are always places with as few blacks as possible. Not because I'm racist, but because they are just nicer places to live. The pattern becomes so strong and pronounced, you no longer even have to look at crime rates or school ratings, you just look at the racial makeup of an area, that is really all you need to know.

That isn't saying that all-white areas are always nice, but I would live in any all-white area in a heartbeat over a Compton, a Harlem, a Bronx, much of Oakland, etc. Sure there are a few all-black affluent communities around places like Atlanta, but I still wouldn't want to live there.

My friend always says, "black people can live in white neighborhoods, but white people shouldn't live in black neighborhoods."

In reality, I don't intend to be racist towards anyone. I just get so frustrated with the fact that humans are just different. It would be nice if everyone was born equal, but they aren't. It doesn't take much more than just opening your eyes and you'll see it. Each persons predispositions and inclinations just tend to vary from one race to another(or even one family to another) till a distinct pattern emerges. This fact makes it nearly impossible to tell the "good ones" from the "bad ones", till you get to where you just don't want to deal with any of them.

The eventual conclusion is that, you just want it all to go away. You think, it would be so much better if there just weren't any black people at all(or muslims or hispanics etc). And sadly, its true. America is simply not better because there are black people here, it would be far better without them. On the other hand, its hard to argue that Japan is better off with white people or Koreans there. Its hard to argue that Sweden is better off with thousands of muslim refugees. Diversity itself is an endless stream of frustration and hatred.

But what is the solution? I just don't know.

But it seems like most people are perfectly content with doing absolutely nothing. They just keep telling themselves there isn't a problem, while they hide away from it.

But I can't blame them, any fix to the problem would necessarily be racist/xenophobic or just flat-out evil(in the name of good).

Old 06-22-2011, 05:05 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
I'm sure if they filmed in El Paso that the "clientele" would differ.

But your bait car would have to be an F-150/250/350, or a Dodge 1500/2500/3500 pick up truck.

Old 06-22-2011, 05:23 PM

30,063 posts, read 18,663,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magoomafoo View Post
I love watching the show "Bait Car". I've noticed that the majority of the carjackers are black. Very rarely do I see a white guy or even a mexican. Is it just the area that the show is filmed or are the majority of carjackings made by blacks? It's kind of hard not to have a complex when that's all you see. I am by far not racial but jeez....don't white guys steal cars too?

The truth hurts. When a culture encourages and cultivates criminals, one can expect to produce criminals.

However, in the era of political correctness, one must refuse to acknowledge facts and take no action to remedy cultural problems in the US. The end result is a perpetuation and expansion of the very same problems and dooms the black community to economic servitude.

Wake up. If you want to make the world a better place, start in your own home. Maintain two parent families, pay attention and enact discipline to your kids, promote thier education, promote a work ethic, bring them to church, discourage drugs, and BE POSITIVE. Life is pretty simple in that regard. If one supports a system which condones anything else, expect problems to continue and expand in scope.

Old 06-22-2011, 05:41 PM

45,379 posts, read 60,561,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
But your bait car would have to be an F-150/250/350, or a Dodge 1500/2500/3500 pick up truck.

They have an F 150 in Los Angeles that they show. The cars run the gamut from old Nissans to Escalades.

Old 06-22-2011, 05:58 PM

1,077 posts, read 2,632,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
The truth hurts. When a culture encourages and cultivates criminals, one can expect to produce criminals.

However, in the era of political correctness, one must refuse to acknowledge facts and take no action to remedy cultural problems in the US. The end result is a perpetuation and expansion of the very same problems and dooms the black community to economic servitude.

Wake up. If you want to make the world a better place, start in your own home. Maintain two parent families, pay attention and enact discipline to your kids, promote thier education, promote a work ethic, bring them to church, discourage drugs, and BE POSITIVE. Life is pretty simple in that regard. If one supports a system which condones anything else, expect problems to continue and expand in scope.

That's the problem. I'm trying to teach my kids that EVERYONE has a choice along with the opportunity that America offers. So when my kids see a reality show each week that has mostly black criminals, they assume that's the norm. When those criminals have the same choices as everyone else in America how can our culture be cultivating criminals? A person is not handed "here's how you are suppose to live instructions" at birth based on color of skin.

Old 06-22-2011, 06:24 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,530,120 times
Quote:
That's the problem. I'm trying to teach my kids that EVERYONE has a choice along with the opportunity that America offers. So when my kids see a reality show each week that has mostly black criminals, they assume that's the norm. When those criminals have the same choices as everyone else in America how can our culture be cultivating criminals? A person is not handed "here's how you are suppose to live instructions" at birth based on color of skin.

So if my only knowledge of White people was based on the Beverly Hillbillies, Rock of Love, Roseanne, Girls Gone Wild and Married with Children would you correct me or let me believe that they represent ALL White people?

It's very simple. You have made the decision to allow the negative stereotype perpetuated on the show to be the "norm" with your children. There are many positive images and portrayals that exist on televison of Black Americans yet you have made the choice to reinforce the negative.

Old 06-22-2011, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
I've never seen the show, but its probably much the same reason why people love watching "cops". They enjoy watching idiots get busted....

I don't think his position is intended to be hateful. I think the primary cause of his position is just frustration. I don't think there are too many people who really "want" to be racist or to look for racial patterns. I personally just get frustrated that I have to be cautious in dealing with people of varying races. I'm not in the position I was in as a kid where the only person I had to worry about was myself, when it was easy for me to only surround myself with good people.

I am in a situation now where I am constantly looking out for other people, trying to keep them safe, put them in a position to be successful and to be happy. It would be nice if "race" was as meaningless as say eye color or hair color, but it just isn't.

When I look at places where I would like to live, they are always places with as few blacks as possible. Not because I'm racist, but because they are just nicer places to live. The pattern becomes so strong and pronounced, you no longer even have to look at crime rates or school ratings, you just look at the racial makeup of an area, that is really all you need to know.

That isn't saying that all-white areas are always nice, but I would live in any all-white area in a heartbeat over a Compton, a Harlem, a Bronx, much of Oakland, etc. Sure there are a few all-black affluent communities around places like Atlanta, but I still wouldn't want to live there.

My friend always says, "black people can live in white neighborhoods, but white people shouldn't live in black neighborhoods."

In reality, I don't intend to be racist towards anyone. I just get so frustrated with the fact that humans are just different. It would be nice if everyone was born equal, but they aren't. It doesn't take much more than just opening your eyes and you'll see it. Each persons predispositions and inclinations just tend to vary from one race to another(or even one family to another) till a distinct pattern emerges. This fact makes it nearly impossible to tell the "good ones" from the "bad ones", till you get to where you just don't want to deal with any of them.

The eventual conclusion is that, you just want it all to go away. You think, it would be so much better if there just weren't any black people at all(or muslims or hispanics etc). And sadly, its true. America is simply not better because there are black people here, it would be far better without them. On the other hand, its hard to argue that Japan is better off with white people or Koreans there. Its hard to argue that Sweden is better off with thousands of muslim refugees. Diversity itself is an endless stream of frustration and hatred.

But what is the solution? I just don't know.

But it seems like most people are perfectly content with doing absolutely nothing. They just keep telling themselves there isn't a problem, while they hide away from it.

But I can't blame them, any fix to the problem would necessarily be racist/xenophobic or just flat-out evil(in the name of good).
We didn't ask to be around you. you came to get us. I wonder how good your perfect white world would be with out slave labor create wealth.

Old 06-22-2011, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post

I agree 100%

Old 06-22-2011, 07:15 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,581,661 times
Default No Carjacking Going On In The Bait Car Show......

Quote:
I love watching the show "Bait Car". I've noticed that the majority of the carjackers are black. Very rarely do I see a white guy or even a mexican. Is it just the area that the show is filmed or are the majority of carjackings made by blacks? It's kind of hard not to have a complex when that's all you see. I am by far not racial but jeez....don't white guys steal cars too?
The Automobile Thieves Target Modesto CA and makes it number
" (1) one in cars taken " (usually) , I believe that bait car is filmed
in Los Angeles california correct me if i'm wrong. Modesto is mostly
Caucasian and Latino so draw your conclusions from that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies