Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 10:37 AM

2,714 posts, read 4,281,921 times

Advertisements

I'm a republican, and Fox News is biased
MSNBC is biased
CNN is actually the LEAST biased of the major 3 cable news networks...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2011, 10:39 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Could Stewart be any dumber? There are 2 ways to look at this. The supposed "facts" misstated by Fox, were misstated by opinion shows. Is this where Stewart really wants to go? I am sure you will find similar misstatements by any opinion show.

The second way to look at this is, as Sewart points out, Fox viewers are more informed than his despite the misstatements provided by Stewart. So how much misinformation does Stewart spew per hour?

In any event, I find the fascination of Fox news by the left hilarious. Stewart had his head handed to him by Fox on Sunday so he turns into a whiney baby.
I see that I wasn't the only one who watched Wallace deal with Stewart. None of these people supporting him saw the show, though.

Old 06-22-2011, 10:40 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,194,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
I'm a republican, and Fox News is biased
MSNBC is biased
CNN is actually the LEAST biased of the major 3 cable news networks...
I'm a liberal and I agree with this.

5,872 posts, read 8,094,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Jon Stewart is a hack. Can't believe liberals take him seriously. I love it when someone calls him out (like Chris Wallace) about his political advocacy for Democrats, he ALWAYS hides behind his comedian status.
No one takes him seriously for a political activist...simply b/c as you point out HE'S A COMEDIAN, making fun of those who ATTEMPT to portray themselves as neutral political "commentators". Those who attempt to play gotcha, usually end up getting "got".

19,226 posts, read 15,321,408 times
I like Rachael Maddow because she's so intelligent that her lies are always stark.

I'm a stark freak.

I'm just too damned lazy for subtlety.

I'm a starker!

I hope there's no law against it.

Old 06-22-2011, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
LOL you didn't watch the show did ya?!!
Did you watch the show at any of the three possible hours Sunday? I caught it twice and wasn't at all impressed with Stewart. I think he is pretty funny on his show, but then his writers are involved and unless they could divine Wallace's questions they couldn't really prepare him.

Old 06-22-2011, 10:42 AM

Quote:
LOL, I sure did. The prima dona himself admitted he had his head handed to him. He complained about "editing". I seem to recall Palin make the same claim and have it dismissed. but I am sure you'll believe little Jonnie.

Err...the un-edited clip is the one I posted. Compare to what Faux News aired, to what they didn't. The difference is...Palin couldn't or wouldn't post what was NOT aired. Probably b/c it makes her look worse.

Old 06-22-2011, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Pointing out the edit by FOX News only served to prove another Fox lie, hardly handing Stewart's
head to him. You know when your defense of something begins to make you look dumb you should
stop, have you ever heard of the rule of holes, "when you're in one stop digging"?
Is there a reason you don't take your own advice?

Could you tell us just a little bit about what you saw when you watched the show? You know you don't watch Fox, but then maybe Media Matters played the whole show for people like you.

Old 06-22-2011, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Not suprised, ya know according to Stewart, Daily Show viewers are dumber than Fox viewers.

LOL...the polls show that FAUX NEWS...NEWS....NEWS was barely in TWO POLLS above a show on the COMEDY CHANNEL!!!

You are making a direct correlation and admitting that viewers of a so-called NEWS show are barely more "informed" than those who watch a COMEDY CHANNEL!

It doesn't get any funnier than that people.

Old 06-22-2011, 10:49 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,194,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txgolfer130 View Post
LOL...the polls show that FAUX NEWS...NEWS....NEWS was barely in TWO POLLS above a show on the COMEDY CHANNEL!!!

You are making a direct correlation and admitting that viewers of a so-called NEWS show are barely more "informed" than those who watch a COMEDY CHANNEL!

It doesn't get any funnier than that people.
I think maybe shorebaby finally got the rule of holes message!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies